PDA

View Full Version : Why grandma should not have internet access.

Sam
10-16-2011, 05:33 PM
So my wife posted this picture on facebook, and of course it shows up when my grandma logs in.

http://www.spirithalloween.com/images/spirit/products/processed/01069541.zoom.a.jpg

Grandma: Sam are you home?
Grandma: Please get that horrid pic off of fb..There are children in this world that are being abused like that..and it makes grandma sick to see it..I can't avoid it because it is staring right in the face when I open fb! There is nothing funny about it..If we saw something like this on the front page of a newspaper anytime during the year it would be appalling..
Grandma: I know it a Halloween thing but geez, grandson you could do better than that..I would think.
Me: hey i didn't post that
Me: i'm at work!
Me: that's my wife
Me: you can click that little arrow on the top right of the picture to hide it
Me: you can click "hide story"
Grandma: You have a beautiful little girl, Sam, and if it was a pumpkin or some such thing it would be different. You should take it off and not share it with anyone..It's totally disgusting and frightening!!
Grandma: There are sicko's out there that might find that "funny" but to me it's offensive!
Grandma: Makes me think of that gal just recently who was found not guilty of killing her little girl...damned duck tape on her little mouth, nose and eyes..She should spend the rest of her life behind bars.
Grandma: Most of society is not happy with the jury's decision and she will pay the price for what she has done..that family knows something and a little girl who should be alive and thriving is dead!
Grandma: grandma's heart is beating like a sledge hammer!
Grandma: Probably give me a freakin' nightmare!
Grandma: There is no humor in that!
Me: the internet is a scary place grandma
Grandma: My goodness Samuel, if that was posted as an animal looking like that it would be consider abuse..
Me: It's just a doll..
Grandma: that's why I don't understand.
Me: it's a zombie baby
Grandma: I know that but still it has no place on there.
Me: everything has a place on the internet
Me: That's pretty tame to be honest
Me: By internet standards
Grandma: "tame" does not excuse it.
Grandma: not necessary is more to the point.
Grandma: Have a nice..later
Grandma: day
Me: you too!

Warriorbird
10-16-2011, 05:38 PM
Whee, relatives on the Internet! People ask me to explain AIM invisibility and my trimmed Facebook sometimes...

TheEschaton
10-16-2011, 05:40 PM
I defriended all of my family awhile back, best decision ever.

ETA: It took a little while longer to weed out the folks who informed my parents of things I put on my FB, but I got those motherfuckers too.

Inspire
10-16-2011, 05:41 PM
Me: the internet is a scary place grandma

lol

Gweneivia
10-16-2011, 07:44 PM
Grandma: Please get that horrid pic off of fb..There are children in this world that are being abused like that..

I can't tell you how many children I see, turned into zombies and forced to eat brains. It's a terrible thing and your Grandma is right! Shame on you!

:rofl:

Lord Orbstar
10-17-2011, 01:23 AM
um, the right thing to do would have been to take it off the facebook page. You gain nothing by having it on and lost a little respect of your own grandmother. Ya, I guess the internet can be scary.

Was she over the top? to us, yes. To her, no. That is what matters.

/on Empathy.

Cusack
10-17-2011, 01:36 AM
Yes Grandmother, children are being forced to eat brains all over the world.

TheEschaton
10-17-2011, 01:46 AM
um, the right thing to do would have been to take it off the facebook page. You gain nothing by having it on and lost a little respect of your own grandmother. Ya, I guess the internet can be scary.

/on Empathy.

Grandma has to get with the times, imo. Or at least know her time is over, and the time of zombie baby dolls eating brains is begun.

diethx
10-17-2011, 03:11 AM
You should send grandma a link to 2g1c.

Sam
10-17-2011, 05:00 AM

/on Empathy.

Why do you hate freedom?

Divone
10-17-2011, 07:30 AM
I once posted "Do I make you horny baby?" to a friend and my father asked me to stop being so racy.

I feel your pain.

Showal
10-17-2011, 08:04 AM
Ha one time I became friends with some guy at work on facebook and my father commented on it with how I should join his gang in mafia wars because he wanted his mafia stronger or some shit.

Bye from facebook, dad!

Sam
10-17-2011, 08:18 AM
http://www.forum.gsplayers.com/images/reputation/reputation_neg.gif Why grandma should not... (http://www.forum.gsplayers.com/showthread.php?p=1346116#post1346116) 10-17-2011 05:03 AM Its so funny that your grandma is old and that you wont even take an easy step to make her happy when she probably only has a few years before she dies. You're so edgy and cool!

Keller
10-17-2011, 09:14 AM

Or give me grandma's email and I'll send it to her.

Sam
10-17-2011, 09:23 AM
Or give me grandma's email and I'll send it to her.

She obviously shouldn't be roaming free on the internet. I told my wife not to take this down, because grandma needs to know the internets are dangerous. Of course after my grandma sent her like 4 emails, she took it down...

Atlanteax
10-17-2011, 10:05 AM
http://www.forum.gsplayers.com/images/reputation/reputation_neg.gif Why grandma should not... (http://www.forum.gsplayers.com/showthread.php?p=1346116#post1346116) 10-17-2011 05:03 AM Its so funny that your grandma is old and that you wont even take an easy step to make her happy when she probably only has a few years before she dies. You're so edgy and cool!

Heh, and I'd say it was impressive that being late 20s (guess-estimate as minimum for being married) ... you have a grandmother that is apparently able to handle computers decently well.

AnticorRifling
10-17-2011, 10:07 AM
Probably best to have her just start posting here, things will sort themselves out and that picture won't seem so bad.

Buckwheet
10-17-2011, 10:23 AM
You should unleash 4chan on your Grandma in retaliation.

Drew
10-17-2011, 12:16 PM
I agree with Orbstar, just take it down out of respect. Old people have earned the right to be overly sensitive.

AnticorRifling
10-17-2011, 12:17 PM

/on Empathy.

Unless she has a dog then you straight up kill that fucker for being a dog!!! Right Orbstar?!

TheEschaton
10-17-2011, 12:36 PM
Drew, you're not on the right side of an argument when you're agreeing with Orbstar.

Drew
10-17-2011, 02:03 PM
Ok, I agree with myself that it's just nice to be respectful to old people. Shows good manners.

Liagala
10-17-2011, 02:12 PM
I agree with everyone else that Grandma here is showing her sheltered, non-internet-savvy self... but I also agree with Drew. She's old, she probably made you cookies and spoiled you rotten as a kid - humor her, even if she is going overboard.

Lord Orbstar
10-18-2011, 01:45 PM
Bingo.

To anticor...only if it kills my kid's rabbit.

To escthshdjjon...conservatively, I estimate it is always more advantageous to be on the Right side of any issue. although showing respect ( even if you have to roll your eyes ) to friends and family is not just Right, it is right.

Brute...I love freedom an my grandma, i aint no commie!

Methais
10-18-2011, 02:01 PM

Related:
http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/292003_10150327459567535_510457534_8067069_2331411 09_n.jpg

Sam
10-18-2011, 02:02 PM
Well my wife took it down, but I won't be held responsible when my grandma stumbles across goatse because she thinks the internet respects her sensitivities.

The whole situation is rather odd, because my grandma is pretty vulgar at times. Maybe she's on some new medication or was having a bad day. Hell, my daughter was at the halloween store where my wife took that picture (not the exact same picture that i posted, but that was the doll) and she was laughing at all the "scary" shit.