PDA

View Full Version : Brian Williams = joke

Parkbandit
01-31-2012, 11:46 AM
http://images.politico.com/global/2012/01/120126_obama_brewer_ap_605.jpg

BRIAN WILLIAMS - NBC NEWS: Also, finger pointing. That photo everybody was talking about today. Who have you ever seen talking to the president like this and what was this all about?

WILLIAMS: All of this takes us to the photo everybody's been talking about today. The governor of Arizona with her finger in the face of the President of the United States. You don't see that often or maybe ever

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2012/01/29/flashbook-2007-nbcs-brian-williams-wags-finger-president-bush#ixzz1l3TbMPFw

http://static01.mediaite.com/med/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Williams-Bush.jpg

ClydeR
01-31-2012, 01:08 PM
I heard sales of her new book about edible scorpions skyrocketed after the encounter with Obama.

Parkbandit
01-31-2012, 01:54 PM
I heard sales of her new book about edible scorpions skyrocketed after the encounter with Obama.

Fear Factor?

TheEschaton
01-31-2012, 02:19 PM
It doesn't take an expert in body language to discern the difference between the aggressiveness of her finger vs. the inquisitiveness of his finger point. But then again, you're an idiot. The key part of the quote is "talking to the President like this" you moron.

I never really understood the decorum of treating the President so deferentially though, so I don't think this is news at all.

Parkbandit
01-31-2012, 02:35 PM
It doesn't take an expert in body language to discern the difference between the aggressiveness of her finger vs. the inquisitiveness of his finger point. But then again, you're an idiot. The key part of the quote is "talking to the President like this" you moron.

I never really understood the decorum of treating the President so deferentially though, so I don't think this is news at all.

You didn't understand it.. so let me dumb it down for you, dipshit:

Brian Williams stated that you don't point your finger at the President.

Brian Williams in fact pointed his finger at the President.

Stop being a fucking retard.

Hulkein
01-31-2012, 02:53 PM
I don't think her finger point looks any more hostile than his. Grasping at straws there TheE.

Tgo01
01-31-2012, 04:26 PM
I need help here, which of the following two finger pointing is aggressive and which one is just playful?

Back
01-31-2012, 04:57 PM
I need help

Its ok little buddy. Someone is on the way. Stay cool.

Nieninque
01-31-2012, 05:24 PM
Slow news day, huh?

TheEschaton
01-31-2012, 06:22 PM
"You don't see that often or maybe ever"

It's right from the quote you quoted, PB, come on.

Parkbandit
01-31-2012, 08:39 PM
"You don't see that often or maybe ever"

It's right from the quote you quoted, PB, come on.

Which part are you STILL having trouble with? Come on.. it's not that difficult to understand.

Stop excusing stupidity. Hell, stop embracing it.

Parkbandit
01-31-2012, 08:42 PM
Slow news day, huh?

No, but NBC made this one of the top news stories of the day.

Whimsi
01-31-2012, 10:38 PM
I think they were both wrong to point like that but the photo of the governor looks far more aggressive than Williams. Maybe it's the fact she's pointing in his face instead of the chest.

Hulkein
02-01-2012, 07:42 AM
Pointing at his face, not in his face. Her finger looks to be high chest level and around his left arm. Neither finger is IN the face of the other person.

~Rocktar~
02-01-2012, 08:44 AM
You all should be on CNN, discussing where and when the point happened, what the angle and velocity of the point was and what was the deeper meaning. It's about as topical as most of the discussions they have. And seriously, the President should have to face congress like the Prime Minister of England does, in arms reach, debating back and forth, facing the music for their failed social policies, devastating economic failures and limp foreign policy.

Bush was a goober in a lot of ways but both he and Clinton had no issue getting into it with Congress.

Hulkein
02-01-2012, 11:16 AM
Haha, I was laughing at myself as I posted about the positioning of the fingers.