PDA

View Full Version : bravery vials

06-17-2004, 04:02 AM
I don't get upset when I dont get a vial every hunt, but there comes a point in every man's life where an absence of vials can lead to feelings of annoyance.

I walk into the basin room and someone in there is just standing around........... for a very long time.

After a few hunting trips, said person was still standing in the room, now searching around like crazy.

when said person was asked what was happening, said person responded that they were looking for the rock to climb into soul golems.

Said person was still looking for said rock when I returned from my next hunt.

Said person is a mentor.

Said person should die.

Parkbandit
06-17-2004, 08:37 AM
LOL.. I just buy pure potions and don't worry so much about it.

PS- On Teras, there are much easier things to hunt than wind wraiths for a warrior.

Xcalibur
06-17-2004, 09:31 AM
I hunted there from 53, I think, to 61. There was a time, there was NO vials at all, and I was overhunting them for favors. Then, I put a familiar there.

Found at least 1 per hunt.

p.s. People are not honnest.

Soulpieced
06-17-2004, 10:05 AM
Ha, I used to hunt wind wraiths when they gave vials and could be critted, before sheer fear existed. I'd come back with about 7 or 8 vials per hunt.

Parkbandit
06-17-2004, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by Soulpieced
Ha, I used to hunt wind wraiths when they gave vials and could be critted, before sheer fear existed. I'd come back with about 7 or 8 vials per hunt.

Those were the days... I never hunted without heroism on the isle because they were so plentiful... people put them on the bench.

Kitsun
06-17-2004, 12:26 PM
Even when vials were plentiful I remember some bastiches would swipe them by the dozen.

So my wizard sat a familiar inside and I had a counted which ones triggered off my kills and warned anyone offa dem. It got really ugly when the vials got down to zilch drops.

Anebriated
06-17-2004, 03:52 PM
Yeah, im hunting them now. Its really annoying how there are never any vials. I generally will go into the niche and sunburst quickly as i finish, there is no reason to hide there unless you are taking peoples vials. Unfortionately I have yet to find someone hiding. Alot of it is just if others are down there hunting with you and finish first they go in and take them, I have found 2 or so since I started hunting in the tunnel.

AnticorRifling
06-17-2004, 03:54 PM
Explain the vials and such to those of us that have never been to the rock.

Xcalibur
06-17-2004, 03:58 PM
˝pure potions.

2 doses bravery.

When hunting for favors, late at night, I was making a vial every 15 wraiths (so around 7 minutes).

Artha
06-17-2004, 04:07 PM

When you kill wind wraiths, eventually a vial appears in a room that's near the area. That vial has bravery.

AnticorRifling
06-17-2004, 04:13 PM
Cool.

Kitsun
06-17-2004, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by AnticorRifling

To add on to what has been said...it is basically a 'free' version of a pure potion.

It spawns in a basin inside a niche which is the exit to the wind wraith area. Once you go inside, you HAVE to leave the area so anyone lingering there is suspect of thievery.

They used to be quite plentiful, spawning about once every 4-6 wraiths killed. At that time, you used to be able to find the vials sitting on the bench for hunters. It was frowned upon when people gathered up tons of them to sell in bulk on the landing net, too.

Things have changed.