PDA

View Full Version : I just did something bad.

Edaarin
06-10-2004, 12:47 AM
Okay. Before I tell this story, let me just say that I hate cats, and if I wasn't a Buddhist I'd probably kick every cat I saw.

Anyway. About half an hour ago I was moving my mom's car so I could get mine out of the garage tomorrow morning. I felt a thump, I got out, and the thump turned out to be my neighbor's cat's head. So...I'm debating just throwing it in the trash can and pretending it never happened, leaving the body on their front door steps, or telling them I killed their son's cat. It's still in my driveway right now too, and I have to clean it before anyone else wakes up...ugh...

I wish they did garbage collection on Thursdays.

TheEschaton
06-10-2004, 12:48 AM
Good riddance. Cats are the spawn of Satan.

-TheE-

Delirium
06-10-2004, 12:50 AM
At the very least make sure they will find the corpse, dont just throw it out without telling anyone. Id be out driving every night looking for my cat if she got out and didnt come home right away. Not knowing is worse than death.

Edaarin
Also no fewer than 20 of my friends and 3 GS people have advised me against eating said cat, the next GS person to do so will be garroted in game with my loin cloth.

Snapp
That's so Asian to run over a kitty.... but seriously, you should tell them.. it's pretty messed up to kill someone's pet and just toss it in the garbage.

TheEschaton
06-10-2004, 12:51 AM
Don't eat the cat, you crazy Asian.

-TheE-

Shari
06-10-2004, 12:52 AM
Damn...tough call. If it isn't mutilated TOO bad...try and put it in a box of some sort if you can and then bring it over to the neighbors promptly the next morning and explain what happened. If its pretty much squished into the concrete...I'd say chuck it and still explain to them what happened and it wouldn't have been right to try and salvage it in a box for them.

At least if it isn't messed up too bad they can perhaps bury it or something...if people do that with cats. (Used to bury her small rodent pets)

People...this is why an indoor cat is a longer-lived cat.

Good luck, Edaarin.

Delirium
06-10-2004, 12:53 AM
Originally posted by TheEschaton
Good riddance. Cats are the spawn of Satan.

-TheE-

You bleeding heart types bring a tear to my eye sometimes with how much empathy you possess.

HarmNone
06-10-2004, 12:56 AM
Personally, I'd explain to my neighbors what happened. It wasn't like you got in the car with the intent to run over their cat! It was an accident, and part of the blame lies with them for letting the animal wander, unwatched, outside.

If you don't tell them (duck the responsibility), you won't feel very good about yourself. Otherwise, you wouldn't be here asking about it. ;)

HarmNone

Anebriated
06-10-2004, 01:01 AM
put it in the street in front of their house, theyll think a passing car hit it.

TheEschaton
06-10-2004, 01:19 AM
Cats aren't people. Cats are inherently evil.

-TheE-

Carl Spackler
06-10-2004, 02:01 AM
Edaarin... never ever admit to something like this. Throw that fucker on their porch and walk away. The trash is another option, but don't put it in yours, wakl down the street and put it in a neighbors. I'm serious bro, it will save you a world of explaining and dealing with a psycho crying neighbor bitch... just do the right thing, and get it out of your hair.

Pallon
06-10-2004, 02:29 AM
Hide the cat behind the tires of the neighbor's car

Ravenstorm
06-10-2004, 02:47 AM
Whether you tell them or not, do not just throw it away. Make certain they see it. If someone ran over my cat and told me, I'd be upset. If I ever found out someone ran over my cat, refused to tell me and hid the body, leaving me to wonder and search and agonize, I'd beat the shit out of him until he was half dead himself.

Raven

AkMan
06-10-2004, 03:07 AM
You gotta tell them man imo. Couple years ago a guy knocked on my door, asked if I had a black cat..I said yes. He said well, I'm sorry to say but it's dead in the road..I just found him. Of course I was upset, but I was happy that he told me because I was home alone and was able to deal with it before the family came home.

This got me thinking though....I'm now suspicious that this guy ran over my cat, but at the time it didn't even occur to me.

So, to make a long story short....you could always knock on their door and say you found their cat dead. That way, they know the cat is dead and you don't have to worry about psycho-neighbor peppering your house with an AK47.

