PDA

View Full Version : assassin

chandlrwa
06-09-2004, 05:59 PM
I never cease to be amazed at the players who make their characters complete jerks for no reason at all. But hey, if they're gonna play jerks, they should have the pleasure of playing *dead* jerks. In short, I need an assassin to take out someone in his forties or fifties. Any tips?

Axhinde
06-09-2004, 06:00 PM
I might know someone...who you tryin to kill?

Soulpieced
06-09-2004, 06:01 PM
Yeah, we need names.

Chadj
06-09-2004, 06:01 PM
I can do it/get it done cheap. Who ya need killed? IM me at Canuckkid8248

Chadj
06-09-2004, 06:02 PM
I will need rough age, profession, name, and any info that you can get (DS, AS, hunting area, TD, etc.)

Volstock
06-09-2004, 06:04 PM
wow talk about bloodlust.

Artha
06-09-2004, 06:11 PM
Isn't that against policy?

Not that it matters anymore.

Chadj
06-09-2004, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by Artha
Isn't that against policy?

Not that it matters anymore.

Not if you get consent.

Which I do most of the time.

SpunGirl
06-09-2004, 06:28 PM
Hi.

If you want to hire an assassin to kill someone in the game, at least do it ICly. Don't hire one off the fuckin' PC. And make it a character thing, not a thing where you, the player, are pissed off.

You're also not supposed to bring other people into YOUR conflicts. This whole thing reeks of lame-ity.

-K

Mistomeer
06-09-2004, 06:51 PM
When you get the name, Chadj, post it for us.

chandlrwa
06-09-2004, 07:20 PM
>>If you want to hire an assassin to kill someone in the game, at least do it ICly. Don't hire one off the fuckin' PC. And make it a character thing, not a thing where you, the player, are pissed off.

>>You're also not supposed to bring other people into YOUR conflicts. This whole thing reeks of lame-ity.

Hey, thanks much for your thoughtful response. Perhaps you'll now go read the post carefully and see that I ask not for an assassin but for TIPS, as in "How do I find one in the game." After that, you could, just for amusement, read your own post to see how many internal contradictions you can find. Thanks again!

Back
06-09-2004, 07:22 PM
Anyone else notice the odd, or perhaps not so odd, cooincidence between this and another thread?

Bobmuhthol
06-09-2004, 07:33 PM
If you're referring to my thread, maybe you should be able to read dates. That thread was recently bumped from last month.

If it's in the Landing, Shay has been known to accept assassination requests.

Gan
06-09-2004, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by Bobmuhthol
If it's in the Landing, Shay has been known to accept assassination requests.

A light crossbow bolt flies out of the shadows toward Bobmuhthol!
AS: +486 vs DS: +134 with AvD: +27 + d100 roll: +71 = +450
... and hits for 119 points of damage!
Beautiful shot pierces both lungs, Bobmuhthol makes a wheezing noise, and drops dead!
* Bobmuhthol drops dead at your feet!
The light crossbow bolt sticks in Bobmuhthol's chest!
> * Bobmuhthol just bit the dust!

Ganalon has been known to do a few too...

Bobmuhthol
06-09-2004, 07:41 PM
If I'm not mistaken, that was the result of you being a whiney pussy because you got pwned on PsiNet.

Gan
06-09-2004, 07:44 PM
To be honest, I really dont remember the reason why, I just saved the shot because it was notable. I'm sure you pissed me off somehow, but being pwned? plz... You dont qualify to be in any conversation with me to even merit pwnage.

Additionally, if you wish to whine about that particular incident, which is really insignificant, then start a new thread.

Bobmuhthol
06-09-2004, 07:48 PM
rofl, great logic. You bring this up, and I state the reason and why you suck because of it. Then you're telling me that I'm whining and should start a new thread?

One of us is stupid.

Gan
06-09-2004, 07:53 PM
Thread: Assassins

Post: example of shot from hiding by Ganalon against his victim.

Post byline: "Ganalon has been known to do a few too" indicating that Ganalon has been known to do assassinations as well.

Nothing about this post is whining about any event involving you and PSINET. Its not all about you bob. Although, I wonder if this is the reason why you bought Shay and like archery... hmmmm

Therefore, I agree one of us is stupid. Please reconsider your logic and follow my advice, if you wish to whine about why that shot took plate, then start a new thread.

Bobmuhthol
06-09-2004, 07:57 PM
IF YOU CARE SO MUCH ABOUT EXPLAINING YOURSELF DO IT IN ANOTHER THREAD PLEASE

SpunGirl
06-09-2004, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by chandlrwa
Hey, thanks much for your thoughtful response. Perhaps you'll now go read the post carefully and see that I ask not for an assassin but for TIPS, as in "How do I find one in the game." After that, you could, just for amusement, read your own post to see how many internal contradictions you can find. Thanks again!

