PDA

View Full Version : 325 info

Taernath
08-14-2003, 01:50 AM
325 Teaser · on 8/12/2003 11:12:59 PM 15060

OK folks, time to tease you guys with the concept we've come up with for 325 Common Pool Blessings. Plus enlist your help for something.

I'm not sure if I've accurately explained how this will work. As Sil got to see on accident (ya sneak :P), when you type bless, you will be prompted with this:

NORMAL SPELL BLESSING
Syntax: BLESS {spell#} IN {gem} USING {activator} FOR {#charges} CHARGES

{spell#} must be a known spell.
{gem} must have been prepared with Holy Receptacle Spell.
{activator} may be 'raise', 'tap', or 'rub'.
{#charges} may be as many charges as you could cast the spell
using the Mana Points you have available.

SPECIAL DEITY BLESSING
Syntax: BLESS DEITY

You have five minutes from the time Holy Receptacle Spell is initially cast on the gem to actually bless a spell in that gem. You must hold the gem that a spell is being blessed into in your hand.

The normal blessing section works similar to imbed. That of course is not what makes or breaks 325; that judgment lies within the deity blessing section. When you input BLESS DEITY you will be prompted with:

Syntax: BLESS DEITY COMMON|<deity#> <tier#>

This section controls the blessing of gems with deity specific or common pool powers. The tier level and number of charges imbued into the gem will be dependant on the skill of the caster and quality of the gem.

Currently, only the COMMON pool is available.

The Common Pool powers consist of 5 tiers. You may attempt to bless a gem with one of these powers with the following syntax: BLESS DEITY COMMON <1-5> (where 1-5 is the tier # you wish to attempt)

What all this means is simple: Every Cleric will have access to the Common Pool section of the deity bless. And when, in 2010 The Great Space Odyssey, I get blessings for every specific deity you'll have those to choose from as well.

So, without further ado, here's the design concepts our team(Including ideas from Khaladon) has come up with for Tiers 1 to 4:

Tier 1: Silver to Gold

Tier 2: Brimstone

Tier 3: Nexus

Tier 4: Chrism

Thank you, come again.

-uliq

Oh, you'd like to know what they do eh? Ok.

Silver to Gold: Sounds exactly like it's name. A Cleric will gain the ability to bless a gem with the ability to transmute a single pure silver object into a gold object. This of course has the obvious benefit of increasing the value of the previous silver object. The chance of a successful attempt to convert Silver to Gold is based upon several factors. The purity and value of the gem being used. The value of the silver object. The skill of the player. The gem will also have the ability to turn certain magic items to their gold counterpart; i.e. Silver Wands to Golden Wands. This gem can only be used by Clerics. A gem can have 1-3 charges.

Brimstone: This gem is imparted with a fiery bless that has the ability to strike creatures in a room in which the gem is tossed. The number of creatures hittable by the gem is dependant upon the value of the gem and skill of the creator. The damage output of the gem depends upon a maneuver failure check along with checks against the gem and skill of the tosser. This gem will be useable by Clerics and other professions. It is likely that the effects will be lesser for non-Clerics and/or activation of the gem might be tougher. Each Gem has one use.

Nexus: This gem is blessed with the ability to transport a user and his group to a specifically bound location. Once created by a Cleric, the user must bind themselves to a room by rubbing them gem in a room that permits the magic. The person may have more than one Nexus gem, but may only bind themselves to one room to which all the gems will return him/her to. The successful attempt at summoning a Nexus depends on the gem, skill of user and surrounding atmosphere at the time. Useable by Clerics and non-Clerics. This is a one-time use, one-way spell, and does not cross realms.

Chrism: This gem is imbued with the special ability. Through magical blessing, a gem is filled with a consecrated mixture of oil and balsam, which can bestow the ability to meditate. Also, when used upon a dead person as a pre-resurrection ritual the gem will return more health/spirit/mana along with reducing a fraction of the DR penalty. Only useable by Clerics.

So there you are. Anyone have any concerns/ideas/suggestion? The reason I posted this was to give you an idea in the direction we're going. We also need some thoughts on a 5th tier. Something that would be considered the 'top' spell among the others. The higher up the Tier, the harder it is to create the gem and we'd like to think the coolness factor :) So let me hear your thoughts about a 5th tier.

To address one concern I know some folks might bring up about Nexus versus WoR. Some may see this as another Pro-Cleric move. It's not; understand that all transport spells are under review and the current concept of WoR is likely to differ from how it works now. So we fully understand the concern and worry about the Nexus spell being 'better than' WoR.

Also, it is very likely the successul creation of a common pool gem will incur a wait time until you can attempt to create another common pool gem. The wait time increases as you go up the tiers.

-uliq, for real this time
------------------------------

The Brimstone bless sounds like a watered-down red crystal.

Bobmuhthol
08-14-2003, 01:53 AM
If that gets implemented and is bugless and everything else.. I'll have no choice but to roll a cleric. That's the shiznit.

Solkern
08-14-2003, 02:30 AM
Dude thats fucking awesome...

Betheny
08-14-2003, 06:44 AM
God damn it. I still want to know what the hell Spiritual Lore Religion does, since I'm going to be 1xing it.

God damn my RP requirements.

Taernath
08-14-2003, 11:53 AM
I've heard Religion lore will affect 302.

Parkbandit
08-14-2003, 12:08 PM
Damn... glad I have a cleric.

Wonder if I can use Brimstone on Bob.... :smug:

Betheny
08-14-2003, 03:13 PM
I imagine lorereligion will affect 330 too, and they're changing that (I think?)