PDA

View Full Version : Armor Buffs -- Educate me please?

GS4Merchant
12-05-2011, 01:15 PM
I have a crit padded armor that covers the torso, and arms (cuirbouilli leather).

If I was to add all the components to make it brig ASG, would that crit padding protect the legs, and head too with the Brig ASG?

So essentially:

Is Padded Brig == Padded Cuirbouilli Leather + Helm + Leg Greaves?

If it is not, then would only blows to my arms and chest reduce the critical wounds inflicted?

##update
Just wanted to add more questions here while I'm at it

With spiked armor, does it only flare with offensive manuvers? Or does it also flare defensively against manuvers/attacks?

Hope I've made my question clear, would appreciate any help.

Asha
12-05-2011, 02:09 PM
The crit padding already covers you head to toe so long as you're not wearing anything below robes. It's just the ASG is lower for your body that's not covered by Cuib.

Asha
12-05-2011, 02:09 PM
Cuirb.. whatever the fuck that shit's called.

Asha
12-05-2011, 02:10 PM
Oh and your spiked is offensive only.

rolfard
12-06-2011, 09:31 AM
I've got spiked full plate and want to know;

a) spiked armor gives negative mods (-15) on ALL offensive and defensive CM's?

b) removing the pikes on my full coverage and wearing ONLY spiked leg guards (for sweep) would only give negative mod (-15) on leg CM's?

Latrinsorm
12-06-2011, 02:43 PM
AsG only determines AvD and DF. Your whole body gets the same AvD and DF.

Not having "full" coverage means your "uncovered" body parts get the next lower Armor Group when determining crit divisor.

Crit padding works everywhere if you have it on the torso-worn armor.

rolfard
12-07-2011, 12:05 PM
any response to my question about spiked accessories vs spiked torso affecting *LOCATION* specific offensive/defensive CM rolls?

I suppose I will be able to test wearing torso spiked armor vs CM and then trying non spiked torso with spiked leg greaves to check...

GS4Merchant
12-07-2011, 02:25 PM
Rolfard - I'd be interested in learning about your findings, perhaps we could update Krakiipedia about it if it doesn't say anything. Additionally I'd be willing to help.

thefarmer
12-07-2011, 03:03 PM
any response to my question about spiked accessories vs spiked torso affecting *LOCATION* specific offensive/defensive CM rolls?

I suppose I will be able to test wearing torso spiked armor vs CM and then trying non spiked torso with spiked leg greaves to check...

Spikes give a negative modifier if that body part (or shield) is factored in the equation per.. Naos I want to say when I brought up the spike negative on the officials awhile back.

It would stand to reason that torso armor that is spiked gives that negative modifier to all Cmans since the spikes are always present.

rolfard
01-05-2012, 12:19 PM
Through some rough tests it "appears" better for rogues who only use active spikes for leg maneuvers to stick with spiked leg guards and NOT spiked torso.

Stabbyrogue
01-05-2012, 12:50 PM
Spikes only affect offensive maneuvers. They provide no penalty to defending against.

rolfard
01-05-2012, 08:16 PM
so one thing i noticed...spike torso reduced my ability to nose tweak whereas only wearing spiked leg guards didn't have the same negative mod

Jeril
01-06-2012, 01:42 PM
The leg guards are obviously leg only, when its the torso or actual armor its considered to cover your whole body.

neimanz1
01-06-2012, 03:02 PM
Just say no to spikes!