PDA

View Full Version : Mass Effect 3 Demo

Fallen
02-15-2012, 02:45 PM
This is out on all systems as of yesterday. If you bought Battlefield 3 I believe you can even demo the online Multiplayer for the game as well. Is anyone playing it? If so, on what system? What do you think of it so far? I'm likely going to hold off and wait for the full game but i'd love to hear other people's thoughts. Sites like IGN and 1up have been pushing pushing the multiplayer as actually worthwhile. Should be interesting as people were so against the notion from the second it was announced. Hopefully, it is good enough to warrant the game's delay.

Androidpk
02-15-2012, 02:51 PM
Multiplayer looks really fun. Haven't had a chance to download the game yet, in the process of moving, most likely i'll be playing on Pc.

Gizmo
02-15-2012, 03:32 PM
This is out on all systems as of yesterday. If you bought Battlefield 3 I believe you can even demo the online Multiplayer for the game as well. Is anyone playing it? If so, on what system? What do you think of it so far? I'm likely going to hold off and wait for the full game but i'd love to hear other people's thoughts. Sites like IGN and 1up have been pushing pushing the multiplayer as actually worthwhile. Should be interesting as people were so against the notion from the second it was announced. Hopefully, it is good enough to warrant the game's delay.

Haven't played the Multiplayer Demo portion yet, since I'd rather play some some friends that also have it. Played thru some very early portion of the single player but haven't played since the first scene since I'm sick :(

But, it seemed pretty cool, coming from someone who never played the other ME's and has no grasp on the storyline heh

Drunken Durfin
02-15-2012, 05:33 PM
Downloading the PC version tonight.

Anothi
02-15-2012, 06:11 PM
360. And I won't be downloading the demo because I already know it will be epic!

Back
02-15-2012, 06:15 PM
Is there some code word for Steam? Because all I see is Mass Effect 2 demo.

Stanley Burrell
02-15-2012, 06:40 PM
360. And I won't be downloading the demo because I already know it will be epic!

This.

Earthborn. Ruthless.

Back
02-15-2012, 06:47 PM
This.

Earthborn. Ruthless.

Thats nice. All we get is Ruthless Rye around here.

Drew
02-15-2012, 06:49 PM
I wonder if I can import my "game choices" from 1 and 2 over to 3 on the PC? Somehow I doubt it.

Delias
02-15-2012, 07:57 PM
Can't wait to get my hands on it, for PC of course. Actually playing through me2 a second time while I wait, just for shits and giggles.

Fallen
02-15-2012, 08:05 PM
I wonder if I can import my "game choices" from 1 and 2 over to 3 on the PC? Somehow I doubt it.

For the PC you can download saved games that detail EXACTLY which choices were made so you can have the game you want ready to go.

Fallen
02-15-2012, 08:06 PM
Can't wait to get my hands on it, for PC of course. Actually playing through me2 a second time while I wait, just for shits and giggles.

I am going to do the same to ensure I have the perfect Paragon Shep for ME3. Not so worried about Ruthless.

Androidpk
02-15-2012, 08:32 PM
Why does Shepard run like he's got a turd in his pants?

Drunken Durfin
02-15-2012, 08:38 PM
Download is hung at 98.63%. Not. Happy.

Delias
02-15-2012, 09:16 PM
Download is hung at 98.63%. Not. Happy.

thought it wasn't out until the 6th?

Drunken Durfin
02-15-2012, 09:33 PM
>thought it wasn't out until the 6th?

BF3 folks get a preview.

Just played some of the single-player stuff. Made me dizzy, not sure like it.

Delias
02-15-2012, 09:35 PM
>thought it wasn't out until the 6th?

BF3 folks get a preview.

Just played some of the single-player stuff. Made me dizzy, not sure like it.

Is it somehow different than the last one in terms of perspective?

Androidpk
02-15-2012, 09:38 PM
No but moving seems really awkward.

Warriorbird
02-15-2012, 11:09 PM
For a largely pretty game, running is questionable. Squad member bump is lame too.

Poppatrunk
02-25-2012, 02:07 AM
I played the demo my thoughts;

The multiplayer is the shit, pretty cool. I think within a week of the demo being released I saw players in 60-70 range and above. Of course you start at level zero. this is a fucking demo!

Anyway, the graphics are improved, the combat is more fluid.

I'm upset they basically made Shep. a total pussy. He's been discharged from the military, his ship grounded. early in the demo Captain Anderson makes a comment "How's retirement, you look like you been eating too many doughnuts"

Kinda pisses me off, after all shep. has been through the 1st human spectre, killed a rogue spectre, defeated a reaper....and yet the council still ignores him.

In my mind if YOU knew an alien race was planning to destroy Earth and all life in the galaxy would you sit on your ass and eat doughnuts?

PS-I would love to see a hundred so Jon shephard is names pop in gsv kinda likes then final fasntasy came out and you saw about every variation of Sephiroth or whatever that guys name was. Good clean gs RP fun!