You'll have to point them out to me, apparently I'm too dense to see them.

/endsarcasm.

And regardless of where you find them... you're not supposed to bring other people into your conflicts. And if it really IS an IG thing, and it really IS in character... how about you try to find one in game?

This thread might have a different tone were it posted in the roleplaying folder. However, it isn't.

-K

chandlrwa
06-09-2004, 09:21 PM
Thanks for the various responses. Incidentally, this thread is in no way connected to any other thread on these forums, and I won't be posting the name of the hypothetical victim precisely because this *is* a character conflict, not a player conflict, and the other player(s) involved don't deserve to have their characters' laundry aired.

chandlrwa
06-09-2004, 09:23 PM
>>You'll have to point them out to me, apparently I'm too dense to see them.

>> /endsarcasm.

Heh. Well played.

SpunGirl
06-09-2004, 09:24 PM
I never cease to be amazed at the players who make their characters complete jerks for no reason at all. But hey, if they're gonna play jerks, they should have the pleasure of playing *dead* jerks.

A few hours later.....

..... precisely because this *is* a character conflict, not a player conflict....

:lol2::lol2::lol2:

-K

Chadj
06-09-2004, 09:26 PM
Chadj and Cadilihar accept assasin jobs, as well as point in the right direction if you want it done a specific way that they can't do (ex. implosion, immolation etc).. Cadilihar is in the landing, Chadj is in Illistim.

LordSagan
06-09-2004, 09:38 PM
:troll:

Caramia
06-09-2004, 10:38 PM
Consent means the victim has to agree to having an outsider to the conflict, the assassin, kill them. That's what CvC and consentual conflict or consentual PvP means.

If the victim hasn't agreed to have Chadj kill him, then it's clearly unconsented and unwarranted PvP.

I'd be a bit careful about accepting assassin jobs from people when you aren't personally involved in the conflict from the beginning. You could be walking into an OOC situation or someone could be setting you up for a PvP warning, and you will be the one getting it in the Consultation Lounge, not necessarily the person who paid you to do it.

I think assassinations are just lame though, if you can fight your own battles, don't get into them. If the battle isn't something you consented to, then report the bastard.

TheEschaton
06-10-2004, 12:38 AM
Assassinations are acceptable, if the two original parties have, in their lead up to conflict, threats of assassination. Then, the assassin becomes merely a tool in the feud, as a warrior may use a claid, someone might use an assassin.

And no good assassin is known by name, Chadj.

-TheE-

Chadj
06-10-2004, 01:21 AM
Originally posted by TheEschaton
Assassinations are acceptable, if the two original parties have, in their lead up to conflict, threats of assassination. Then, the assassin becomes merely a tool in the feud, as a warrior may use a claid, someone might use an assassin.

And no good assassin is known by name, Chadj.

-TheE-

Who said Chadj was an assassin? He just kills people. More of a sword for hire. Assassin sort of hints at stealthy acts. Chadj puts on sonic plate, and kills stuff :lol:.

And I have 4 characters.. one of which is a rogue, roughly 35 trains.. Notice I didn't mention the name?:P

Touché though.

Chadj
06-10-2004, 01:24 AM
Originally posted by Caramia
If the victim hasn't agreed to have Chadj kill him, then it's clearly unconsented and unwarranted PvP.

I attain consent. It can be as simple as "I hear you have had problems with a certain someone.. If you so much as glance at them again, I will kill you on the spot." (most people can't help but call the bluff..)

<(victim) glances at the certain someone>

Theres consent.

Consent does not have to be "I agree to let Chadj kill me". They have to have a choice. And saying "If you do this, I will kill you" is giving them a choice.

TheEschaton
06-10-2004, 01:26 AM
Ahhh, but do you have a gnome archer who can snipe?

Then, even OOC bastards can't "remember" your name when you taunt them from the shadows. Of course, the problem is not falling out of hiding.

(has been working on a gnome archer for this very purpose, with the intent on being the best asssassin ever. So much so that no one knows his name, or ever sees him).

-TheE-

Edaarin
06-10-2004, 01:27 AM
Lame. :rolleyes:

If you want to kill people and get your chuckles that way (sounds a little like a tamer version of Izbin), play Diablo or something.

Chadj
06-10-2004, 01:28 AM
Originally posted by Edaarin
Lame. :rolleyes:

If you want to kill people and get your chuckles that way (sounds a little like a tamer version of Izbin), play Diablo or something.

