PDA

View Full Version : Help with excel 07

Kuyuk
02-12-2012, 12:35 PM
Alright, creating a new inventory/ordering guide for my work, I know what I want to do, but am drawing a blank on how to link things together.

Here's the most basic look of it, column A is a dropdown list of what type of product it is, beverage, produce, etc etc. B is the item name, C is price, D is amount on hand, E is total cost of product on hand.

Beverage Starbucks Decaf . . . . . . $price$ . . . . . . [Amt] . . . . . . $price$x[amt]
Beverage SB Reg . . . . . . . . . . . . $price$ . . . . . . [amt] . . . . . . $price$x[amt]
Beverage Flavored Coffee . . . . . . $price$ . . . . . . [amt] . . . . . . $price$x[amt]
Beverage Hot Choc . . . . . . . . . . $price$ . . . . . . [amt] . . . . . . $price$x[amt]

Inventory Totals

Beverage: (Need to find this)
Produce:

I need the formula to say: If column A is Beverage, then add column E to sum total.

I know some people here are pretty fancy with excel.. Any tips?

Kuyuk
02-12-2012, 12:48 PM
=SUMIF(A:A,"Beverage",E:E)

I win at myself?

Liagala
02-12-2012, 01:07 PM
=SUMIF(A:A,"Beverage",E:E)

I win at myself?
Replace "Beverage" in your formula with a (non-absolute) reference to the cell that contains the word Beverage, then drag down. Then you only have to write the formula once.

warnerbob18
02-21-2012, 06:22 AM
yes off course you just need to put "Beverage" in your formula ,you just need to write the formula once.