PDA

View Full Version : If you are too stupid to make a creative name...

Shari
06-07-2004, 11:08 PM
I refer you to google.

After which accessing google...type in "Baby Names".

Click on virtually ANY of the many sites provided.

Search around and pick out a few different/unique names that might not be picked in game.

USE ONE OF THOSE FUCKING CHOICES INSTEAD OF ONES LIKE....Zzyuul, or Swwonn.

:soapbox:

That is all.

Chadj
06-07-2004, 11:10 PM
What about Chadj? :(

Bobmuhthol
06-07-2004, 11:13 PM
Yeah except you mixed up the good method with the bad method. An original name is so much better than one that is tied to something OOG.

THAT MEANS GOOGLE.

Shari
06-07-2004, 11:14 PM
I think my major beef lies with those that use two letters next to each other that would make ZERO sense phonetically when said out loud. And those with two words together to make a name...such as: Runningwater. I was even expecting him to be human with dark skin, black hair..and a feather headdress.

I know this should probably be in the bad names thread. But REALLY...I was trying to educate those who are clueless you can find good names online. :saint:

Back
06-07-2004, 11:15 PM
C. - Celtic Warrior

P. - Middle English - Valued

I come on like a pacifist though. ;)

Chadj
06-07-2004, 11:15 PM
Chadj makes zero sense when spelt phonetically... Cause everyone reads it differently..

Shari
06-07-2004, 11:16 PM
Yeah but do we really need a Zzyuul running around? And who gives a shit if its found on google if it falls under the genre and rules of the game?

Shari
06-07-2004, 11:18 PM
Alright Chadj. I'm not gonna lie...your name makes me nuts too.

Just promise me any other characters you make wont follow the same path.

Bobmuhthol
06-07-2004, 11:19 PM
<<And who gives a shit if its found on google if it falls under the genre and rules of the game?>>

Hmm.. I'm pretty sure I made it clear that I do. You're being unoriginal in a roleplaying game. Not to mention going about it gayly. A baby name site? It'd be good if I were, say, having a baby. Not picking a name to go by in a game.

:banghead:

Chadj
06-07-2004, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by Jesae
Alright Chadj. I'm not gonna lie...your name makes me nuts too.

Just promise me any other characters you make wont follow the same path.

I was 7 then, not now. You've met like.. 5 of my other chars. You should know :P

Bobmuhthol
06-07-2004, 11:20 PM
<<Yeah but do we really need a Zzyuul running around?>>

Yes, yes we do. I prefer Zzyuul over any googled shit like Yuanita. Nobody copied it, they made it up.

And even though I didn't make my name, it's still completely original as it's a compilation of random letters.

Back
06-07-2004, 11:21 PM
Oh! I get it. Game names... I posted the meaning of my real first and last name.

Game names. Tons of sites out there. Hold on.

Tons (http://directory.google.com/Top/Games/Roleplaying/World_Building/Names/Generators/)

Some dude, Elilad I think, posted this on Inferno boards. Its even sticky.

Shari
06-07-2004, 11:25 PM
This is one of those discussions with Bob that will only end if I stop debating with him, or I sew his hands to his lap. Unfortunately I don't think I have any needles.

Bobmuhthol
06-07-2004, 11:26 PM
I'm loving those cop-outs.

Shari
06-07-2004, 11:32 PM
I'm not copping out. I just realized that having an argument with someone who used the GS name generator to make his character name and says THAT isn't ooc...isn't worth getting into an intelligent argument with.

Still love ya though.

Chadj
06-07-2004, 11:34 PM
Touché

Back
06-07-2004, 11:38 PM
You just got burned, Bobmu-randomnamegenerator.

TheEschaton
06-07-2004, 11:59 PM
A baby name site? It'd be good if I were, say, having a baby. Not picking a name to go by in a game.

Hell, they're not even good to pick out babies names with, or anything. Not that I've ever done that.

-TheE-