Only 2 of my characters have ever killed. My rogue, and Chadj.

TheEschaton
06-10-2004, 01:31 AM
Only one of mine has ever killed another person. I believe I made a thread about the one time that one character killed someone.

And besides, I'd have to wait til the gnome archer was about 70 or so before I'd ever hire him out as an assassin. Considering I've had a character for 6 years and he just trained to 54 yesterday, I don't think this kid'll be seeing action anytime this decade.

-TheE-

theotherjohn
06-10-2004, 01:38 AM
In short, I need an assassin to take out someone in his forties or fifties. Any tips?

Profession: Hiresword
Race: Dwarf Gender: Male
He currently has full citizenship in Wehnimer's Landing.
Guildmaster of the Warrior Guild
Strongest foe vanquished: a raving lunatic

Quote: "For the money that you pay me I have no problem killing clerics, wizards, sorcerers, bards, warriors, rogues and even empaths but remember I would happily kill you for free"

Bobmuhthol
06-10-2004, 05:14 AM
Chadj: "ASSASSINS ARE STEALTHY."
Me: "Y u so dum?"

Galleazzo
06-10-2004, 06:36 AM
Ya know, that's a pretty cool thought -- setting up wannabe assassins for the GMs!

SURRRRe, I wanna hire a killer to take out someone, and I'll pay ever so much silver for it ...

HarmNone
06-10-2004, 06:54 AM
Originally posted by Galleazzo
Ya know, that's a pretty cool thought -- setting up wannabe assassins for the GMs!

SURRRRe, I wanna hire a killer to take out someone, and I'll pay ever so much silver for it ...

Heh. Been done. Old news. :yawn:

HarmNone :wasntme:

Chadj
06-10-2004, 10:04 AM
Chadj: "ASSASSINS ARE STEALTHY."
Me: "Y u so dum?"

Assassin Definition: a person who commits murder; especially : one who murders a politically important person either for hire or from fanatical motives.

It states no where in there anything about stealth. However, I believe I stated that Assassination hints at stealthiness (is that even a word?), and so I would not consider Chadj an assassin.

You: OMG IM STOOPID
Me: Yes.

EDIT: Yes, stealthiness is a word.

[Edited on 6-10-2004 by Chadj]

AnticorRifling
06-10-2004, 10:42 AM
I fight my own battles.

DeV
06-10-2004, 10:50 AM
If I'm not mistaken, that was the result of you being a whiney pussy because you got pwned on PsiNet. Wow, some nerve.. :lol:

DeV
06-10-2004, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by AnticorRifling
I fight my own battles. I'm definitely with you on this one. I really don't like to have others involved in my conflicts in game.

crazymage
06-10-2004, 01:59 PM
did we find who hes putting a 'hit on '

SpunGirl
06-10-2004, 05:03 PM
Considering he can't decide whether it's the player or the character he's mad at, I think it might be awhile on that one.

-K

Caramia
06-11-2004, 07:51 PM
"I hear you have had problems with a certain someone.. If you so much as glance at them again, I will kill you on the spot."

If you didn't see what they did or heard what they said, you're only getting one side of the story, you're working on assumptions (a really stupid thing to do), haven't a real clue what the "truth" of the matter is, you might be threatening someone for something that is a lie or an OOC reason, and you're getting involved in a conflict that is NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS.

Good luck explaining why you shouldn't get a warning when the GM that hauled you to the consultation lounge is about to give you one!

You might want to try this approach instead:

"I hear you have had problems with a certain someone.. Although I could likely kill you on the spot, how about you give me a good reason not to?"

At least that way you don't look like a bully (I know, you think you look like an uber-cool assassin when you say that) and you might actually have someone mistake your actions for... gasp... roleplaying.

[Edited on 6/11/2004 by Caramia]

Chadj
06-11-2004, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by Caramia

"I hear you have had problems with a certain someone.. If you so much as glance at them again, I will kill you on the spot."

If you didn't see what they did or heard what they said, you're only getting one side of the story, you're working on assumptions (a really stupid thing to do), haven't a real clue what the "truth" of the matter is, you might be threatening someone for something that is a lie or an OOC reason, and you're getting involved in a conflict that is NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS.

Good luck explaining why you shouldn't get a warning when the GM that hauled you to the consultation lounge is about to give you one!

You might want to try this approach instead:

"I hear you have had problems with a certain someone.. Although I could likely kill you on the spot, how about you give me a good reason not to?"

At least that way you don't look like a bully (I know, you think you look like an uber-cool assassin when you say that) and you might actually have someone mistake your actions for... gasp... roleplaying.

