PDA

View Full Version : this is still so fun.

theotherjohn
06-04-2004, 03:25 AM
>
You feel a rumble come from beneath your feet.
Dirt and rock explode from the ground beneath you as a scaled mountain worm erupts from underground and crashes onto the surface!
Rocks and dirt pelt you as you are thrown into the air!
... 60 points of damage!
Strike to your abdomen ruptures your internal organs!

It seems you have died, my friend. Although you cannot do anything, you are keenly aware of what is going on around you...

You mentally give a sigh of relief as you remember that the Goddess Lorminstra owes you a favor.

...departing in 16 mins...

theotherjohn
06-04-2004, 03:35 AM
this is what makes it so "fun"

73 train warrior with 5x crit padded plate

150 ranks in the following (full 2x)
Armor Use
Shield Use
Combat Maneuvers
Edged Weapons
Brawling
Dodge

225 ranks (full 3x)
Physical Fitness

and I die to a stupid little belly wound.

Stunseed
06-04-2004, 05:27 AM
Wished I'd saved my death from the ball effect from a cold blast with a 101 endroll.

Galleazzo
06-04-2004, 05:42 AM
Yeah, at least back when you got to see that there was an open ended crit roll. I'd be kinda peeved too if I died like that. 150 frigging ranks in Dodge, you'd think that'd getyou something.

theotherjohn
06-04-2004, 07:12 AM
and the stupid worms change my profile to the below. I liked the battle thralls much better

Profession: Hiresword
Race: Dwarf Gender: Male
He currently has full citizenship in Wehnimer's Landing.
Guildmaster of the Warrior Guild
Strongest foe vanquished: a scaled mountain worm

Quote: "For the money that you pay me I have no problem killing clerics, wizards, sorcerers, bards, warriors, rogues and even empaths but remember I would happily kill you for free"

Stunseed
06-04-2004, 07:32 AM
Mine was that until I killed one of those swaggering shan overlords in the lastest Sol invasion.

Also, that is far too blantant copyright from the Last Samurai.

theotherjohn
06-04-2004, 07:55 AM
Originally posted by Stunseed
Mine was that until I killed one of those swaggering shan overlords in the lastest Sol invasion.

Also, that is far too blantant copyright from the Last Samurai.

oh god. I hope they do not sue me....

Parkbandit
06-04-2004, 08:39 AM
One word.

Plate.

Wezas
06-04-2004, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by Parkbandit
One word.

Plate.

My thoughts exactly when I saw him list his gear/training.

Artha
06-04-2004, 08:58 AM
It's definitely the plate.

Trinitis
06-04-2004, 11:02 AM
On one side, yes the platemail slows your dodging. But I still disagree with the crit. He was "pelted" with dirt and rocks. This is not "crushed" Its pelted. I want to see someone kill a man (dwarf..) wearing metal plate from head to toe and a shield by throwing rocks. Its a joke.

Parkbandit
06-04-2004, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by LordAdredrin
On one side, yes the platemail slows your dodging. But I still disagree with the crit. He was "pelted" with dirt and rocks. This is not "crushed" Its pelted. I want to see someone kill a man (dwarf..) wearing metal plate from head to toe and a shield by throwing rocks. Its a joke.

I agree.. it's bullshit. Like the stone hand attack in Illoke... Walk in and immediately get nailed by that stone hand. Completely unencumbered... fully 2x dodge... only wearing hauberk... high dex, strength, const, agil...

Sad part is.. he has a MUCH better chance of hunting those type of maneuvers in robes than in plate.