PDA

View Full Version : Glacier and Guild Script Request

Cheslica
06-14-2004, 04:35 PM
I have recently picked up on doing guild reps again, and I have found that I am in need of a new script to the Glacier from Wehnimer's Northgate for critter reps.

Trolls do not work anymore!

If anyone has this script... Please post it!

Furthermore, if anyone has a warrior guild script for stupid tasts (pruning, scrubbing... ect)... Please POST IT!

TheEschaton
06-14-2004, 04:42 PM
Are you serious? You can't fucking WALK to the glacier? Here, this is off the top of my head....

sw, s til no more, sw, s, se, s, se, s, s, s, sw, s, s, se til no more, e, e, ne, e, e, e, go trail, n, ne, e, se, e, ne, n, ne, n, n, n, go trunk, nw, ne, u, n, u, u and you're ON THE FUCKING GLACIER.

Wow, lady, talk about lazy.

-TheE-

SnatchWrangler
06-14-2004, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by TheEschaton
Are you serious? You can't fucking WALK to the glacier? Here, this is off the top of my head....

sw, s til no more, sw, s, se, s, se, s, s, s, sw, s, s, se til no more, e, e, ne, e, e, e, go trail, n, ne, e, se, e, ne, n, ne, n, n, n, go trunk, nw, ne, u, n, u, u and you're ON THE FUCKING GLACIER.

-TheE-

No wonder she has no use for Tsoran's maps.

Bobmuhthol
06-14-2004, 04:57 PM
I take a different route.

sw w s sw sw s s s s s sw go clearing se se se se se e e ne e e e go trail n ne e se e ne n ne n n n go trunk nw ne u n u u

I kick TheE's ass.

Cheslica
06-14-2004, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by TheEschaton

-TheE-

I could walk if I knew the way. I actually use scripts to get familar with the path. Then I start to walk. That's also why I only ask for a script going one way. Becasue I walk back.

Cheslica
06-14-2004, 05:15 PM
Goodness, ask for one quick script so you can do a few guild reps and get called lazy. Sorry if I am trying to be efficent.

Bobmuhthol
06-14-2004, 05:19 PM
Asking for a script to the glacier is more than just lazy.

Skirmisher
06-14-2004, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by Cheslica
Goodness, ask for one quick script so you can do a few guild reps and get called lazy. Sorry if I am trying to be efficent.

Its more that you opened yourself up for future criticism when you made such a definitive statement about not using maps.

While we must admit to the possibility existing that you NEVER used one of Tsorans maps...the likelihood isnt high.

It certainly grows smaller when you cannot find your way to a place as close to the landing as the glacier.

I USE maps...and I have not played until a few days ago in like more than a year...yet even I can get myself there still without a map.

So...again...while its 100% possible you are telling the truth here, you unfortunatley have to be prepared to take the barbs if you wish to make such across the board claims.

AnticorRifling
06-14-2004, 05:52 PM
I haven't been in the landing in about 3 months and I could still run to the glacier without thinking about it. And using a script to get familiar with an area?! BZZZ Wrong! You walk the area by hand a time or ten until you have it memorized and it's second nature. Watching a script fly by will not store it in the old brain housing.

AnticorRifling
06-14-2004, 05:54 PM
Footnote: Lazy is not writing your own simple movement scripts or basic guild scripts....

TheEschaton
06-14-2004, 05:58 PM
Bob, I fear the mighty kobolds and velnalins....that is why I don't go through the forest.

Your way sucks.

-TheE-

Skirmisher
06-14-2004, 06:05 PM
Yeah...i just got back and had lost all my scripts for traveling....guess who made a trip out to Varunar to make a script there and home?

Its really not hard, and like Anticor said...If you travel sans scripts you really do learn the way....even after all this time i was still able to get to Varunar with only like three wrong turns.

I made a script because its way faster....but the point remains...i dont NEED the script.

DeV
06-14-2004, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by Skirmisher
Yeah...i just got back and had lost all my scripts for traveling....guess who made a trip out to Varunar to make a script there and home?
Thanks for sharing those scripts with me. I'll be sure to send some extra sugar your way next time we cross paths. :devilsmile:

Cheslica
06-14-2004, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by Skirmisher

Its more that you opened yourself up for future criticism when you made such a definitive statement about not using maps.

While we must admit to the possibility existing that you NEVER used one of Tsorans maps...the likelihood isnt high.

It certainly grows smaller when you cannot find your way to a place as close to the landing as the glacier.

I USE maps...and I have not played until a few days ago in like more than a year...yet even I can get myself there still without a map.

So...again...while its 100% possible you are telling the truth here, you unfortunatley have to be prepared to take the barbs if you wish to make such across the board claims.

I do not understand what the big deal is? So what, I've never used Tsoran's maps. It's not like I'm proud of it. I really do not care. I can use them if I wanted to. I never claimed to not need them... And yes, I did forget where the glacier was... But now... After all this ordeal... even though it was a simple request which brought far too much noise...

I found my way to the glacier without help. Thank you anyways. And no, I have trouble making scripts since I always get something wrong. I have no-patience... I get frustrated. What's the big deal.

Seriously, are we all a big fiesty today or what? There is no need to turn this into a big deal. I was lazy, I didn't feel like running around to find the stupid glacier just so I can do some stupid disarm and tackle reps, thus I asked for a script.

I do not see the point of flaming or arguing here.

And Tsoran's maps are completely off topic here. I just don't use maps. Why is this so hard to believe. And my post about Tsoran's maps had little to do with the use of maps by players, but rather the worship of Tsoran by characters inside a game where:
A) Many do not know Tsoran
B) No one has actually seen a map MADE BY TSORAN in game.

He may have an alter of a map... But that doesn't mean 2000 people have looked at it and memorized it.

Sheesh.

Bobmuhthol
06-14-2004, 06:28 PM
AWW BOO HOO 2 U.

Cheslica
06-14-2004, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by AnticorRifling
I haven't been in the landing in about 3 months and I could still run to the glacier without thinking about it. And using a script to get familiar with an area?! BZZZ Wrong! You walk the area by hand a time or ten until you have it memorized and it's second nature. Watching a script fly by will not store it in the old brain housing.

It works for me. That's how I learned it before. I actually pay close attention to scripts. Different strokes for different folks. Running around in circles not being able to reach the glacier does not do much for me learning how to get there.

Cheslica
06-14-2004, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by Bobmuhthol
AWW BOO HOO 2 U.

Who's crying?

Suppa Hobbit Mage
06-14-2004, 08:36 PM
I still think your name should be Chest Licker!

Cheslica
06-14-2004, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by Suppa Hobbit Mage
I still think your name should be Chest Licker!

::Pout:: But I don't wanna lick chests!

I really should have thought of that before I named myself Cheslica. Though I pronounce it:

Ches-lee-cha and in some cases Ches-lee-ca

Suppa Hobbit Mage
06-14-2004, 08:41 PM
Yeah, Chest Licker!

Now I will shut my piehole http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/piehole.php

Edit to add; Your name is fine, I actually like it, just everytime I see it I think that. I wonder what Freud would say.

[Edited on 6-15-2004 by Suppa Hobbit Mage]

Latrinsorm
06-14-2004, 09:00 PM
I actually use scripts to get familar with the path.You must be a fast reader.

Anyhow, it's easy to make a script to do both the things you asked for (though with the new stamina stuff, a bit harder to make a completely automated guild script, obviously). If you think differently, then you have a very tenuous grasp on scripting, and should therefore not use scripts. :)

Artha
06-14-2004, 09:28 PM
I really should have thought of that before I named myself Cheslica.

As the player of Aone, I feel your pain.