PDA

View Full Version : Crit Weighting on Bows

Lokrin
11-22-2011, 01:39 PM
I've seen a few bows floating around that have crit weighting instead of sighting on them, such as the bow below.

an ancient carmiln long bow
-Temporarily Exceptionally Crit Weighted - Incredible number of uses

What do most of you do? Do you keep such a bow handy for encounters with particularly thick skinned creatures, or do you prefer to avoid those creatures and/or just plink them to death?

I was curious if it is even worth buying one. Are the results noticeable enough to carry one around?

HermieTheDentist
11-22-2011, 01:47 PM
Crit weighted is the way the person assessing an item gets as messaging. Sighting is what the player base calls it.

Thanks,
Matt

Kitsun
11-22-2011, 01:52 PM
If you're worried about tough nuts to crack; Haste imbeds, blue crystals and a loaded heavy crossbow are your options.

Anything turtled with a large shield you shouldn't even bother with unless you can feint them out.

Lokrin
11-22-2011, 02:09 PM
So no bow exists that has actual crit weighting on it (not sighting)? I guess I've never had any of my bows assessed to realize crit weighting on a bow was just sighting.

I have Tonis up throughout the duration of my hunts, but even with a 1 sec RT, I typically avoid thick skinned creatures to try and avoid losing arrows and save time.

ah well, archery is amazing as it is, and I suppose having a crit weighted bow would be a bit much (but still awesome).

Kitsun
11-22-2011, 03:06 PM
All crit weighting on any ranged weaponary is really sighting.

What you want is crit weighted arrows. Those will give higher crits on strikes. I think it is possible with GoS.

Lokrin
11-22-2011, 03:44 PM
I forgot about adding crit weighting with GoS. Thanks for the information Kitsun.

Gravebane525
11-22-2011, 03:58 PM
I think I have a few crit weighted arrows in a locker somewhere. they really would only be good if you had one of those quivers that made duplicates though... by a few I mean sumin like 1-5

Kitsun
11-22-2011, 04:04 PM
With a replicating quiver, it would be worth it to make some home made crazy arrows of doom; 8x blessed arrows for demon slaying, get a 5x arrow done up with crit weighting at an event, etc.

Gravebane525
11-22-2011, 04:06 PM
yea some times I wish the cool toys didn't cost so much. I'd have to hit the lottery to afford something like a replicating quiver. and even then I'm not sure I'd be willing to waste the money on it.

Lokrin
11-22-2011, 06:55 PM
You can't attack demons (like a vathor) without having 8x bless arrows? I thought I've seen quite a few archers shooting at them during invasions.

Kitsun
11-22-2011, 07:09 PM
They have a barrier to start. Once it is down, you can hit it normally. Before that, you need 8x and blessable.

DaCapn
11-22-2011, 08:54 PM
I think it was BriarFox who found that bows are weighted when wielded as a staff. That is, sighting is applied when used as a ranged weapon and weighting is applied when used as a melee weapon.

Asha
11-22-2011, 09:08 PM
Confirmed it with any testing?

BriarFox
11-22-2011, 09:14 PM
Confirmed it with any testing?

I posted it on the PC somewhere here, but heck if I can find the posts now. In any case, yes, a sighted bow is also a crit-weighted quarterstaff.