PDA

View Full Version : Exceptionally sighted bows

GS4Merchant
01-13-2012, 08:42 PM
Tempted to buy one... very tempted.

However I'm curious for younger archers with heavy+ sighted bows.

How often do you think you miss?

I just have to rationalize that its worth it.

Gizmo
01-13-2012, 08:51 PM
Don't buy it, unless you are a haste using, bow wielding Wizard...or maybe some ranged mutant semi/pure.

Otherwise, you will grow out of that sighting if you are a ranged Ranger, or Rogue. Sighting is way overrated for a few of the professions, but rather nice for others, more so a haste Wizard who can't otherwise aim for crap

Gelston
01-13-2012, 09:04 PM
Good for lower levels, but like that dude up there said, if you are a rogue or a ranger eventually the sighting will go to waste. If it keeps it's value though, you can just resell it when you are done with it.

GS4Merchant
01-13-2012, 09:11 PM
Yeah, thats what I was thinking.

Because I was getting a lot of eye shots as a halfling ranger w/ no sighting. Wasn't 100% consistent.

Another bonus about the resale value.

roadway
01-17-2012, 02:36 AM
Hey all . I am here firstly join this forum. Really very fantanstic and full of information. I really very happy to joint his forum. I like it.

Cat
01-31-2012, 04:24 PM
What does a heavy or exceptionally sighted normally sell for?

I'm thinking of a young ranger who may benefit from it for several trainings.

Kitsun
01-31-2012, 04:30 PM
Sephwir is 5x and heavily sighted. Usually sells for like 28-35m

Cat
01-31-2012, 05:40 PM
Kitsun, thank you for the info. I have a young halfling ranger I am looking forward to playing. I can't see spending 35 million on something he won't use forever.

Does anyone know about when a ranger training in ranged weapons will outgrow the sighting? Is a bow with less sighting a better option?

Kitsun
01-31-2012, 05:46 PM
I wouldn't sweat the sighting. It is helpful but it isn't game breaking. The more perception/levels you have, the less sighting does for you. Low level archery is more about HP depletion than eye shots anyway.

To answer your last question; at no point will LESS sighting be better than MORE sighting in terms of hunting ability.

Asha
01-31-2012, 05:46 PM
Some of the chance to hit a specific region such as the eye, comes from how close you are to the creatures level. So there's always going to be a little bit of a boon to holding a sighted weapon.
After lvl 40-50 you don't miss much anymore with no special items.

Cat
01-31-2012, 06:24 PM
Thank you for the info.

Alafaya
02-03-2012, 08:32 AM
Hi Everyone,

I just read this thread and now I'm wondering if I should trade out my +22 heavily sighted long bow for a higher enchant bow with no sighting. Im 47 trains and train 2.5x in perception and 2x in ambush. But I mainly fight in the open. Based on what is said in this thread it sounds like the sighting is probably no longer doing anything for me. Is that accurate?

Asha
02-03-2012, 09:18 AM
Keep the bow. If you're using 4x (e-bladed or Faewood etc) master fletched arrows the only increase on AS would be +3 nomatter what enchant bow past +22 you're going to use.
The only reason you should go up in enchant would be for DS as that is uncapped on what bow enchant you hold.

Like I said before, the level difference between you and the critter is a big factor in aiming success. Even when capped you can still use the sighting.
That bow would even make a nice endgame bow if you couldn't afford a self ammo but even they're not that brilliant as they have no sighting and they will lower your AS from not using master fletched arrows.

Alafaya
02-03-2012, 01:07 PM
I agree the +3 to AS won't really do much for me and even the increase to DS wouldnt be worth the cost of getting a bow thats more than 5x enchanted. I'll keep what I have. Thanks for the feedback!