PDA

View Full Version : New Empath- Rescuer?

swiftalopex
01-17-2012, 01:27 PM
Hi all,

I am itching to start an new empath (I haven't played one in a long long time) and I was just hoping that people would make some suggestions as to what stats and training routine I might want to consider for an eventual rescuer/field medic kind of empath?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

P.S.- I am sorry if this isn't the right area for this or if this is a topic that has already been covered many times before.

Chaotic Tempo
01-17-2012, 01:57 PM
It's been covered, but there's no harm in asking.

Check Krakiipedia:
http://www.krakiipedia.org/wiki/Empath

I'd suggest swinging and hunting to level 14. After that, you have access to all the spells necessary to heal down - unless you want to sit in a town square and chew on herbs. That's possible.

To rescue well you really only need 220, 225, 130/Voln.

Decent CON and STR stats are nice for a high HP pool and the ability to drag dead bodies when they can't be directly fogged out.

Maybe someone else can chime in. There are lore considerations and you need to decide if you want to be able to heal fast or fog well - could probably do both with a balance of TP investment.

audioserf
01-18-2012, 09:34 AM
I would say you will want to be brawl/shield for high DS and the ability to not worry about disarm while in the field. Probably armo to brig for durability. There's no reason to limit yourself to rescuing; you can be built to do that capably, heal well, and also hunt decently (1106/1119). Empaths are pretty excellent.

Fallen
01-18-2012, 09:41 AM
He could go reasonably up to chain, especially if he pairs with a Paladin, though the hindrance in high risk rescues might not be worth it.