PDA

View Full Version : Defending against CMans

Nieninque
06-18-2004, 08:58 AM
What helps?

stuff like garrotte, bearhug etc...

Drew
06-18-2004, 09:15 AM
My understanding is that the number one way too avoid them is levels, the more above your target the better. After that, dodge, combat manuvers, agility, all play a part.

fallenSaint
06-18-2004, 09:22 AM
And wearing a form of neck protection for garrote...

Parkbandit
06-18-2004, 09:28 AM
I agree with Drew... first and foremost is level difference between maneuver user and target.

Then I believe it has more to do with like maneuver training. Let me explain...

Falgrin goes to garotte you. You are 5 levels under Falgrin and you have not trained in garotte. Falgrin has a better chance at hitting you with it than say the same level that DOES know garotte.

Also.. I believe encumberance plays a role.. both for maneuver user and target.

Xcalibur
06-18-2004, 09:30 AM
I always took a basic mathematic formula to explain the rate of success of an action.

It was 80%, if the level are the same. (Calculated with weapon, cs, and stuff like that).

I can only imagine that it's around the same for CM manoeuvers HEAVILY modified by your encumberance as said before.

Edaarin
06-18-2004, 04:27 PM
In likely decreasing order of importance, it's something like level, number of ranks of said maneuver, amount of CM training, then the amount of training you have in skills the maneuver uses (ie for garrote, it works best if you 2x ambush).

Snapp
06-18-2004, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by fallenSaint
And wearing a form of neck protection for garrote...

Having armor works against Headbutt too for sure. I know this after being stunned when trying to headbutt something with plate.

Drew
06-18-2004, 08:13 PM
Snapp, Full plate I assume?

Snapp
06-18-2004, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by Drew
Snapp, Full plate I assume?

I really don't know. Whatever the Arachne Acolytes wear. I assume it covers the head.