PDA

View Full Version : Lost the master window

LadyAurla
12-03-2011, 10:05 AM
I've lost the master window, the one that lets you open and close the other windows. All I've got now is Experience, Inventory, and Spells (sigh). How do I get the master window back.

And while we're on the subject, is there a help function for Lich itself? I was unable to find that, either.

Jymamon
12-03-2011, 10:23 AM
Odds are, that window is just hidden behind another one. SF won't let you actually close it. Minimize your other windows one at a time (and move them a little in case the "Windows" windows is minimized - the title bars could hide each other). You'll probably find it lurking around.

LadyAurla
12-03-2011, 10:29 AM
I tried that before posting, minimizing and moving the three from side to side, and even minimizing the story window (that I forgot to list) and dragging it around. No sign of the master window.

Asha
12-03-2011, 11:30 AM
Tap TAB a couple of times.
You're welcome.

LadyAurla
12-03-2011, 12:24 PM
That just selected and deselected the story window, I think. The print in the title bar would alternate between white and blue. No new windows of any sort opened.

ThatDamnTep
12-03-2011, 12:52 PM
On either side of the top of the screen you should see a small > and <. I'm betting you stuck the master window in one of these pop out windows on accident and then closed them. Open the pop out windows and see if it's in there.

LadyAurla
12-03-2011, 01:25 PM
Nope. That just expanded the Story window to that side hiding what was there, all right, but having a wide enough monitor, the default is the Story window in the middle, flanked by the lesser windows on both sides. Nothing new was found.

Gibreficul
12-03-2011, 06:07 PM
Use WizFE like all the cool kids!

subzero
12-03-2011, 06:14 PM
Use WizFE like all the cool kids!

Needs moar colorz!