PDA

View Full Version : Help setting up a skinning High Lord Warrior

Celexei
06-08-2004, 02:31 AM
Okay well i got ahold of my friends high lord warrior, which he pretty much never uses, and he said i could mess around with it and do what i wanted....so i never put much thought into it until today, when it was mentioned how much money can be made script skinning, I.E. 'Rumples, and others...this guy's not the best setup by far, i think his AS could be a hell of alot better than it is, as of the moment its in around 380's i believe, he's OHE shield, which was his choice some i'm not gonna tamper there, i was thinking dropping the 3x shield and maybe droppin a bit of the Cman and going 1.5x survival 1.5x FA, and 2x Trading to get as much outta my skins as possible, would be the way to go, plus if theres anyway anyone knows to boost AS a bit that'd be nice as well... here's the Info and Skills and such, take a look and honestly any suggestions at all would be helpful, but the main thing is the FA, Survival, and Trading. Thanks bunches everyone.

Dwarf Profession: Warrior (shown as: Champion)
Normal (Bonus) ... Enhanced (Bonus)
Strength (STR): 100 (35) ... 100 (35)
Constitution (CON): 100 (40) ... 100 (40)
Dexterity (DEX): 85 (17) ... 85 (17)
Agility (AGI): 90 (15) ... 90 (15)
Discipline (DIS): 83 (26) ... 83 (26)
Aura (AUR): 74 (2) ... 74 (2)
Logic (LOG): 76 (18) ... 76 (18)
Intuition (INT): 80 (15) ... 80 (15)
Wisdom (WIS): 77 (13) ... 77 (13)
Influence (INF): 84 (7) ... 84 (7)
Mana: 3 Silver: 536

(at level 70), your current skill bonuses and ranks (including all modifiers) are:
Skill Name | Current Current
| Bonus Ranks
Armor Use..........................| 244 144
Shield Use.........................| 316 216
Combat Maneuvers...................| 244 144
Edged Weapons......................| 244 144
Ambush.............................| 140 40
Physical Fitness...................| 285 185
Dodging............................| 205 105
Survival...........................| 170 70
Stalking and Hiding................| 15 3
Perception.........................| 170 70
Climbing...........................| 130 35
Swimming...........................| 130 35
First Aid..........................| 170 70
Training Points: 0 Phy 12 Mnt (1108 Mnt converted to Phy)
PsiNet has recorded your current skills.
(Use SKILLS BASE to display unmodified ranks and goals)

Your 30 day migration period will begin when you choose to degrade a skill.

Edaarin
06-08-2004, 02:32 AM
Trading yields nothing with furriers.

Celexei
06-08-2004, 02:34 AM
hmmm, i thought 'Rumples was tellin me that it did?

Edaarin
06-08-2004, 02:34 AM
Drop Armor to 130.

You could drop PT to 2x, 40 ranks here or there doesn't make much difference.

If you're going to 3x shield, you don't need more than 1x dodge. Use a greatshield to maximize your shield use and don't worry too much about it hurting your dodging.

Drop those 3 ranks of S&H, they're useless.

TheEschaton
06-08-2004, 02:36 AM
I thought skinning was nerfed anyways?

-TheE-

Celexei
06-08-2004, 02:37 AM
well supposedly script skinning Faeroths makes a good 50-70k an hour, and this guys old enough to do a bit older things, so maybe there's more money in for it.

theotherjohn
06-08-2004, 02:39 AM
Have you considered this?

Why dont I just give you enough real life cash for the warrior to buy several years worth of skinning silvers?

Celexei
06-08-2004, 02:41 AM
LOL, you don't have that kinda cash, and its not my warrior to part with

Edaarin
06-08-2004, 02:43 AM
I make like 90k an hour (if that) skinning myklians with a zombie empath. 76 ranks FA/Survival. Last time I got 6 bundles of 10, and they sold for like 19k, 17k, 16k, 13k, 11k, and 10k.

theotherjohn
06-08-2004, 02:44 AM
Originally posted by Celexei
LOL, you don't have that kinda cash, and its not my warrior to part with

I have that kind of cash.

I will paypal you the equivalent of 20 million silver (300 US) without blinking for the warrior.

