PDA

View Full Version : Sandwiches Pwn

Bobmuhthol
08-14-2003, 01:49 AM
Is there anything better than a ham and cheese sandwich swimming in mustard between two slices of unfathomably soft Canadian White bread? Any and all suggestions welcome, acknowledgement not probable.

Ravenstorm
08-14-2003, 01:59 AM
Three things come to mind immediately.

1) Lox and cream cheese on a bagel.

2) Sliced tongue on real Jewish rye bread with real NY deli mustard.

3) Same as 2 but replace the tongue with corned beef from a real kosher deli.

Raven

Taernath
08-14-2003, 02:02 AM
Hmm... Dark rye bread, lots of roast beef, provalone cheese, lettuce, mustard, mayonnaise... damn it, I'm hungry now.

Scott
08-14-2003, 02:03 AM
A Philly Cheesesteak, especially one from Pat's. (The OFFICIAL Philly Cheesesteak maker.)

Artha
08-14-2003, 02:24 AM
Turkey, lettuce, mayonaise, salt and pepper, potato bread.

Bobmuhthol
08-14-2003, 02:25 AM
Salt and pepper has never appealed to me. It's just too salty. And peppy.

Edaarin
08-14-2003, 03:50 AM
Meatball sub with melted mozzarella. And mozzarella sticks.

...man, I'm going to miss having a snack bar 100 feet from my room.

What's potato bread?

[Edited on 8-14-2003 by Edaarin]

Red Devil
08-14-2003, 04:18 AM
It's bread made from potato's!?

08-14-2003, 04:53 AM
Normal

Totino's Pizza (Hamburger & Mushroom) and Arizona Raspberry Iced Tea.

Lazy

Original Chef Boyardee Spegetti (not Jumbo) and Snapple's Rain.

Japanese

Lobster (or Chicken) Yakisoba, Miso Soup, fresh steamed Edame, a full Fugu roll (Living Dangerously!), some fresh Litchi fruit and some Chilled Plum Wine.

Chinese

General Tso's chicken (or Orange Chicken if Panda Express is in your area), shrimp fried rice and either shrimp toast, crab rangoons, or fried wontons. Maybe a side of egg drop soup instead. And to drink: one of the many delicious Sobe Beverages.

Snack

Strawberry Pocky, Botan Rice Candy, Konpeito and Milkis.

What to Reccomend to Someone You Hate at a Japanese Resturant

All you can eat sushi. Order lots and lots of Kanimiso, Kaibashira and Shirako. To drink, extra sweet pearl sake with powdered Iwashi-boshi mixed inside.

The waiter may look at you oddly when you mention putting the Iwashi-boshi in the pearl sake, but stick to your guns.

Don't tell your "friend" what they're eating until they go back for seconds. I hear those selections can actually be quite tasty if you don't know what they are.

- --[ Klaive ]-- -

08-14-2003, 04:59 AM
Oh, as for sandwitches....

I go to Subway, order a cold cut trio with lettuce, tomatos, a few onions, oil, and so much red wine vinegar, the sandwitch drips when you pick it up. I want about half a pound of vinegar soaked into the white bread of my sandwitch. I mean it. Hell of a lot of vinegar. And salt and pepper. Cheese under the meat obviously.

PS - No, I'm not a vegan, I believe that meat is murder, but I also realized eventually that me by myself not eating meat was doing nothing but depriving me of good food. I still support animal rights and won't condone the slaughter of one... but when they're already dead, what good does it do to refuse to put their bodies to use? ::shrugs::

- --[ Klaive ]-- -

Bobmuhthol
08-14-2003, 05:07 AM
You guys like the most complex shit ever. A few slices of meat, maybe some cheese.. anything more and I refuse to eat it. For pizza, anything more than plain cheese is destroying the good name of pizza. Buffalo wings rox0r, and anyone who uses that stupid sauce because they can't handle the wing shouldn't be eating them at all. Steak = Gross. Lettuce is unnecessary, a nuisance, and deserves to be eaten only in a salad. Turkey is $\/\/337 with the right amount of mayonnaise, anything more is ruining the sandwich.

