PDA

View Full Version : Maximum powerhunting EXP gain process

Dystopia
02-04-2012, 12:59 PM
Anyone like crunching numbers?

Gaining instant hard exp to saturation during non-Lumnis / RPA periods is the most obvious answer, but when things get to 3x or much higher, I'm starting to question the best possible way to gain exp.

The last time I played GS prior to this, GS4 had just come out, and the maximum benefit was fried to last pulse of muddled. After that, there were diminishing returns.

Does this still hold true?

Re: Lumnis / RPA multipliers

Typically I get 27.5k on average every Lumnis with four of my characters.

I've been slowing down a bit lately and did a lot less bounties, letting myself get to clear during roleplay or helping new adventurers.

Character #1 received roughly 33.25k exp. Character #2 who reached saturation and gained hard exp like normal, sat around the 26-27k point.

So, folks, what is it?

Fry to muddled and below, turn in bounties, or take the hard exp?

Pulses from saturated are so very low that I'd rather hunt damn close to constantly if I'm going to snag 6k minimum more exp.

Throw in a 2x-3x on top of Lumnis and that number becomes a very important difference.

Thanks,

Dys

:love:

:blndwhip:

Dystopia
02-18-2012, 05:13 AM
I noticed the same for the week of 2/11 while gifted at the same moment.

Non-saturation character hit about 35k. Never went below muddled, never above fried.

Character #2 with saturation stuck at roughly 25k, never below muddled.

Averaged roughly 6k/hour for the 6 hours on char1.

4k and some change with saturation on char2.

Experience stats are +/- 2 points.

Any input?

Will do it again this week but twice in a row seems pretty solid.

Dys

Fallen
02-18-2012, 09:01 AM
Gnimble did a pretty solid look at what was best. Might want to do a search for some of his posts. He posts here as Danical.

Middian
02-18-2012, 09:11 AM
Here is an old one. http://forum.gsplayers.com/archive/index.php/t-39875.html

Dystopia
02-18-2012, 09:43 AM
Wonderful thank you :)

Most of the time I'm on here is when I'm on mobile so broad searches are a pain in the ass.

I'm starting to wonder if there are invis RPAs. I've maybe had a dozen and some change since the new year but none visible during Lumnis or testing for intents and purposes of this thread.

Character1 is consistently getting them for all of the work and interactions I put into this character.

I've asked gamehosts before but some GMs have alluded to "gifts you don't always see immediately". I've thought sometimes it's kind of like finding an enhancive that's 100% perfect to your class/build and "just happens" to match your char's outfit.

I very much appreciate the link.

Gotta be some kind of invis/short RPA during the period of char1 that I'm missing. Only explanation at this juncture.

Cheers,

Dystopia

Kronius
02-18-2012, 09:50 AM
Wonderful thank you :)

Most of the time I'm on here is when I'm on mobile so broad searches are a pain in the ass.

I'm starting to wonder if there are invis RPAs. I've maybe had a dozen and some change since the new year but none visible during Lumnis or testing for intents and purposes of this thread.

Character1 is consistently getting them for all of the work and interactions I put into this character.

I've asked gamehosts before but some GMs have alluded to "gifts you don't always see immediately". I've thought sometimes it's kind of like finding an enhancive that's 100% perfect to your class/build and "just happens" to match your char's outfit.

I very much appreciate the link.

Gotta be some kind of invis/short RPA during the period of char1 that I'm missing. Only explanation at this juncture.

Cheers,

Dystopia

Never seen an "invisible" RPA. Not as far as EXP wise, that stuff is easily tracked by staring at your uberbar. I know exactly where my exp pool is by the last pulse I get.

My strategy is to stay saturated/must rest as long as possible. Turning in bounties only when fried (or if it's gems, sometimes I'll not go out and fry if I'm numbed). Seems to work for me, a "bad" lumnis is 35k for me.

However, when you get into the 4x RPA modifiers, I've found the time spent doing bounties takes away from the incredible pulses you get. Sometimes, I'll wait until muddled when I have a great RPA going.

BriarFox
02-18-2012, 10:02 AM
The differences you're seeing are probably due to different logic bonuses between the characters. Experience absorbtion is pretty straight-forward.

Kitsun
02-18-2012, 10:03 AM
Maximized EXP relies on making sure you turn in a bounty every 15 minutes while fried. You'll fall under if you take too long off node to complete the bounty that the insta-exp doesn't make up for the loss of on-node exp gains.

It helps if you keep an absurd supply of all available nearby gems, skins, forageables that you can get tasked for onhand. Although if you're MAing and trying to keep them all fully loaded and running, the supplies burn out really quickly.

Dystopia
02-18-2012, 10:33 AM
Keeping mule characters for skins / gems / herbs was quite possibly the best thing I've ever done.

Frankly I'm surprised more people don't at least do gems.

Even with standard 20 item jars, you can keep 2-3 sets of every Landing gem in relatively standard containers. 3x beltworn, shoulder satchel, cloak, pack, etc. Pearls aren't worth jarring but throwing em all in pouches has served me incredibly well.

Good money in it, too, when you're at your 2-3 jar cap and sitting on a bag of a shitload extra.

Sylvan Dreams
02-18-2012, 03:02 PM
Not all RPA's are multipliers, and all RPA's, multipliers and flat, pull from the same pool of messaging. The messaging is randomized between a few different ones. The "invisible" RPA is likely just a flat xp dump and not a multiplier.