Note: 300 is the starting point for haggling

Celexei
06-08-2004, 02:46 AM
LOL, well since i'll be makin thirty mil a month if my plan actually works, maybe even more...why the hell would i settle for 20mil? kinda stupid on my behalf....and oh Edaarin....I asked rump again, and he guarantees me that trading does affect it.... and he also said dis one.

Private]-Barumples: "tell that viet he lies and is wrong"

Celexei
06-08-2004, 02:52 AM
whats your set up for skinning Ed? 2x on both? and do you have a good script for that all?

theotherjohn
06-08-2004, 02:53 AM
LOL, well since i'll be makin thirty mil a month if my plan actually works, maybe even more...why the hell would i settle for 20mil? kinda stupid on my behalf....and oh Edaarin....I asked rump again, and he guarantees me that trading does affect it.... and he also said dis one.

Private]-Barumples: "tell that viet he lies and is wrong"

better ask Mr Rolton how skins decrease in value the more you hunt and sell them before you start throwing out 30 mill a month

theotherjohn
06-08-2004, 03:04 AM
and I dont want to come across as mean in my prior posts. good luck and hope its fun for ya

Celexei
06-08-2004, 03:08 AM
hmmm, seems i may not have to change anything for skinning, since Edaarin says that his 76 ranks are good, 70 in both should be good, but don't have an empath to heal the hand minors for skinning em...hmmm, maybe try Raptors and Leopards, or if anyone else has any clues of good areas, that spawn well, and the skins don't go to bad, anyclues?

Mistomeer
06-08-2004, 09:28 AM
Skinning is nerfed. Before skinning changes, everyone was making around 200K and up per hour. 70K an hour is cool for now, but once you start script skinning it constantly, you'll be down to around 20K/hour and have to find something else.

Xcalibur
06-08-2004, 09:30 AM
Which is TOTALY ridiculous, by the way.

The only way to make good cash, now, is to have some disarming trap and bash your boxes (so boxhunt)

Edaarin
06-08-2004, 11:29 AM
76 ranks of FA and Survival each. I just have a bunch of macros set to kill, kneel, skin, and heal left hand/right hand which is why I can't cash hunt for more than an hour. It gets insanely boring.

Trust me, it's next to impossible to make a mill a day unless you can pick your own boxes AND are in some of the higher level areas (Skull Temple and beyond). I managed to make about 5 mill in a week and a half scripting the Rift with a cleric and picking the boxes with my rogue but the treasure has gone WAY down hill in the last few days.

Parkbandit
06-08-2004, 02:09 PM
I don't think anyone's mentioned that Dexterity stat has alot to do with your ability to skin as well. If you want this warrior to be a real skinning machine.. I would take a point from all other stats and put it into dexterity.

PERSONALLY... I would:

* drop the hiding ranks - 3 is useless and a waste.
* drop 10 ranks each of climbing and swimming.
* drop PT to 2x
* drop ambush... is 40 ranks really helping you aim at all?
* Change from OHE to 2 handed (unless you have a really good OHE weapon..)
* If you change from OHE to 2 handed, drop the shield training to 1x
* Get 1x Multi-opponent training (up to the point it hits the amount of critters you want it to)
* Drop 14 ranks in armor - Plate is only 130 I think
* Get 39 more ranks in dodging (if you drop to 2handed)
* Get to fully 1x in first aid
* Get to fully 1x in survival
* Get to fully 2x in trading
* Depending on your bashing skill in the guild.. put the rest of your training points into disarming

Mistomeer
06-08-2004, 02:52 PM
Trading is nice for gems and such, but it still doesn't help you at the furrier. You can get it if you want, but it's not going to make a difference when you're selling skins. If you really want to be good at skinning, you'd be better off going 2x FA, 1x Survival, and 40 ranks of Trading, just for gems.

SnatchWrangler
06-08-2004, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by Mistomeer
Trading is nice for gems and such, but it still doesn't help you at the furrier. You can get it if you want, but it's not going to make a difference when you're selling skins. If you really want to be good at skinning, you'd be better off going 2x FA, 1x Survival, and 40 ranks of Trading, just for gems.

