PDA

View Full Version : How does a helmet affect ASG

Zelas
01-30-2012, 12:52 PM
Hi all,

I'm wondering if wearing a helmet with augmented chain will change the ASG for spell hinderence purposes? Anyone know how that will change the armor group?

Thanks

shad0ws0ngs
01-30-2012, 01:01 PM
It does. Try being a bard and trained for augmented and then wearing a helmet.. it is not pretty, let me tell you.

Zelas
01-30-2012, 01:16 PM
So is there a verb in game to tell what your effective ASG is?

Thanks

Asha
01-30-2012, 01:25 PM
No. You just have to figure it out for yourself.
At least I never heard of one.

Riltus
01-30-2012, 04:09 PM
Certain systems only consider the ASG of the torso armor, regardless of accessories: weapon damage factors, CvA, AvD, Voln Fu MB etc. (MBP w/helm = MBP). Others, such as, RT Adder, spell hindrance, maneuvers, MIU activation etc. count the accessory as if it was part of the torso armor and, therefore, a potentially higher ASG with the concomitant training requirements. For these systems adding a helm to torso coverage only armor would raise the training requirements and penalties to the full coverage ASG for that armor group (MBP w/helm = full plate).

Somewhat in between is the armor coverage for determining critical injuries. MBP with a helm provides plate armor protection (armor crit divisor of 11) for torso and head but not the limbs. The limbs will have chain coverage (armor crit divisor of 9).

Mark

Fallen
01-30-2012, 06:35 PM
In general, don't wear a helmet as a caster unless you're in doubles, or brig (or chain, if you're an empath I guess), unless you want to be bumped up into the magical hindrance levels of doubles/brig without hardly any of the benefits.