PDA

View Full Version : Who is the best GM you've ever worked with?

Drew
06-07-2004, 05:14 AM
Who is the best GM you've ever worked with? Or your personal favorite from messages or posts or just interaction with them?

My personal fav. is GM Wolv who according to the list of GMs doesn't work at Simu anymore, but the few times I worked with him I always found him to be extremely helpful and personable.

-Drew

Galleazzo
06-07-2004, 06:41 AM
I know others had problems but I always got good service from Kennesaw.

HarmNone
06-07-2004, 08:02 AM
I always liked Khaladon and Aelsidhe (I can't remember for sure how she spelled that :( ). Both had a great sense of humor, and always seemed to try to be fair.

HarmNone

Snapp
06-07-2004, 08:08 AM
My personal favorite is Andraste... I've always had great interactions with her, even though others have said differently. Mindra's also extremely nice.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
06-07-2004, 08:28 AM
I like Krash, Khalidon, Varevice and Mahegh, off the top of my head. But really, they all seem pretty cool to me, even the ones I disagree with seem pretty cool.

Miss X
06-07-2004, 09:23 AM
:heart: Ysbail, Mindra and Roxia. They are totally the best! :)

Parkbandit
06-07-2004, 09:47 AM
Since I stopped reading the Official Message boards.. I have no problems with any of the GMs. :)

Chadj
06-07-2004, 09:51 AM
My favourite is Khaladon, cause he RPs with Chadj all the time.

Andraste is another fav of mine, just because I've had good experiences with her.

TheEschaton
06-07-2004, 11:38 AM
Stump. ;)

-TheE-

SiKWiDiT
06-07-2004, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by Parkbandit
Since I stopped reading the Official Message boards.. I have no problems with any of the GMs. :)

..... :yeahthat:

Nieninque
06-07-2004, 12:01 PM
Khaladon, Sirina and Kyalia, not necessarily in that order

Edaarin
06-07-2004, 12:21 PM
I don't have enough interactions with GM's to really name one that's a favorite. I might get an assist with a GM once every few years, if that (the last time was like a year or two ago to get EXP back from a decay after the game crashed). However I like Ildran's posts on the official boards, and I can appreciate the amount of time Taelrand has spent trying to crank out Lock Mastery.

GM's I have problems with, on the other hand...nevermind, this is Gemstone Gems. :whistle:

Shari
06-07-2004, 12:29 PM
Likely Khaladon and Kyalia. Neither one more than the other. Kyalia lets you pull off the craziest (and most rediculous) alterations and she almost always gives me an rpa. Khaladon is hilarious and usually likes to mess with Jesae, especially when she's playing Dragonbones.

SnatchWrangler
06-07-2004, 12:38 PM
Khaladon, Zyllah, and Kyalia. Khal because of his gambling and overall good customer service. Zyllah was insanely nice in replacing my shield I've had for 5+ years, and Kyalia for her overall happiness during the ridiculous 8+ hour merchant shifts she pulls.

Skirmisher
06-07-2004, 01:34 PM
Wolv and Andraste both impressed me in my dealings with them.

Kitsun
06-07-2004, 01:40 PM
Khaladon, Kyalia and Voraveil(sp) are tons of fun to deal with when they're doing merchants. V does tend to get a wee bit spooky some days.

I don't really have much interaction from GM's otherwise.

Anebriated
06-07-2004, 01:50 PM
Kyalia for some good interactions i have had with her lately and Mitra for all the work she has done and continues to do with the PRO's. Despite my leaving the ATK I still think Mitra deserves some Kudos for all the work she has put into the system.

Hulkein
06-07-2004, 02:17 PM
I'd have to say my favorite and most rational is Andraste. She was always nice and levelheaded.

Amaron
06-07-2004, 02:34 PM
Kyalia, Khaladon, Mitra, Mindra, Jharra, Lothwyn, Voraviel, roxia, Andraste, Sirina, Hunterliegh and Tigermist for the great customer service and help I have recevied over the years....

Specifically I love the way Jharra and Sirina rp their merchants.

Mitra for all her hardwork in the PROs.

mindra and roxia for their hard work with the mentors.

Khaladon and Voraivel and Lothwyn for their help with feature alters... and the later two for tearing Solhaven upside down.

Tigermist for all her understanding with a few problems I had when cutting out a premium account.

hunterleigh for working on a custom script I won in a timly fashion.

Mikos for his help with some Solhaven things including finding the celebration barge last year when we needed it.

And last Ozais for the loresong he added to several of my items when I entered a contest he ran at ebons...

Its hard to pick one because they all have stregnths and weaknesses but try their best.

J

06-07-2004, 02:37 PM
Possibly Khaladon? Also Khaladon.. Khaladon I think, maybe Khaladon. Probably Khaladon.. Khaladon, yeah.

Oh and props to Andraste and Stealth for combining a sick element of violence with a twist of humour.

Galleazzo
06-07-2004, 03:48 PM
I ain't a huge Khaladon fan really. But Jharra does the best freaking items in the world, and can't forget Miriani.