Trading skill definately now adds into the value of your skins sold to the furrier. It came with the GS4 changes. It has severe diminishing returns though. 20-30 ranks is a good number to go for. After that, the percentage return for every 10 ranks after that is pretty damn poor.

I did some extensive testing of the skinning, town pricing, trading, first aid and survival skills during Beta.

Celexei
06-08-2004, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by Parkbandit
I don't think anyone's mentioned that Dexterity stat has alot to do with your ability to skin as well. If you want this warrior to be a real skinning machine.. I would take a point from all other stats and put it into dexterity.

PERSONALLY... I would:

* drop the hiding ranks - 3 is useless and a waste.
* drop 10 ranks each of climbing and swimming.
* drop PT to 2x
* drop ambush... is 40 ranks really helping you aim at all?
* Change from OHE to 2 handed (unless you have a really good OHE weapon..)
* If you change from OHE to 2 handed, drop the shield training to 1x
* Get 1x Multi-opponent training (up to the point it hits the amount of critters you want it to)
* Drop 14 ranks in armor - Plate is only 130 I think
* Get 39 more ranks in dodging (if you drop to 2handed)
* Get to fully 1x in first aid
* Get to fully 1x in survival
* Get to fully 2x in trading
* Depending on your bashing skill in the guild.. put the rest of your training points into disarming

Well i talked to him about it, he wants to keep OHE and shield, which i personally don't understand, but i've always been a bit biased for Two Handers.... He's also scared that if he drops climbing and swimming, he'll be drowning trying to get to the Rift and all, the ambushing does actually hit almost everytime, how? i have no clue but it honestly works, but i would like to see that stat go up, he wants to keep most of the things the same, because of redux, i'm tellin him he should at least up dodging and all, even though he doesn't want MOC...any other suggestions, if we were to go this way? right now i don't think trading is as important as i thought it was, so i'd be happy maybe going with disarm, because i don't know how many times i've died trying to bash boxes not knowing if they were trapped or not.... so any further suggestions?

Edaarin
06-08-2004, 09:01 PM
30 ranks of climb and swim will get you anywhere in the game.

Latrinsorm
06-08-2004, 09:04 PM
because i don't know how many times i've died trying to bash boxes not knowing if they were trapped or notSuggestion: don't bash boxes...

...unless they're disarmed or lockless.

Celexei
06-08-2004, 09:08 PM
well obviously, thats why i'm probably gonna put into disarming

Mistomeer
06-09-2004, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by SnatchWrangler

Originally posted by Mistomeer

Trading skill definately now adds into the value of your skins sold to the furrier. It came with the GS4 changes. It has severe diminishing returns though. 20-30 ranks is a good number to go for. After that, the percentage return for every 10 ranks after that is pretty damn poor.

I did some extensive testing of the skinning, town pricing, trading, first aid and survival skills during Beta.

I used to skin 9 hours a day during my 30 day migration. Trading never really made a difference. The thing that makes a difference is pelt quality which is determined by how much damage you do to kill it and FA/Survival ranks.

I would suggest anyone get 30-40 ranks of Trading anyway. After that, it's not work the TP.

TheEschaton
06-09-2004, 10:20 AM
Well, if he can ambush, just ambush something not critical to the skin. If the skin is a "pelt", ambush an eye/head/neck. If the pelt is a horn or a tooth, ambush the abdomen/chest/back.

That alone will make you much more money than just randomly killing the thing.

Hooves? Stay away from the limbs.

-TheE-

Xcalibur
06-09-2004, 11:05 AM
I still would avise the guy to be a basher/picker instead of picking.

You get more cash, and you get exprience if you really underhunt which skinning won't give you.

Booh simu for one of the worst change in gs: nerfing skinning:(

Mistomeer
06-09-2004, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by TheEschaton
Well, if he can ambush, just ambush something not critical to the skin. If the skin is a "pelt", ambush an eye/head/neck. If the pelt is a horn or a tooth, ambush the abdomen/chest/back.

That alone will make you much more money than just randomly killing the thing.

Hooves? Stay away from the limbs.

-TheE-

Exactly. Evil Eye was always the best for skinning.