Betheny
08-14-2003, 05:33 AM
http://www.bitchmakemeasandwich.com

Straight-up creamy Jiffy peanut butter on Wonder bread plz.

Bestatte
08-14-2003, 07:23 AM
1) Turkey and dill havarti on whole wheat bread. Enough mayo to keep the turkey from pushing out the back of the sandwich when you take a bite, but no more than that.

2) Skippy and strawberry preserves on whole wheat.

3) Fluff on Wonder bread, toasted.

4) (Eat under adult supervision only) :
In a sub/hoagie/grinder roll, mortadella, genoa salami, slicing pepperoni, baked ham, hot cappicola, provolone cheese, anchovies, hot peppers, lettuce, pickles, chopped olives, onion, green pepper. Bake until the cheese melts.

Red Devil
08-14-2003, 07:38 AM
Originally posted by Bestatte
1) Turkey and dill havarti on whole wheat bread. Enough mayo to keep the turkey from pushing out the back of the sandwich when you take a bite, but no more than that.

2) Skippy and strawberry preserves on whole wheat.

3) Fluff on Wonder bread, toasted.

4) (Eat under adult supervision only) :
In a sub/hoagie/grinder roll, mortadella, genoa salami, slicing pepperoni, baked ham, hot cappicola, provolone cheese, anchovies, hot peppers, lettuce, pickles, chopped olives, onion, green pepper. Bake until the cheese melts.

Enough mayo to keep the turkey from pushing out the back? what the hell?, when it's DRY it won't push out the back as easy, when you get bread wet, it gets slimy, THUS THE TURKEY GOES OUT THE BACK

peam
08-14-2003, 10:09 AM
Any of you guys have Macados? Super bomb sammiches.

Trinitis
08-14-2003, 11:48 AM
Hmm..my fav sammich?

I'm pretty simple I guess. Roast Beef, on some nice soft bread, with mayo, cheese, a slice of tomato and some of that green stuff, and I'm good to go.

-Adredrin

Taernath
08-14-2003, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by Bestatte
1) Turkey and dill havarti on whole wheat bread.

HAVARTI! That's what I was thinking of. Replace provalone with havarti in my previous post.

Parkbandit
08-14-2003, 12:16 PM
REAL Turkey breast (not that loaf shit you get in the deli), sprouts (Esh, I know.. but they are good on sandwiches!), provalone cheese, miracle whip, honey dijon mustard on dense oatmeal bread.

Thanksgiving is great day #1.. but I always look forward to this sandwich day #2.

Parkbandit
08-14-2003, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by BobmuhtholBuffalo wings rox0r, and anyone who uses that stupid sauce because they can't handle the wing shouldn't be eating them at all.

God that irritates me as well. Nothing worse than ruining the taste of good wings with that white dripping blue cheese dressing.

Anyone have a REALLY good recipe for HOT wing sauce? I've yet to find a great one.

Carl Spackler
08-14-2003, 01:23 PM
MMMmmm pancheros burritos, best things ever

08-14-2003, 03:05 PM
Home run inn Frozen pizzas are the best. I could live off those things. Also, something me and my buddy came up with on a 3 am snack bender. Take hotdogs and split em open. Fill it with Taco cheese, wrap it in bacon and cover it with more cheese. Then put these in the broiler until the bacon is cooked. Yea i know it sounds bad but its good as hell. We call it the Whitecastle dog. (patent pending)

CrystalTears
08-14-2003, 03:13 PM
I eat hot wings with blue cheese dressing and it really has nothing to do with softening the effect of the hotness, I just like the mix of flavors. So bite me if you don't like it, and use whatever sauce you like, I taste good either way. :P

Scott
08-14-2003, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by CrystalTears
I eat hot wings with blue cheese dressing and it really has nothing to do with softening the effect of the hotness, I just like the mix of flavors. So bite me if you don't like it, and use whatever sauce you like, I taste good either way. :P

Warn her, she's off topic! That's not a sandwich!

Solkern
08-14-2003, 03:54 PM
I'll take a good old BLT any day of the week ;)

Back
08-14-2003, 03:58 PM
Just scarffed two Oscar Meyer bologna on Wonder bread with Kraft mayo and French's mustard sandwiches, with a side of Wavy Lays and washed down with an ice cold can of Coca Cola.

