PDA

View Full Version : Who was the GM behind the Vvrael and Terate?

SHAFT
02-18-2012, 05:06 PM
Those were some fun times in GS. Who was behind that?

kookiegod
02-18-2012, 06:54 PM
The Vrrael saga was the work of Ian, who was GM Aephir, along with other GMs who helped out.

It was the storyline to open the Rift.

~Paul

Asha
02-18-2012, 07:01 PM
Good Lord that seems like forever ago. Alotta work went into that.

SHAFT
02-18-2012, 07:15 PM
Terate was a cool character. I remember logging in during those days and there was just mass chaos.

Archigeek
02-19-2012, 12:40 AM
Point of trivia: It was the first use of something resembling major ewave. Terate sheered off a lot of legs with that little trick.

SHAFT
02-19-2012, 02:54 AM
Didn't he kill the people who thought to him or tried to locate him? How did he eventually die?

Ceyrin
02-19-2012, 06:47 AM
Didn't he kill the people who thought to him or tried to locate him? How did he eventually die?

How do all powerful men die?

Women.

Archigeek
02-19-2012, 11:46 AM
Yep, think to him or locate and it was likely you'd be attacked. Was a fun story line though.

Makkah
02-19-2012, 01:07 PM
Didn't he self-sacrifice to save the WORLD from the Vvrael up at the Cavern of Ages? And Rayne was his lady-friend

Makkah
02-19-2012, 01:10 PM
also... Aephir/Metaephor was the shit

Archigeek
02-19-2012, 02:42 PM
Didn't he self-sacrifice to save the WORLD from the Vvrael up at the Cavern of Ages? And Rayne was his lady-friend

Yep, and Rayyne still has his void blade, (attuned): self-mana implosion, which is ironic considering she's a sorceress.

One of the other fun parts of that quest was just hanging out with "the chosen" while they waited for something to happen. There were some fun moments up in the caves in the mountains enroute to Pinefar.

Also, as the time the Vvrael were pretty terrifying/exciting when they would show up here or there, like in Darkstone.

Asha
02-19-2012, 02:56 PM
Yep, and Rayyne still has his void blade, (attuned): self-mana implosion, which is ironic considering she's a sorceress.

http://goddamnsheishot.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/facepalm.jpg

Ceyrin
02-19-2012, 10:11 PM
Like I said... woman.

thefarmer
02-19-2012, 10:50 PM
Yep, think to him or locate and it was likely you'd be attacked. Was a fun story line though.

He had an option that he toggled on and off that if you located him you imploded.

Archigeek
02-19-2012, 11:07 PM
He had an option that he toggled on and off that if you located him you imploded.

Yeah I can't say it was always fun, but it fit with the way the story went. Was a good quest in my mind. I know some complain about favoritism due to their being "the chosen" but I was never chosen and I had a great time.

thefarmer
02-19-2012, 11:11 PM
Yeah I can't say it was always fun, but it fit with the way the story went. Was a good quest in my mind. I know some complain about favoritism due to their being "the chosen" but I was never chosen and I had a great time.

I wasn't even in that larger secondary group and I had fun.

My best memory of that time I think was when one of the handful of people trained in archery almost killed Terate at the north gate with a bow. It was something absurd like a 60-70AS versus his 10-20 ranged DS.

Archigeek
02-19-2012, 11:26 PM
Too funny. Ah the querks of exploiting unfinished systems.

Miscast
02-19-2012, 11:40 PM

One of the other fun parts of that quest was just hanging out with "the chosen" while they waited for something to happen. There were some fun moments up in the caves in the mountains enroute to Pinefar.

Also, as the time the Vvrael were pretty terrifying/exciting when they would show up here or there, like in Darkstone.

What's the difference between you and a mallard with a cold? One's a sick duck...and I can't remember how it ends, but Rayyne's a whore.

SHAFT
02-24-2012, 01:38 AM
I'd like to see the void blade. Never knew it existed

jpatter123
03-29-2012, 10:09 PM
Some of the Terate saga was good. Some was just frustrating and irritating and not well played.Terate was on the isle often enough that it become a joke(an annoying one) of him walking around and pointing at you and you dying. One night he was in the inn with Rayyne and summoned a tiger,killed it, skinned it and made her i think was a cloak(can't remember). In the end I was not a fan of the whole thing.

gs4-PauperSid
03-29-2012, 10:37 PM
I remember being big bad wizard of maybe 20 trainings. . .then that whole thing went down...it kinda reminded me of war of the worlds..in the futility of resisting the vvrael/terate. Populations of folks (old farts) just dead dead dead.

Then all of a sudden OOp it's over!...almost like they realised eh, we fucked 'em up too good....how are we gonna pull this offf.....hmm zomg sacrifice instant win!

I still dont care for invasions and such to this day. They seem pretty much pointless and though I've multiple professions/training routes that are all mid early 60ish, I've never been particularly useful during invasions or derived much fun from instadeath that tends to be involved. I guess Gms need to get their jollys somehow too. I just spread my characters out and avoid the townes that are currently 'active'. (avoiding RR like the plague right now)

-J

SHAFT
03-30-2012, 12:35 AM
Some of the Terate saga was good. Some was just frustrating and irritating and not well played.Terate was on the isle often enough that it become a joke(an annoying one) of him walking around and pointing at you and you dying. One night he was in the inn with Rayyne and summoned a tiger,killed it, skinned it and made her i think was a cloak(can't remember). In the end I was not a fan of the whole thing.

But think of the memories you have...