[Edited on 6/11/2004 by Caramia]

If one is a hired assassin, they don't get "both sides of the story" :lol:.

"Hi, I want to hire you to kill someone. He annoyed me"

"Well, I have to go get the other side of the story from him first."

Sorry, nothin doin there.

Chadj
06-11-2004, 08:39 PM
Also, the character that I would use that with, would be considered a bully. And it was merely an example.

I've used nearly that exact line a couple times. Only one of the two times was a GM called in. When I copied and pasted it to him, he said "All is in order.. I guess that is consent. But try not killing people in the future"

2 of my chars have killed a fair amount of people. I've never had a warning. I know the policy inside and out ;):)

Artha
06-11-2004, 08:44 PM
I think bragging about it here is a good way to get a warning :)

Chadj
06-11-2004, 08:48 PM
I don't mean to brag.. It's not like it's something I'm proud of. Or ashamed of. I don't care, simply because it's part of my rogues RP.

And I don't care if GM's read this, because I havn't broken policy.

Artha
06-11-2004, 08:50 PM
That doesn't mean you won't, or that the next one will consider what you do as in policy.

Chadj
06-11-2004, 08:51 PM
Fair enough.

MrFeature
06-14-2004, 11:08 AM
If assassination is against policy, then why does the title "Bounty Hunter" exist? I find assassination a pussy way to kill someone, but I enjoy it if Im the assassin. I also find it funny when someone hires an assassin and said person fails miserably.

Shalla
06-14-2004, 11:09 AM
I don't know, but after kill bill 1 and 2.. I am liking the assasin idea.

But doesn't Noblemen hire assasins to not dirty their hands back in the old days?

[Edited on 6-14-2004 by Lady Shalla]

Chadj
06-14-2004, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by MrFeature
If assassination is against policy, then why does the title "Bounty Hunter" exist? I find assassination a pussy way to kill someone, but I enjoy it if Im the assassin. I also find it funny when someone hires an assassin and said person fails miserably.

Thats happened with someone trying to kill me... I heard about it in advance, and put on plate armor.. well, the guy shot an arrow at me. Needless to say, didn't do much. Amusing though.

Artha
06-14-2004, 11:31 AM
If assassination is against policy, then why does the title "Bounty Hunter" exist?

Bounty Hunters are not assassins. Bounty Hunters hunt criminals in order to bring them back to be put in jail. Assassins kill people for money.

TheEschaton
06-14-2004, 11:40 AM
Thats happened with someone trying to kill me... I heard about it in advance, and put on plate armor.. well, the guy shot an arrow at me. Needless to say, didn't do much. Amusing though

That's why you always aim for the eye. No plate covering that...

-TheE-

Chadj
06-14-2004, 11:56 AM
Well, either he just got a really unlucky shot and missed, or he is a dumbass... cause it hit me in the leg. I e-waved, lullabyed, and walked away. :shrug:

If you are gonna kill someone, then do it right :).

Drew2
06-14-2004, 11:57 AM
cbone chadj

The end.

Chadj
06-14-2004, 11:58 AM
Chadj's a lot older than last time you tried that :P.

Then again.. with a roll of 1, it used to endroll with like, 150, didn't it? :(

Drew2
06-14-2004, 11:59 AM
Tayre is a lot older than the last time he tried that. His CS is also like 100 higher. rofl.

But you have a great opportunity to catch up, seeing as how I quit. Again.

[Edited on 6-14-2004 by Tayre]

Chadj
06-14-2004, 12:00 PM
fine, then I will just be a baby and get my ranger and spike yo' ass :O.

I havn't played Gemstone in almost 2 months. So I wont be catchin up any time soon.

[Edited on 6-14-2004 by Chadj]

Drew2
06-14-2004, 12:01 PM
Your ranger has to be within like 5 trains to even have a glimmer of hope of hitting me.

Ask Michiko. Or Stunseed.

I think Stun has hit me but I don't think it ever did more than like a minor.

[Edited on 6-14-2004 by Tayre]

Chadj
06-14-2004, 12:02 PM
Yup. He's up there. More than twice Chadj's train. :P

Nieninque
06-15-2004, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by Tayre
Your ranger has to be within like 5 trains to even have a glimmer of hope of hitting me.

Ask Michiko. Or Stunseed.

Or Snowy?

::ducks and runs away::

Xcalibur
06-15-2004, 08:23 AM
Killing someone now is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO pointless.

OHHHHHHHHH NO!!! I will lose some strength for the next 10 minutes...

Booh booh booh booh booh.