Figure I'm saving money on funeral costs. They will not have to embalm me when I die.

Scott
08-14-2003, 04:10 PM
People need to realize that pepsi is better then coke!

Halfsilver
08-14-2003, 04:11 PM
Hot wing sauce isn't a big deal.
It's just frank's hot sauce and butter.
not sure on the proportions.

i just dump a bottle of franks in a pot with a stick of real butter (not margarine!) and simmer it while i deepfry the wings.

turns out excellent everytime.
you HAVE to use frank's hotsauce or it won't taste right. that makes medium spicy sauce.

bluecheese is necessary with a good batch of wings...the combination of flavors is soo good. It's not to soften the hotness. Oh and if you wanna add extra hotness to the sauce, soak some habeneros in vinegar for 3 days, and add the resulting sauce to the butter and hotsauce mixture. It's awesome, but *very* hot.

-grays

habaneros are short little orange peppers...they have a distinctive taste but are extremely hot...don't eat them alone...lol

[Edited on 8-14-2003 by Halfsilver]

Scott
08-14-2003, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by Halfsilver
habaneros are short little orange peppers...they have a distinctive taste but are extremely hot...don't eat them alone...lol

[Edited on 8-14-2003 by Halfsilver]

This gave me a laugh. When I was little I use to eat them to show off in front of people. The first time I tried to eat one whole, I felt like someone lit a fire in the back of my throat. After many years of eating them, I can eat them like candy now. Their nothing!

Halfsilver
08-14-2003, 04:24 PM
Sintik, if you eat habaneros whole...even one...i bow to you and your iron stomach.

all hail Sintik, the pepper master.

-grays :no: (not me!)

i always get compliments on my wings, so try'em!
they hell good!

Scott
08-14-2003, 04:26 PM
I built up a tolerance to them so I can show off in front of people. That was the only reason since they taste like shit when you eat them plain. Try "Da Bomb" hotsauce, you have to specially order it, but it is like 5000 times worse then any pepper. You put a drop of it in a gallon of chilly or something, and your sweating like crazy..... It taste good if you spread it out (which you have too).

Betheny
08-14-2003, 05:42 PM
Pepsi is definetely godly. Coke's too fizzy, and irritates my stomach.

Bobmuhthol
08-14-2003, 05:44 PM
Whatever happened to Pepsi Blue? Nobody talks about it, nobody drinks it.. it's the Forgotten Soda.

Artha
08-14-2003, 05:46 PM
Not as forgotten as Jasta...or Pepsi Crystal.

PS: Flood control is teh suxx0r.

Scott
08-14-2003, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by Bobmuhthol
Whatever happened to Pepsi Blue? Nobody talks about it, nobody drinks it.. it's the Forgotten Soda.

The forgotten soda would be Crystal Clear Pepsi. Or was it Pepsi clear? Whatever...

Betheny
08-14-2003, 05:50 PM
Pepsi clear.

I liked o.k. soda too.

08-14-2003, 06:35 PM
Any type of Russian food owns you all.

- Arkans

Trinitis
08-14-2003, 06:38 PM
Pepsi..just plan old pepsi...Mmmmm..pepesi..

-Adredrin

peam
08-14-2003, 11:04 PM
In Russia the food eats you.

longshot
08-14-2003, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by Demon Lord Kage
Normal

Totino's Pizza (Hamburger & Mushroom) and Arizona Raspberry Iced Tea.

Lazy

Original Chef Boyardee Spegetti (not Jumbo) and Snapple's Rain.

Japanese

Lobster (or Chicken) Yakisoba, Miso Soup, fresh steamed Edame, a full Fugu roll (Living Dangerously!), some fresh Litchi fruit and some Chilled Plum Wine.

Chinese

General Tso's chicken (or Orange Chicken if Panda Express is in your area), shrimp fried rice and either shrimp toast, crab rangoons, or fried wontons. Maybe a side of egg drop soup instead. And to drink: one of the many delicious Sobe Beverages.

Snack

Strawberry Pocky, Botan Rice Candy, Konpeito and Milkis.

