PDA

View Full Version : Town seminar from Simucon

theotherjohn
06-06-2004, 02:15 AM
Icemule
* Rat Races
* Defensive enhancements
* Picking well improvements.
* New drinks and food added to the inns!
* Higher weapon standards
* Can you say snowcones?!

Pete:
I don't know anything about the first thing on that list. What is that?
(Someone else: We're finally opening the rat race tent that's been closed for 7 years now. There's gonna be rats you can bet on in a number of different events, modeled on the town of Icemule. 10 rats, different attributes. Some are fat, some of stupid.)
Defensive enhancements, Icemule has walls. You're gonna get to climb them. We have towers you're gonna get to go up in, we have flags that was designed by a brand new GM that are waving over the city in development as we speak. we're not getting the alarm system, the gates aren't gonna slam shut yet, that'ls probably gonna be a November release. You are gonna climb up on the walls and be responsible for keeping them clear of ice and kobolds and whatever else will jump up there from time to time. Some new food in the inns, but I got excited by the quality of the food and drinks and the npc who will be serving them, so I didn't finish...
There is going to be vultite in the weapon shop, and as soon as Warden's team has his nifty weapons backroom system up, we are going to get that. we are also going to have a snowgnome. We are going to have a gnome wheeling a contraption around town selling snowcones, and they have 64 flavors and a big wheel you can spin and get a random flavor out of. We have released a lot of things sincethe last time I did an npc, so we have things like citizenship, so when you ask this npc questions, he doesn't really like halflings much, so if you're a halfing, he gives you a different set of responses to the question, and he doesn't trust other bloodlines of gnomes, so if you're one kind, he gives on one set, and another kind a different set, so he'll be fun playing with depending on which type of character you are.
mark: Snowcones, will you be able to throw them at people?
P: *(stunned silence.)*
Mitra: Pete, you can say no
P: You can eat them. Quickly. The coolest thing about the snowcones I guess is that they turn into slushies after an hour, and after another hour they turn into drinks, and after a third hour they turn into soggy cones.

Question: What are going to be the picking well improvements?
P: Yeah, we're gonna enhance the picking well. There's another super double secret thing getting released next Thursdayish in Icemule that I'm not talking about because Brauden and Mitra are talking about tomorrow. We needed fresh water for that project, so the picking well is going to get cleaned up. While you can still throw trash in it, it will threaten your citizenship if you do. If you are a citizen, you'll get yelled at, when you draw water out of it, broken lockpicks and empty boxes will sometimes come up with the water. You can jump up on the well, and you will be seen to be sitting on it while you sit there and get your boxes picked. If you lean against it, sometimes the stucco will stick you in the back. It's really to make it a slightly funner place to hang out, but it also has the function of being a real live well now