Edited for typos

[Edited on 6-10-2004 by AkMan]

Caiylania
06-10-2004, 03:19 AM
Def let them know. My cat dissapeared 3 years ago, and I still wonder if she died, was stolen, what happened. Give them peace of mind. Blame a passing car if you must, but not another neighbor.

Anebriated
06-10-2004, 03:38 AM
leave pieces of the cat all over their yard. its like a scavenger hunt. one day you find the leg, the next you find the head, maybe a tail. i need sleep...

Souzy
06-10-2004, 04:48 AM
Put the cat under your neighbors car, then they'll think they ran over the cat.

Pallon
06-10-2004, 05:20 AM
Forge a note and make it look like the cat committed suicide

Bobmuhthol
06-10-2004, 05:21 AM
Make sure to include this http://www.rageboy.com/images/dead-cat.jpg

theotherjohn
06-10-2004, 05:57 AM
go to the neighbor and say I ran over your cat.

I am sorry for your loss. Delicately offer to get a replacement.

If the neighbor has kids. You help them do the funeral for their loved one.

Galleazzo
06-10-2004, 06:32 AM
Fuck, I'm with Raven. I've had my cat 19 years. Anyone frigging runs her over and then tosses her body in the garbage, if I ever find out, they're gonna find his severed head with his cock jammed in it and his eyes burned out with cigarettes.

And don't any of you for a moment think this is just one of the things I usually say. I fucking well mean it.

Drew
06-10-2004, 06:43 AM
Don't throw it in the road, what if the kid sees it first?

Put it in a box, if you don't want to say you ran it over, say you saw it on the road but you didn't want their kid to see it, then you are a good guy instead of the crazy kid who ran over their cat.

HarmNone
06-10-2004, 06:50 AM
Heh. I guess I'm not quite as empathetic as some. I would have no problem owning up to running over the cat, and I would feel terrible for having done so. Yet, it's not like Edaarin plotted to run over the freaking cat. It was, as I said, an accident. It did not NEED to happen, but it did.

If confronted with great wailing and gnashing of teeth, I might say something like: "I am very sorry for your loss. However, you might want to consider keeping your beloved family pet indoors and out from under the wheels of cars." Then, I would smile sweetly and take my leave. :rolleyes:

HarmNone, loves cats but recognizes stupidity when she sees it

Suppa Hobbit Mage
06-10-2004, 07:23 AM
It sucks, but I'd tell them - sometimes ya gotta own up to messed up things, this is one of those times. Let them deal with the disappointment in knowing they are shitty owners and let their cat run all over the neighborhood.

Skirmisher
06-10-2004, 08:12 AM
Yeah, keep the cat in a box or something...and let them know what happened. Leave it up to them if they want to see it as it may be a bit nasty. Be the stand up guy.

Clearly it wasnt your fault. Stupid cat should have moved. if they were so concerned about its welfare why did they leave it outside? Don't let anyone guilt trip you, thats for sure.

AnticorRifling
06-10-2004, 08:19 AM
Walk over with a napkin in one hand, some chopsticks in the other and then tell them how you took their cat out for a wok.

Skirmisher
06-10-2004, 08:20 AM
Awwwww.....now thats just wrong man.

Carl Spackler
06-10-2004, 09:54 AM
ohnoudidn

Weedmage Princess
06-10-2004, 10:04 AM
You gotta tell them, Edaarin. It's the right thing to do.

I don't know about showing them the dead cat..I'd keep it and tel them you have it if they want it...but...to just be like "Hi! I am Vihn and I ran over your cat!! Here!!!" :eek:

Anyway good luck and let us know how it turns out.

Soulpieced
06-10-2004, 10:17 AM
I'm for putting it in the road near their driveway.

Chadj
06-10-2004, 10:18 AM
Don't eat it.:smug:

Parkbandit
06-10-2004, 10:21 AM
You need to put towel inside a box, put the body on the towel and go tell the neighbors exactly what happened. That's the right thing to do.

Nut up and get it over with. The longer you wait and stew.. the harder it will be.

Now I won't say I didn't laugh at all the other responses though... and yes, my first post was 'Don't fucking eat it Edaarin!".. but then that card was already played..

AnticorRifling
06-10-2004, 10:22 AM
My solution > all others.