What to Reccomend to Someone You Hate at a Japanese Resturant

All you can eat sushi. Order lots and lots of Kanimiso, Kaibashira and Shirako. To drink, extra sweet pearl sake with powdered Iwashi-boshi mixed inside.

The waiter may look at you oddly when you mention putting the Iwashi-boshi in the pearl sake, but stick to your guns.

Don't tell your "friend" what they're eating until they go back for seconds. I hear those selections can actually be quite tasty if you don't know what they are.

- --[ Klaive ]-- -

Yakisoba is done with pork. Why the hell would you drown lobster in yakisoba sauce? You should be shot on site for ordering lobster yakisoba.

Kanimiso is not disgusting.

Fugu does not taste that good anyway...

If you really want to screw with someone, give them bazashi.

Raw horse does a body good...

Vesi
08-15-2003, 12:59 AM
Dark rye bread with mayo, sliced avocados, touch of lemon juice, provolone or swiss cheese, tomatoes, lettuce, any vegetable around that's crunchy and easily chopped (and will fit in the bread; sometimes I use pita). Salt and pepper. Sometimes vegetarian bacon. On the side either some salsa and tortillia chips or any chips (I'm not picky) except ones that are sweet. Drink depends on time of day. No caffiene at night and no wine in the morning.

Peanut butter and bananas or plain peanut butter on wheat when I'm in a certain mood. Mayo and tomato sandwiches on white bread are good if you have summer tomatoes. That one might be a 'Southern' thing.

Yes, I know this was originally sandwiches but knowing the sides are fun too. Now I'm hungry!

Vesi

[edited: forgot the cheese!]

[Edited on 8-15-2003 by Vesi]

peam
08-15-2003, 01:44 AM
Peanutbutter, jelly, and cheesy poofs are a good combo.

I had a pretty good roast beef, provolone and lettuce on white from Wal*mart's deli today too.

Red Devil
08-15-2003, 02:08 AM
Walmart has a deli?

Scott
08-15-2003, 02:10 AM
Walmart has everything....

Edaarin
08-15-2003, 03:11 AM
At the end of finals week last semester, a bunch of my hallmates and I were playing poker, BS'ing the night away. Anyway one of them mentions how they used to always hang out at Wal-Mart in Chattanouga, like it was THE place. I thought he was just drunk off his ass, but his room mate said they really did use Wal-Mart as a hangout (week nights, on weekends, etc).

Does anyone else do this? Or am I the only sane person left in the world

Scott
08-15-2003, 03:23 AM
Originally posted by Edaarin
At the end of finals week last semester, a bunch of my hallmates and I were playing poker, BS'ing the night away. Anyway one of them mentions how they used to always hang out at Wal-Mart in Chattanouga, like it was THE place. I thought he was just drunk off his ass, but his room mate said they really did use Wal-Mart as a hangout (week nights, on weekends, etc).

Does anyone else do this? Or am I the only sane person left in the world

I don't think I've ever hung out at a walmart. However they have cheap food when you in college......

Neildo
08-15-2003, 03:29 AM
I built up a tolerance to them so I can show off in front of people. That was the only reason since they taste like shit when you eat them plain. Try "Da Bomb" hotsauce, you have to specially order it, but it is like 5000 times worse then any pepper. You put a drop of it in a gallon of chilly or something, and your sweating like crazy..... It taste good if you spread it out (which you have too).

Yeah, I love peppers too. I down em like crazy. My dad's friend used to grow all sorts of hot peppers and make his own sauces and it was like I was in heaven each time I went over there.

But yeah, I've heard of Da Bomb, heh. Check out this link of the hottest hot sauces in the world.. various Da Bombs are there. And it's funny for those that think Tobasco or other common sauces are hot, look at it compares to these (Tobasco is at the very bottom):

http://www.sweatnspice.com/Top%20Sauces.htm

- N

peam
08-15-2003, 03:35 AM
People hang out in the parking lot of the one here. I guess enough of them trickle into the store to constitute it being a hangout.

Thank God I'm leaving for college.

Ilvane
08-15-2003, 06:22 AM
Hmm, nothing like a sandwich from Au Bon Pain, a fresh mozzarella with arugula and basil, on garlic foccacia..Mm!

