PDA

View Full Version : Need some training help

Lord Deprav
06-08-2004, 05:14 PM
at level 18), your current skill bonuses and ranks (including all modifiers) are:
Skill Name | Current Current
| Bonus Ranks
Armor Use..........................| 120 30
Shield Use.........................| 86 19
Combat Maneuvers...................| 140 40
Edged Weapons......................| 140 40
Ambush.............................| 140 40
Physical Fitness...................| 86 19
Dodging............................| 136 38
Harness Power......................| 25 5
Stalking and Hiding................| 140 40
Perception.........................| 58 12
Climbing...........................| 25 5
Pickpocketing......................| 140 40

Spell Lists
Minor Elemental....................| 3
Training Points: 22 Phy 52 Mnt

Race: Giant Profession: Rogue (not shown)
Normal (Bonus) ... Enhanced (Bonus)
Strength (STR): 96 (38) ... 96 (38)
Constitution (CON): 38 (4) ... 38 (4)
Dexterity (DEX): 98 (19) ... 98 (19)
Agility (AGI): 100 (20) ... 100 (20)
Discipline (DIS): 76 (13) ... 76 (13)
Aura (AUR): 93 (16) ... 93 (16)
Logic (LOG): 76 (8) ... 76 (8)
Intuition (INT): 64 (7) ... 64 (7)
Wisdom (WIS): 62 (6) ... 62 (6)
Influence (INF): 34 (-3) ... 34 (-3)
Mana: 21 Silver: 641

So after thinkin long and hard on this, I have a horrible time ambushing anything. It is almost basically impossible. I have tryed quite a few different things in Solhaven that close to level with me, and the only thing I could ambush (with aiming) were thunder trolls. Its because I am a giantman.

So I need some suggestions now. One thought that has past through my mind is droppin stalkin and hiding and ambushing and trainin in dodgin to incread my ds and spells. Spells I would probaly go up to around 414 E3 I think that is or maybe even 415 if I would to adjust my stats so that I can use a casting strength. But 410 to at least have e-wave so I can knock creatures down and then attack.

Things I am not sure about in gs4. Will shield training incread my ds? how much per rank will dodging increase my ds? does ambushin affect my AS? Will I stand a chance with any kind of cs hunting creatures when I am 50? Should I train in elemental lore at all? Nae sure what that does. Please if you could give me some of anyones time to answer my possibly dumb questions, I would appreciate it.

Thanks Deprav

Lord Deprav
06-08-2004, 07:13 PM
Oh yeah I was also thinkin about maybe multi-opponent combat. Has anyone here tryed it and how well does it work?

Edaarin
06-08-2004, 09:16 PM
1. Don't even touch Elemental Lore.
2. Don't bother going for 415, you'll never be able to hunt effectively with it.
3. Without S&H/ambush, you're really just playing a bad warrior, aren't you?
4. Dodging increases your DS by 1 in stance defensive with a normal shield.
5. 1x shield is fine. Difference between that and 2x at your level is negligible.

Your training plan is sort of odd. You can't really pick and you're not a pure combat rogue. Is it the spells that are eating up your TP's? What I would suggest for you is to change your training to something like a combat rogue or something and forget about spells until you're like level 40. Then use your next fixskills to become a magical rogue. Being a magical rogue starting at a low level sucks.

Lord Deprav
06-08-2004, 09:30 PM
Actually I have no problem with my hunting ability. Although I am not able to add in ambushing and hiding. As you can see my skills are pretty high in it, but I cannot aim my ambushin on anything. That is what I am fearing that I may be just wasting time trainin in ambushin and hiding. I don't know if I would be considered a poor warrior. My AS with signs is 253 at age 18 which is much higher than any other rogue I know out there close to my age. I am now definitely thinkin about becoming a picker. I didn't think my cs would ever be good enough to use 415 but I am not sure because I have never leveled with a rogue in the 40's or up. I guess what I am going to give a shot the pickin thing after this trainig. I am still on the 30 reallocation process so I am able to adjust my stats without penalty.

So basically, my biggest fear of countinually trainin in ambushin and S&H is that I will never be able to use it as a giantman.

Deprav

Celexei
06-08-2004, 09:36 PM
definatly drop the spell training until at least 40's if you MUST have spells, then go with just up to 406, but honestly spells are something to worry about much later in the future. Personally from my stand point i like my rogue as just a pure killer, i have no picking or disarming abilities, and at 12 trains my AS with signs is pushin damn close to yours. But thats just me, picking is also a nice way to go, a good way to get EXP, and a bit of tips if your good enough. The choice lies within what kinda Rogue you wanna RP.