DeV
06-10-2004, 10:43 AM
Tough one. You should definitely tell them, or at least tell them you found the cat dead in the street or something. Im not gonna say don't eat the cat, but I will say if your gonna dump it to do so away from any Chinese restaurants.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
06-10-2004, 10:47 AM
In college I dissected three cats.

AnticorRifling
06-10-2004, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by Suppa Hobbit Mage

I once killed a six pack of beer just to watch it die.

Miss X
06-10-2004, 10:54 AM

:wow: You're evil!!!

Latrinsorm
06-10-2004, 11:05 AM
Please tell me someone besides me saw Reno 911! last night. Specifically the dog scene.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
06-10-2004, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by Miss X

:wow: You're evil!!!

They were already dead!

LordSagan
06-10-2004, 11:19 AM
You have to tell them. Even if you don't tell them you were responsible, you have to tell them that their cat isn't coming home. You shouldn't throw it inthe garbage, either...that's wrong.

It was an accident, they'll know it was an accident.

I watched the car in front of me hit a dog and kill it one time years ago. I picked the dog up, put it in my trunk and drove to the next payphone I found. I called information, got the telephone number of the people who owned it from the dog's tag and had them come pick it up. They were incrediblly grateful that I took the time to do that for them, even though I think they suspected I hit the dog myself.

Do the right thing and let the family know about the loss of their pet.

Edaarin
06-10-2004, 06:23 PM
I did wind up leaving them a note. I had to leave for work at 7:30 this morning or I would have told them straight up, but I did offer to buy him a new cat. I think he's at karate class or something, so I'll probably swing by their house after dinner.

No, I didn't eat the fucking cat, stop IM'ing me. What's left of it is in a packaging box.

Skirmisher
06-10-2004, 06:26 PM
Not too late to make sausages.

What?

Who said that?:embarrassed:

HarmNone
06-10-2004, 06:31 PM
Good on ya, Edaarin! You did not choose the easy way, but you did choose the right one. :up:

HarmNone

06-11-2004, 04:10 AM
I can't believe you asked like 30 people what to do. pussy.

AnticorRifling
06-11-2004, 11:17 AM
I still think you should offer to take it for a wok.

CrystalTears
06-11-2004, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by AnticorRifling
I still think you should offer to take it for a wok.

<groans> That was just awful.

DeV
06-11-2004, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by Skirmisher
Not too late to make sausages.

What?

Who said that?:embarrassed: Cat sausages do NOT sound the least bit yummy. :barf:

Stretch
03-21-2008, 09:24 PM
Deja vu.

I was backing my car out of the driveway so that my roommate wouldn't have to deal with finding a spot on the street late tonight.

Guess what happened.

Stanley Burrell
03-21-2008, 09:34 PM
Deja vu.

I was backing my car out of the driveway so that my roommate wouldn't have to deal with finding a spot on the street late tonight.

Guess what happened.

Don't worry, you aren't alone: Keanu Reeves also experiences Deja Vu involving furry kittens. And on the plus side, you aren't famous enough to get sued for it. So, enjoy running over animals while you can. I mean, they (the infamous "they") tell you that you're actually supposed to plow through a deer on the highway if you can't avoid the venison bastard. The same rules and principles also apply for backing up out of driveways.

Man. Someone's going to kill you in your sleep. You better stop killing people's pets though, seriously.

Peace brother.

Back
03-21-2008, 09:41 PM
http://www.acc.umu.se/~zqad/cats/1201444013-1199524426261.b.jpg

SayGoodbye
03-21-2008, 09:47 PM
BS.. one is an accident.. two and you're aiming for them. Cat killer.

(kidding)

mgoddess
03-21-2008, 10:01 PM
http://www.acc.umu.se/~zqad/cats/1201444013-1199524426261.b.jpg

That's just too cute...

Khariz
03-21-2008, 10:27 PM
Hide the cat behind the tires of the neighbor's car

Winner!

Drew
03-21-2008, 10:38 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v24/backwardhatclub/NAP.jpg

Suppa Hobbit Mage
03-21-2008, 10:42 PM
Deja vu.

Guess what happened.

You should stop putting cat food behind your tires.

crazymage
03-21-2008, 11:57 PM
Ed i'm getting a kitten this weekend please stay away from my house.