PDA

View Full Version : Temple Room Re-Dedication

Asrial
12-01-2011, 09:38 PM
"Lornon Priest Lazoar, of the Icemule temple, would like to announce an event on the first day of Eorgaen. The Hall of the Dark is being renovated, and at 11pm by the elven clock, Lazaor will host a ceremony to dedicate the newly refinished room to the Queen of Loron. Assistin him will be Priestess Sembrah of Solhaven, and Isulde, the Messenger of the Queen." -- GM Korelys

This was posted in the "Sacred and Profane" quest folder.

This is happening in 1 hour from now.

Asrial
12-02-2011, 12:29 AM
So apparently this is some ongoing stuff and this isn't a "first meeting" type situation.

On Sunday something is going to happen in Zul Logoth.

If you want to travel with the group (composed of NPC's and players) going there.. meet at the south gate of Icemule at 6pm eastern on Saturday.

awol0509
12-02-2011, 12:29 PM
Good times, good times. :)

Asrial
12-02-2011, 09:41 PM
I didn't get to go on the trip, so this is going to be very short..

The next step is supposed to be tomorrow (Saturday) between 6pm and 7pm eastern.

As you come into Zul Logoth from the Wehnimer's side...

Go arch (to exit the arrival area) and then DOWN. The area you're looking for is basically the "damp hole" in the Ruby Tunnels area.

Inside this area is a boulder that is supposedly going to be destroyed tomorrow leading to some Eorgina temple.

Buckwheet
12-02-2011, 10:22 PM
I don't know why, but I read this as Temple of Doom Re-Dedication. I was sorely upset there was no Indiana Jones in this thread.

Asrial
12-02-2011, 10:25 PM
I don't know why, but I read this as Temple of Doom Re-Dedication. I was sorely upset there was no Indiana Jones in this thread.Well.. who's to say this boulder won't come rolling after everyone? :D

4a6c1
12-02-2011, 10:25 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_JRmzVLvHrn4/TMcSZxln__I/AAAAAAAAAQ4/VDRyXLWlraU/s1600/indiana_jones_temple_of_doom.jpg

Asrial
12-03-2011, 07:24 PM
You see Queen Eorgina.
She appears to be humanoid.
She is taller than average and appears to be mature. She has large ruby-flecked grey eyes and pale, shimmering skin. She has very long, sleek ebon hair draped in a single braid over her left shoulder. She has an oval face.
She is surrounded by a subtle glow, which radiates forth and illuminates the area with each slight movement.
She is wearing a glittering diamond shard, and some fluid grey velvet robes that seem to shift and swirl about her form.

Asrial
12-03-2011, 07:33 PM
Also, there's this...

You channel at Eorgina.
Particles of dust and soot rise from the floor at your feet as you release a pulsating, platinum ripple of energy toward Eorgina!
d100 == 1 FUMBLE!
Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.
Roundtime: 3 sec.

Hahaha.

Asrial
12-03-2011, 09:04 PM
Okay, there's going to be 3 posts.. I'm going to post a synopsis of 'events', what Eorgina said, and maybe a fuller log showing actions (IE: why I attacked her).

[EDIT: Looking at the log.. it's fairly boring on the action side of things.. she attacked someone with a fireball because they 'waved' at her, I unstunned them, she attacked me with a fireball, I reacted naturally and attacked her (the fumble, hahah), then there's bits of Ceyrin and Foxs attacking me (if you're reading this Ceyrin, did 125 go away after I did 220 or did it just vanish invisibly?), she attacks Clunk with a fireball, I make a comment, the person she attacked first replied to my comment, this happens...

Eorgina turns to face Arealle.

Speaking simply to Arealle, Eorgina says, "Perhaps you think it amusing to earn the wrath of the Queen. Very well."

I put in the name because it's the only person actually addressed DIRECTLY by Eorgina...

She hit her with another fireball.. and that's it for the action. Which sucks.. I spelled up for war.. heh.]

The synopsis basically is.. apparently there's been stuff going on involving Eorgina.. visions, papers talking about a prophecy, NPC's coming around.

The meeting for Thursday gets posted and we go to the ceremony in Icemule.. nothing major really happened except to talk more about things and set a 'time' for action on Friday.

Friday was the trip to Zul Logoth and setting the 'time' for Saturday. On Friday, a boulder with Eorgina's symbol was discovered in Zul Logoth.