:O

Fallen
06-15-2004, 08:31 AM
Actually there is no penalty at all except for loss of unabsorbed exp, spells, and spirit. Add 1k DR points and coins on your person if you depart.

Edit: Unless loss of spirit is what you meant by strength.

[Edited on 6-15-2004 by Fallen]

Xcalibur
06-15-2004, 09:02 AM
They're supposed to change the DR with stats lost.

As stupid as the other one, still.

Edaarin
06-15-2004, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by Chadj
fine, then I will just be a baby and get my ranger and spike yo' ass :O.

I havn't played Gemstone in almost 2 months. So I wont be catchin up any time soon.

Right, by almost two months you mean less than 3 weeks (at most)?

Chadj

Knight

Registered 9-7-2003
RPG Character:

Mood: Even the stars are ill at ease.

Level: 30
HP: 643 / 737

MP: 410 / 1662

Exp: 50%

posted on 5-24-2004 at 02:35 AM Post ID: 179384

Coinner and Sillvento

A while back, Coinner and Sillvento cast at Chadj's father in law.. So, I confronted them on it, because I wanted to know why. I was not planning on killing them.. but..

EDIT: Fixed spacing.

[Edited on 6-15-2004 by Edaarin]

Soulpieced
06-15-2004, 10:24 AM
Strike 2 on Chadj for not knowing the appropriate timeline.

Parkbandit
06-15-2004, 10:29 AM
If assassination is against policy, then why does the title "Bounty Hunter" exist?

Using that logic.. why is PvP against policy when I can easily kill other characters?

You can roleplay an assasin if you like.. just make sure you have your mark's approval prior to the actual strike.

Xcalibur
06-15-2004, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by Parkbandit

Using that logic.. why is PvP against policy when I can easily kill other characters?

You can roleplay an assasin if you like.. just make sure you have your mark's approval prior to the actual strike.

I would say that the biggest reason killing other character is against policy was because, you guessed it, abuses.

You know, those moron killing someone 10 times per day and such.

Or just because gemstone is a game of math, and a level 60 sorcerer kill 100% of the time a level 30 rogue/warrior.

Parkbandit
06-15-2004, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by Xcalibur
Or just because gemstone is a game of math, and a level 60 sorcerer kill 100% of the time a level 30 rogue/warrior.

Your math as well as your english needs improvement.

There are many times in which a level 60 sorcerer does not kill a level 30 rogue/warrior. There are also ways for that level 30 rogue/warrior to kill said sorcerer.

100% can usually be disproved.

MrFeature
06-15-2004, 11:29 AM

Bounty Hunters are not assassins. Bounty Hunters hunt criminals in order to bring them back to be put in jail. Assassins kill people for money.

Wrong, A city official would post a bounty on someone, typically, anyone who brings the person in dead or alive (Usually specified) gets the bounty, Usually money, hence the name bounty hunter.

Dictionary.com's 3rd definition for bounty:
A reward, inducement, or payment, especially one given by a government for acts deemed beneficial to the state, such as killing predatory animals, growing certain crops, starting certain industries, or enlisting for military service.

They're not technically assassins, but they get paid for detaining the criminal.

Syberus
06-15-2004, 11:30 AM
I think the last assassion job I took was for Sabreon, Kolts and Mistros, but that was a while ago... at this point if I kill anyone for any reason (warranted or not) everyone points and stares and screams look at the old guy abusing his power.. so it's pretty gay.

Artha
06-15-2004, 11:31 AM
They're not technically assassins, but they get paid for detaining the criminal.

Which means they aren't assassins, which means you lose.

MrFeature
06-15-2004, 06:27 PM

Which means they aren't assassins, which means you lose.

If you read my threads, I never said they were. So you lose, jackass

Bobmuhthol
06-15-2004, 06:35 PM
I'm not scrolling up to find the exact quote, but this is not a very solid argument.

"Why is being an assassin against policy if you can be a Bounty Hunter?"
"Bounty hunters are not assassins."
"I NEVER SAID THEY WERE."

Xcalibur
06-15-2004, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by Parkbandit

Originally posted by Xcalibur

Your math as well as your english needs improvement.

There are many times in which a level 60 sorcerer does not kill a level 30 rogue/warrior. There are also ways for that level 30 rogue/warrior to kill said sorcerer.

100% can usually be disproved.

I agree, I forgot you have 1% of chance of botching spells.

Let me rephrase my main idea:

99% of the time.

Artha
06-15-2004, 06:43 PM

If you read my threads, I never said they were. So you lose, jackass

If you can't tell that you were implying Bounty Hunters are assassins, you're massively stupid.