PDA

View Full Version : Spikes

RAR
02-06-2012, 04:58 PM
There's a premium raffle tonight for spikes and I went out to Krakiipedia to read up on them. I was surprised to learn about the manuever penalty. I probably would never understand all the ramifications of the penalty (I'm guessing there's more to it like considering race, profession, type of cman and armor/shield type) so I was just wondering if there is a general consensus as to whether the benefits of spikes outweighs the negatives. Would it be worth putting on a set of padded plate armor or a high enchant shield? I'd hate to devalue a good suit of armor and/or shield. Thanks!

Gelston
02-06-2012, 06:16 PM
Spikes generally devalue armor. Take that as you will.

DaCapn
02-06-2012, 07:05 PM
As compared to flares, the benefits are:
(1) Armor with spikes can also be padded
(2) Armor with spikes can be enchanted
The penalties are:
(1) -10 to CM rolls
(2) Spikes are non-reactive and only flare actively with an offensive maneuver.

thefarmer
02-06-2012, 07:11 PM
The penalties are:
(1) -10 to CM rolls

-10 to Cman rolls that use that armor part the spikes are on.

Arm greave spikes won't affect leg sweep, for example.

whiteflash
02-07-2012, 03:51 PM
They also add an extra charge if you plan on having the item worked on through the premium point system.

chrenraf
06-26-2012, 10:09 AM
Necro Time:

Noticed someone put that spikes are for offense only, but that is not the case. I just had Reactive spikes added to my plate yesterday and they were able to be done so on top of the reactive Grapple flares that are on them. Felthrop said they will react/flare independently of each other. So no penalties in that aspect. The -10 to CMAN is for offensive moves only correct? It won't lower my CMAN defense I hope! Anyhow, reactive flares on top of grapple flares should be really fun. I can't wait to see it in action. A special thanks to Astinos! Astinos.. PM me when you get a chance lol

Kronius
06-26-2012, 10:11 AM
Necro Time:

Noticed someone put that spikes are for offense only, but that is not the case. I just had Reactive spikes added to my plate yesterday and they were able to be done so on top of the reactive Grapple flares that are on them. Felthrop said they will react/flare independently of each other. So no penalties in that aspect. The -10 to CMAN is for offensive moves only correct? It won't lower my CMAN defense I hope! Anyhow, reactive flares on top of grapple flares should be really fun. I can't wait to see it in action. A special thanks to Astinos! Astinos.. PM me when you get a chance lol

Paste up where they've reacted to an attack. If this is in fact true, it's brand new because I had spikes removed when Felthrop told me they are only for offensive maneuvers and will not re-actively spike an attacker.

Drakefang
06-26-2012, 10:13 AM
I'd have to see them, too.

chrenraf
06-26-2012, 10:43 AM
I'll watch out and let you guys know. I haven't went out to test them yet. I'll do so later tonight. Guess I'll be trying to get hit on purpose lol. Anyhow, can anyone clarify if you get a -10 to your defensive CMAN with spikes?

Gelston
06-26-2012, 10:45 AM
Never seen reactive spikes. If so, they are a different kind of spike then what was discussed here. It is possible to have spikes on armor that has flares.

Kitsun
06-26-2012, 10:46 AM
For the "normal" spikes everyone refers to as being offensive only; they have no effect on CMAN Defense. If yours really do flare reactively, then it might be an entirely new ballgame.

chrenraf
06-26-2012, 10:54 AM
Thanks Kitson