I think it would have been cooler had he gone underground and started his own resistance. If he turned into a big crackpot, not trusting anyone, government conspirator type character. But was just an hour long demo, hopefully as the game progresses he doesn't turn out to be such a pussy.

my two fucking krogen testacles.

also check out my fucked up youtube review about it! http://youtu.be/f6huR2i0b2o

Anothi
02-25-2012, 01:12 PM
You sir, are judging a GREAT series by a demo. STFU and enjoy the awesomeness that is Mass Effect 3.

Tenlaar
02-25-2012, 02:01 PM
Demo is awesome, I'm going to be playing a lot of the multiplayer. In fact, I'm going to go pop some heads with my adept sniper right now.

Poppatrunk
02-25-2012, 02:40 PM
You sir, are judging a GREAT series by a demo. STFU and enjoy the awesomeness that is Mass Effect 3.

This directed at me?!! You little fuck you! didn't you watch my mismatched youtube video, I said I'd play the shit out of it, the only reason I'm so critical of it is because it's probably the best game I've played since K.O.T.O.R. If I didn't give two shits I wouldn't be so critical, quit breaking my balls!

SO you're saying that you are happy with where shep is right now? ah fuck it I don't care, good luck with you light within your butthole game.

Fallen
02-25-2012, 03:22 PM
This directed at me?!! You little fuck you! didn't you watch my mismatched youtube video, I said I'd play the shit out of it, the only reason I'm so critical of it is because it's probably the best game I've played since K.O.T.O.R. If I didn't give two shits I wouldn't be so critical, quit breaking my balls!

SO you're saying that you are happy with where shep is right now? ah fuck it I don't care, good luck with you light within your butthole game.

lol.

Playing through ME2 one last time to get my playthrough ready. Just finished up Lair of the Shadow Broker. That has to be the best DLC i've ever purchased. Avoiding the demo and all things ME3 like the plague and I STILL got hit with a few spoilers. Very annoying.

9 DAYS TO GO. I'm fucking taking off March 6 so I can start playing right after I get home from the Midnight release.

Anothi
02-25-2012, 05:22 PM

Someone is a little butt hurt. I didn't watch your shitty youtube video, nor do I have any intentions to do so. And if you're going to negatively bash something but then turn around and 'play the shit out of it, your points are completely invalid.

I should probably add that my game is most likely getting picked up by Big Fish Games, pending I add a few scripts to make it more 'friendly'.

Some Rogue
02-25-2012, 05:41 PM
So you can't have any problems with a game you like?

I "play the shit out of" SWTOR, but it has problems too.

Gelston
02-25-2012, 06:20 PM
Yeah, that one too many doughnuts comment sounded more like friendly banter and teasing than anything else. I think you are looking into it too far. The character model isn't some pot-bellied dude running around so yeah...

Gelston
03-04-2012, 01:13 PM
Hey Fallen, is masseffectsaves.com the one you are using?

Fallen
03-04-2012, 08:53 PM
Yep. Shep #12 I think. Just finished up the paragon run, have a few DLCs left for Ruthless. Good times.

Androidpk
03-04-2012, 09:07 PM
Have they fixed the movement controls?

Fallen
03-04-2012, 10:26 PM
For ME3? No idea. Haven't played.

Gelston
03-05-2012, 12:15 AM
Have they fixed the movement controls?

What do you mean?

Stanley Burrell
03-05-2012, 08:08 AM
Oh man.

Alright, late for the betting pool, but here it goes (sorry)

New squadmates:

1) Blast-o the Hanar specter

2) Keeper 20

Androidpk
03-05-2012, 10:44 AM
What do you mean?

Moving your character around feels really awkward. And as I mentioned before, It looks like your dude has taken a huge dump in his pants the way he/she sprints.

Fallen
03-05-2012, 11:10 AM
Enkindle this!

Less than 24 hours to go. I have to study until 930PM for a test tomorrow. Blah.

Drew
03-05-2012, 11:46 AM
Hah! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gCGt2I9BaM&feature=related

Gelston
03-05-2012, 01:07 PM
Moving your character around feels really awkward. And as I mentioned before, It looks like your dude has taken a huge dump in his pants the way he/she sprints.

I never really saw anything wrong with movement. They did make changes to it though.

Fallen
03-05-2012, 01:12 PM
I imagine the female moves differently than the mole model. I would try switching it up. From the few videos I watched, gameplay and movement in general seems much faster.

Fallen
03-05-2012, 01:35 PM
http://www.cerberusdailynews.com/

Perhaps some of you guys already follow the IC news for Mass Effect. They were on extended break for quite a while, but "Official" news is now back to being released daily. The website also did Unofficial news for several years now, which is all player generated. People respond to both official and unofficial news in character. Pretty neat.

Gelston
03-05-2012, 01:37 PM
Thousands and Thousands of Shepards!

Fallen
03-05-2012, 01:52 PM
One last bump.

The Arrival is playing out in Real Time on an IC-Twitter feed from Bioware. This is pretty fucking awesome. Reapers just now hitting earth.

https://twitter.com/#!/AllianceNewsNet

Gelston
03-05-2012, 02:00 PM
Have you played Arrival yet? I forgot to DL it and just got it.