Yeah, I'm wierd, so?

-A

Skirmisher
08-15-2003, 08:35 AM
1- Skippy Peanut Butter and apricot preserves on hearty seven grain bread.

2-Roast beef, cheese, mayo, coleslaw salt pepper and tomato on a club roll.

3- A good rueben. No i dont make em myself, but a decent ny deli can knock your socks off with one of these.

4- Fried egg, bacon and cheese on a roll/bagel

5- Oscar Mayer bologna, american cheese and helmans mayo on nice white or multigrain bread.

And throw out that damned kraft mayo.

CrystalTears
08-15-2003, 08:54 AM
Oooohh.. I love Reuben sandwiches.

I also love the seafood and crab sandwiches at Subway on honey oat bread with lettuce, tomato and onion. MmmmMmm!

Hips
08-15-2003, 01:06 PM
I don't like sandwiches.

Hips
08-15-2003, 01:13 PM
Sintik: You're a freak
Michiko: why?
Sintik: who doesn't like sandwhiches
Michiko: rofl

It's not my fault I've never had a sandwich that I like. :(

[Edited on 8-15-2003 by GS3 Michiko]

AnticorRifling
08-15-2003, 01:18 PM
Olive loaf and pamento cheese spread on potato bread, that is a godly sandwich.

Betheny
08-15-2003, 04:46 PM
Every goddamn time I see Ooeytooie now, all I can think about is Peam's cake.

I HATE YOU.

08-15-2003, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by longshot
Yakisoba is done with pork. Why the hell would you drown lobster in yakisoba sauce? You should be shot on site for ordering lobster yakisoba.

Kanimiso is not disgusting.

Fugu does not taste that good anyway...

If you really want to screw with someone, give them bazashi.

Raw horse does a body good...

You can get chicken, shrimp, lobster, beef, pork and duck yakisoba here.

I don't eat pork unless it is highly processed. As in sausage or hot dog.

- --[ Klaive ]-- -

CrystalTears
08-16-2003, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by Demon Lord Kage
I don't eat pork unless it is highly processed. As in sausage or hot dog.

Why bother? You're not really eating pork then.

Gelston
02-18-2014, 01:54 PM
I like sandwiches.

waywardgs
02-18-2014, 02:01 PM
Three things come to mind immediately.

1) Lox and cream cheese on a bagel. Raven

Yes.

2) Sliced tongue on real Jewish rye bread with real NY deli mustard. Raven

No.

3) Same as 2 but replace the tongue with corned beef from a real kosher deli.

Raven

Yes.

waywardgs
02-18-2014, 02:02 PM
Haha. I just realized this was a necrobump of an 11 year old thread.

Gelston
02-18-2014, 02:05 PM
Teehee.

Taernath
02-18-2014, 02:18 PM
Some of you have kids younger than this thread.... probably.

Gelston
02-18-2014, 02:19 PM
I was a Lance Corporal in the Marines when this thread was created, 3 days before my 19th Birthday.

RichardCranium
02-18-2014, 03:07 PM

All of mine are younger than this thread.

AnticorRifling
02-18-2014, 03:25 PM

My boys are younger than this thread.

AnticorRifling
02-18-2014, 03:26 PM
Also I had just gotten married and I was less than a month away from getting out of the Marines when this thread was created.

Ker_Thwap
02-18-2014, 03:30 PM
Mustardy Ham and cheese is only good about once a year, for nostalgia's sake. It's even better grilled with cream of tomato soup.

Hot capicola, genoa salami, mortadella, provolone, lettuce, tomatoes, lots of dill pickles, and with Greek salad dressing instead of oil, all on fresh crusty french bread. Italian/Greek/French?

Taernath
02-18-2014, 03:32 PM
It's even better grilled with cream of tomato soup.

When I get the death sentence that will be my last meal.

Ker_Thwap
02-18-2014, 03:40 PM
I should have noticed the date on this thread from the "Pwn."

Keller
02-18-2014, 03:44 PM
Have we had a last meal thread?

Keller
02-18-2014, 03:45 PM

I'm not even certain that the OP was a teenager when he made this thread.