PDA

View Full Version : Rift messaging

poloneus
10-24-2011, 01:44 PM
Starting this thread as a tribute to all the cool flavor messaging in the Rift.

This was Plane 2

[The Rift]
Rows of sarcophagi line the rough stone walls of the corridor. They remain tightly shut, although hopeless moans emanate from within the sealed boxes. At the head of the hallway leans a mummy. His arms are crossed over his chest, bound by the shrouds that cover the large frame. From his back sprout two wings, also wrapped within the bandages. Although perhaps a trick of the dim light, you could swear you saw one of the wings move.
Obvious paths: northeast, east, southeast
>

A pool of blood wells out of the ground at your feet. Looking down, you see a ghastly reflection of yourself in the pool. Your reflection mouths the words, "You will die here...", before the pool drains back into the ground.

Makkah
10-24-2011, 02:32 PM
Aephir was the shit

Doughboy
10-24-2011, 03:45 PM
Aephir was the shit

Agreed.

Atlanteax
10-24-2011, 04:20 PM
I think the drama with him, GM/Staff-side, was that he wanted to accomplish too much, and others were being sticks-in-mud.

Makkah
10-24-2011, 05:12 PM
He posted his Voln overhaul plans on the boards before he ran it by Banthis, etc. I wish I could see that shit again.

Archigeek
10-24-2011, 05:30 PM
Yeah I think I can count all the positive changes to voln since I started playing in 1996 on one hand. Wait, no hands! Back to the messaging though, I think my favorite is the car one.

Archigeek
10-24-2011, 09:11 PM
I'm just going to post them as I see them:

Held aloft by a withered hand in glossy black chain mail, a brilliant silver broadsword breaks through the ground before you. Ripples ride over the ground slowly as the sword wavers in the air. Suddenly, a rich, deep red blood begins to run from the point of the blade down the blood groove to bloody the hand. A moment later the hand and sword sink beneath the ground and it is as if they were never there.

poloneus
03-04-2012, 02:32 PM
Drop room on Plane 2:

A skeletal dog clatters up to you, sniffs at the ground at your feet, then collapses into a pile of bones that quickly turn to dust and blow away.

Changeling
03-04-2012, 11:54 PM
Plane 1. This one freaked me out the very first time I saw it and I instantly cast minor sanct out of panic:

A dark figure just arrived!

As the dark figure approaches you, you can see that its skin is rotting away and what little remains of its clothing barely covers the maggots crawling over its body. As it nears its decaying speeds up to the point where when it reaches you, it is a mere pile of ragged clothes and squirming maggots.

Changeling
03-04-2012, 11:56 PM
Here's the classic car one Archigeek mentioned:

A hulking metallic beast with enormous piercing yellow eyes comes roaring out of the distance and speeds by you, leaving only a noxious smelling smoke in its wake.

poloneus
05-11-2013, 01:58 AM
Plane 1
A featureless face pushes its ways up out of the ground at your feet. It turns left and then right before opening its "mouth" in a silent scream!

poloneus
09-20-2013, 10:29 PM
Plane 3
Suddenly, your vision flutters like a flag in a strong wind. You blink back the confusion and open your eyes again and all is normal...or is it...