:aww:

DeV
06-07-2004, 03:52 PM
Hunterleigh was very nice to deal with. Jharra was also a great help and actually knows a thing or two about customer service. :beer:

Kitsun
06-07-2004, 05:15 PM
For the life of me I can't tell most GM's from their merchant exterior. The ones I do know are vocal on the boards or have their wares mentioned.

Stealth comes out with some wicked cool items.

TheRoseLady
06-07-2004, 07:57 PM
Man - It's hard as hell to say just one. I love Khaladon, Siani, Kyalia, Andraste, Elbrion.

Voraviel is just such a strange guy that he just makes really cool things. His merchants are really fun.

Mitra is amazingly talented. Coase just blows me away with his grasp of economics. Warden - despite the bad press that he gets - made a world of difference with my wizard.

Ildran is a good sport, a nice and positive presence on the boards, as is Solli.

Kabosh and Tigermist work really hard on Premium.

Thanthyl is really talented, his treasure hunt on the Spitfire was just great fun.

Stealth is not only cute as can be :heart: - but his merchants can be really fun.

Hunterleigh makes really nice girly items. I love feminine things and she really does a great job.

Technically - Melissa is not a GM but I think she does a great job trying to run this game.

Now ask me about those who need some customer service lessons... :soapbox:

-TRL

Edited to add my signature.

[Edited on 6-7-2004 by TheRoseLady]

Hips
06-07-2004, 07:59 PM
Voraviel - Michiko :heart: his merchant Verrath.

Khaladon, Andraste, and Kyalia are all wonderful too.

Atlanteax
06-07-2004, 08:00 PM
I found several GMs who would be qualify as a "good GM to work with" from my personal experience in the Lands.

Such as Khaladon, Mahegh, Stealth, Hunterleigh, Kylaia, and others.

I would say that Kylaia is the "best" Merchanting GM I've ever dealt with.

Varsus
06-07-2004, 08:15 PM
My best interaction ever was with Hunterleigh.

My favorite GM is Cirakin

-Varsus

Varsus
06-07-2004, 08:16 PM
Um and Andraste is the devil, which means super cool.

-Varsus

Kurili
06-07-2004, 10:31 PM
I've really never had a problem with any of them. Well, one I do like less than some others, but oh well.

Favorites I guess, another for Khaladon and Andraste. Lothwyn.

Kurili

Weedmage Princess
06-08-2004, 08:45 AM
I love love love Kyalia, Magegh is/was one of my faves (didn't he leave? If not, he stays on the list.) ..and a new favorite is Thanthyl. Let me tell you, that guy absolutely rocks. Nothing else can be said. <3 Thanthyl.

These are the GMs I've interacted with the most, so that's why I can call them my "favorites." I have had pleasant dealings with a few others as well, including Aaron, Elowyn, Andraste, Brauden and a couple of others.

I want to say I'm pleasantly surprised to hear so many nice things about Hunterleigh. Given her history with a few really good buddies of mine and other stories I've heard, I really didn't expect much from her as a GM. Looks like I'm eating some crow. ;) Although I haven't interacted with her as a GM, I know she did quite a bit for the Plat community (while she was there, she's moved to weddings now.) and so many others (including the biggest and harshest critiques in the world--the PC!!!) she clearly knows what she's doing and clearly cares about helping people out, which is always a good thing.

Have I mentioned how much Thanthyl rocks?!?!?!?!

Edited because HOW CAN I FORGET ILLUSION?!?! He rocks, too!!!

[Edited on 6-17-2004 by Weedmage Princess]

HouseofElves
06-17-2004, 02:53 AM
The gold is a tie. Voraviel and Lothwyn. They are just brilliant and evil, the best combo. I honestly do not think anyone has them beat for just sheer talent and dedication. Plus they make teh uber hot NPCs.

Ildran and Andraste because they are the sweetest people ever.

And Jharra for being the queen of femme merchants and one-on-one interaction. Most other NPCs cause you to react to them, but she creates NPCs that react you your character and their situation. She totally does her homework on characters and their stories.

06-17-2004, 03:54 AM
Khaladon

06-17-2004, 03:55 AM
Stealth and Andraste too.

LordSagan
06-17-2004, 11:51 AM
Bah...I was the best GM I ever worked with ;)

Edited to add: Although, I must admit when I was a player....Elvanion rocked...Gira was awesome...Fawn, as always, goes without saying. Also, all of the staff I worked with were great people, but Aelsidhe was the bomb.

[Edited on 6-17-2004 by LordSagan]

Straight-up
06-17-2004, 02:35 PM
I had very good experiences with Jaxxon, Sayzor..;), Andraste, Aelsidhe and Brauden. I had bad ones with Kristing, Stump and Draug. Mainly getting warned for "shit"...literally that would not get a warning today. I haven't had alot of experience with alot of the new GMs so I can't comment on them much. Aaron is always cool though.

Straight

Izalude
06-18-2004, 01:33 AM
Mitra, Khaladon, Kyalia and Sirina in no particular order. They all rock!