On Saturday.. a ritual occurred (NPC driven) that destroyed the boulder. A path was discovered (the papers indicated some kind of smuggling tunnel system; this path definitely has that feel) and it eventually led to Li'aerion which is apparently Eorgina's vacation home built by enslaved elves (who were kicked over the side of the cliff if they misbehaved; the place is above cloudtops!).

The place is small enough to be easily explored and is definitely worth a visit.. especially because it has two entrance puzzles.

One of them is currently out of action because it's broken, and I'm not sure what the intentions are for having it put back or not.

The second one (actually the first one encountered) is on par with the entrance to Koar's shrine (minus the mana requirement) and the steps on the Reach.

I'm not going to spoil this just yet. Sorry. It's not THAT hard.

A few tips (and one hint)...

Syntax (at) is very important and some items have the same identifiers (IE: ruby heart symbol, ruby flame symbol.. both are RUBY SYMBOL).

So we progressed inside and were approached by Eorgina (look in the above posts for her look description).

She talked, she attacked a bit (nothing serious), talked some more, and left. She also left a pile of 'oval firestones' for people to take from. You're only allowed one. Not sure how long it's going to remain...

Not sure what's going to happen in the future.. no NPC's were around at this time.

Asrial
12-03-2011, 09:17 PM
[Li'aerion, Entrance Hall]
An immense circular room is enclosed with polished grey stone walls that rise up three floors to a dome-shaped ceiling of cut crystal. Moonlight pours through the ceiling and breaks into shards of bright white light that shift lazily about room, highlighting the central staircase and second floor landing. The walls on either side of the staircase are covered with large, intricate tapestries hung from delicate bars of gold. A sweet melody, faint but insistent, floats through the space without pause.
Obvious exits: none

A high-pitched humming noise, faint at first, grows increasingly louder until you cannot hear anything else.

Every nerve in your body is screaming, stimulated by some unknown source. You fall to the floor writhing, and are unable to see anything but an encompassing darkness.

The ground beneath you violently shakes and rumbles causing you to fall down!
Roundtime: 11 sec.

You are filled with ecstacy, every bit of your body engulfed in tiny lines of fire that race about in manic patterns. The ringing in your head is louder than you can bear, and a heavy presence descends over the area.

Suddenly, the area is filled with a searing white light. A column of incandescent flame erupts from the floor, racing out in all directions and settling into a blazing circle of fire.

A hooded figure arises from the center of the circle, appearing insubstantial at first, then solidifying rather quickly."

The figure reaches up with a pale, delicate hand to push back her hood.

You stare at Eorgina.

You see Queen Eorgina.
She appears to be humanoid.
She is taller than average and appears to be mature. She has large ruby-flecked grey eyes and pale, shimmering skin. She has very long, sleek ebon hair draped in a single braid over her left shoulder. She has an oval face.
She is surrounded by a subtle glow, which radiates forth and illuminates the area with each slight movement.
She is wearing a glittering diamond shard, and some fluid grey velvet robes that seem to shift and swirl about her form.

Eorgina says, "This is my ancient home."

Eorgina returns your gaze.

Eorgina says, "I have discovered a connection with my followers that has surpassed even my expectations."

Eorgina says, "It seems, perhaps, that your faith has added to my power."

Eorgina says, "I shall not return to this place again. I give it over to you."

Eorgina says, "Remember this..."

Eorgina says, "I rule not the night, but the blackness of it."

Eorgina says, "Not the ending of the day, but the reason for its end."

Eorgina says, "Without night, day is nothing."

Eorgina says, "Without Dark, light is nothing."

Eorgina says, "And without light, darkness still persists... darker than ever."

Eorgina says, "Keep faith in me. And I will continue to answer your prayers..."

Eorgina says, "...as I see fit."

Eorgina smiles enigmatically.

Eorgina lifts her arms gracefully. Her gaze is piercing, her eyes communicating an unspoken command. You are lost in their grey depths, the ruby flecks within shifting an flashing. In the next instant, her form is engulfed in a column of writhing flame, and she is gone.

The circle of flame disappears, the fires dying to leave behind a perfect ring of firestones.

Asrial
12-03-2011, 09:51 PM
I was confused by a comment Korelys made, and the timing of it, so I asked if things were done or there was more to come. Here's her response...

"The main part is over, but as Aphotice commented, large parts of the manor house have kind of faded away from disuse. Repeated pilgrimages might change that."

4a6c1
12-04-2011, 02:15 AM
Yay! Thanks Asrial.