Fallen
03-05-2012, 02:03 PM
Have you played Arrival yet? I forgot to DL it and just got it.

Yes. Definitely worth a playthrough. Good luck getting the Survivor achievement on Insanity without dropping the difficulty. That shit was impossible.

By Arrival I meant they are having Emily Wong reporting of the first reapers landing on Earth. It is fucking awesome.

Gelston
03-05-2012, 02:04 PM
Ohhhhhhhh. Haha. Don't you have the option to punch her in Mass Effect 2?

Drew
03-05-2012, 02:06 PM
What is the arrival? Also I'm wondering if I should preorder this from Amazon now and wait for it to ship just so I can get the stupid gun or if I should just buy it at Target tomorrow.

Fallen
03-05-2012, 02:07 PM
Yep. On the Shadow Broker DLC you get to see a Krogan deck her in the face too. You could punch her in the face in ME1 as well. That is 3 possible shots to the face for that chick.

The latest from the feed:

AllianceNewsNetwork ‏ @AllianceNewsNet (https://twitter.com/#%21/AllianceNewsNet)
Meteorites or something dropping from sky onto airport tarmac. They're smoking. People coming out. #solcomms (https://twitter.com/#%21/search/%23solcomms)

AllianceNewsNetwork ‏ @AllianceNewsNet (https://twitter.com/#%21/AllianceNewsNet) Wait. Not people. Moving in closer. #solcomms (https://twitter.com/#%21/search/%23solcomms)

I don't think she is going to make it.

Gelston
03-05-2012, 02:08 PM
The Arrival is a DLC for ME2 that is directly tied to ME3.

Fallen
03-05-2012, 02:08 PM
What is the arrival? Also I'm wondering if I should preorder this from Amazon now and wait for it to ship just so I can get the stupid gun or if I should just buy it at Target tomorrow.

The Arrival was a DLC for ME2 dealing with the Reapers finally making it to the Galaxy and Shepard's efforts to delay them. It bridges the gap between ME2 and ME3.

Right now Bioware is doing a real-time twitter release of the Repears finally reaching earth.

Gelston
03-05-2012, 02:09 PM
Yep. On the Shadow Broker DLC you get to see a Krogan deck her in the face too. You could punch her in the face in ME1 as well. That is 3 possible shots to the face for that chick.

The latest from the feed:

AllianceNewsNetwork ‏ @AllianceNewsNet (https://twitter.com/#%21/AllianceNewsNet)
Meteorites or something dropping from sky onto airport tarmac. They're smoking. People coming out. #solcomms (https://twitter.com/#%21/search/%23solcomms)

AllianceNewsNetwork ‏ @AllianceNewsNet (https://twitter.com/#%21/AllianceNewsNet) Wait. Not people. Moving in closer. #solcomms (https://twitter.com/#%21/search/%23solcomms)

I don't think she is going to make it.

I hope she does. I want to punch her in the face again.

Androidpk
03-05-2012, 02:09 PM
Ohhhhhhhh. Haha. Don't you have the option to punch her in Mass Effect 2?

Yup.

Drew
03-05-2012, 02:11 PM
The Arrival was a DLC for ME2 dealing with the Reapers finally making it to the Galaxy and Shepard's efforts to delay them. It bridges the gap between ME2 and ME3.

Oh, should I play it? Usually DLC isn't nearly as polished as the main game in my experience. I don't want a bunch of extra fetch quests.

Fallen
03-05-2012, 02:18 PM
The best of the ME2 DLC was definitely Lair of the Shadow Broker. That was absolutely awesome. Overlord was decent, and may involve an important choice. The Arrival was said to be a cannon addition to the ME universe, so if you care about making the important choices yourself (more like experiencing them, as there is little choices made) I would get it. It is extremely combat heavy. Overlord and Shadow Broker are as well. Stay away from Project Firewalker. That was a waste of time.

Drew
03-05-2012, 02:26 PM
I don't have a ton of time, in your opinion would it be better to delay getting ME3 so I could play one of them or just go straight to ME3?

Fallen
03-05-2012, 02:34 PM
Are you a big fan of the series, or just a casual fan? If you really like the series I would say play through Overlord, Shadow Broker, and The Arrival, then go tackle ME3 with your imported character. If you're just looking to have a fun game to play I wouldn't sweat it. You're likely not missing out on much not playing them other than a few decisions made for you, or a few less options in the game in terms of dialogue trees.

Drew
03-05-2012, 03:04 PM
I think I might just look it up on youtube or read the plot synopsis somewhere. I do really like mass effect, it's my favorite video game series but I don't think I want to pay for it and spend the time playing it.

Fallen
03-05-2012, 03:11 PM
I think I might just look it up on youtube or read the plot synopsis somewhere. I do really like mass effect, it's my favorite video game series but I don't think I want to pay for it and spend the time playing it.

I hear you. It is tough to slog through an earlier game just to know what happened in the sequel that just came out. That being said, there has never been anything like Mass Effect where so many of your choices have a direct impact on your current game as well as the next ones. I tried going through Witcher before playing Witcher 2 and the graphics/controls were just too shitty.