PDA

View Full Version : Damn it Celtar's here and life is now going to suck thread

Parkbandit
06-03-2004, 10:00 AM
Just doing as he wishes :)

Let's discuss Celtar and his horrible habit of making stoopid elf characters.

:moon:

Soulpieced
06-03-2004, 10:00 AM
Stoopid elf.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
06-03-2004, 10:31 AM
Halflings rule, Elves drool.

Trinitis
06-03-2004, 10:33 AM
Halflin's are the shizned.

Too bad I don't have any halflin char's :(

Parkbandit
06-03-2004, 10:37 AM
Dwarfs are the real race of choice. All others pale in comparison.

Miss X
06-03-2004, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by Suppa Hobbit Mage
Halflings rule, Elves drool.

:yes: My thoughts exactly.

AnticorRifling
06-03-2004, 10:43 AM
Races as listed best to worst:

Giants

Dwarves

Whatever else is left

Parkbandit
06-03-2004, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by AnticorRifling
Races as listed best to worst:

Giants

Dwarves

Whatever else is left

Ok.. at least you put Dwarves in the top 2. I won't disown you like I threatened to.

Edaarin
06-03-2004, 10:45 AM
Park only says that because of his fetish for hairy ladies.

AnticorRifling
06-03-2004, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by Edaarin
Park only says that because of his fetish for hairy ladies.

Edaarin only says that out of anger. He can't grow any body hair so if someone has any stuble he cries inside.

Edaarin
06-03-2004, 10:53 AM
Hmm. Touche.

Whenever Anticor posts something that I can't immediately come up with an answer for, all I need to do is post two words.

Boom Boom.

I win.

Artha
06-03-2004, 10:54 AM
You forgot to put humans right over Giants, Anticor.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
06-03-2004, 11:02 AM
SUPER HUGS TO MY SUPER FAMILY!

Racial preference, best to last;

Halflings
Dwarves
Half-Krolvin
Any Gnome
Human
Giant
Any Elf

theotherjohn
06-03-2004, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by Parkbandit
Let's discuss Celtar and his horrible habit of making stoopid elf characters.

who :?:

CeltarLomion
06-03-2004, 11:38 AM
Your just jealous because I don't have to pluck hair out of my nose and ears like you do, Falgrin. You low brow, knuckle dragging, crotch sniffing dwarf.

Celtar

Parkbandit
06-03-2004, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by CeltarLomion
Your just jealous because I don't have to pluck hair out of my nose and ears like you do, Falgrin. You low brow, knuckle dragging, crotch sniffing dwarf.

Celtar

Ok.. you have me there.

Falgrin IS a crotch sniffer... but only with the good looking lasses.

HarmNone
06-03-2004, 11:45 AM
Here, now! I rather like elves! Especially, handsome blonde elves! Of course, I'm also fond of giants, and dwarves, and humans, and halflings....as long as it's male, I'm fond of it! :D

HarmNone, elf connoisseur and general male appreciator

CeltarLomion
06-03-2004, 11:45 AM
>>Jim, you two are in Walla Walla? Or Yakima? I can't remember. I'm thinking you two are the ones I had a short conversation about Claar Cellers on the offical boards..

LordAdredrin<< From another topic<<

Yakima, yep we spoke about Claar Cellars. :)

Jim

Parkbandit
06-03-2004, 11:52 AM
Learn how to use quotes...
dumbass

PS - Heh.. I had to delete my first attempt at this because I fucked it up :)

Wezas
06-03-2004, 12:21 PM
Best to worst:

Giants

All other non-Dirt Elf races

Dirt Elves

Hips
06-03-2004, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by Suppa Hobbit Mage
SUPER HUGS TO MY SUPER FAMILY!

Racial preference, best to last;

Halflings
Dwarves
Half-Krolvin
Any Gnome
Human
Giant
Any Elf

You forgot "Michiko," she should be right under Halflings. :D

Latrinsorm
06-03-2004, 12:58 PM
Anyone who puts Gnomes (and to a lesser extent, any other race) ahead of Humans is pitiful.

AnticorRifling
06-03-2004, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by Latrinsorm
Anyone who puts Gnomes (and to a lesser extent, any other race) ahead of Humans is pitiful.

Why would humans top the list?

Humans - Hi we are only so so in everything...YAWN

Latrinsorm
06-03-2004, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by AnticorRifling
Why would humans top the list?They're neither elves, dwarves, nor halflings. I doubt anyone honestly considers the new, or "stupid", races as tops, and Giantkin is really just a subset of Human.

Parkbandit
06-03-2004, 01:09 PM
Humans are average in everything. While they have no weaknesses, they have no strengths either.

I would hardly put them on top of any list. At best, they will be in the middle.

Drew2
06-03-2004, 01:19 PM
Isn't Celtar the guy that was all PSINET SUX0R!!!!! on the Official Boards?

In that case, :moon:

CeltarLomion
06-03-2004, 03:28 PM
Yep, I have concerns about Psinet and its long term effects on the game. No big deal, I posted my thoughts and that was it. I didn't attack Brian/Jamus by any means btw. I think he's ok in my book.

Sorry if I offended by having an opinion on something.

Jim

AnticorRifling
06-03-2004, 03:29 PM

Jim

That is the saddest thing I've ever heard, sad on so many levels.

Nakiro
06-03-2004, 03:29 PM
Humans are the best BECAUSE we have no weakness.

Halflings are second best because they generate spirit like a weed and can swing a lance in five seconds.

Giants are third best because they can swing anything else decent, have tons of blood, and decent spirit regen.

People even play elves???? Why?

Oh yah, any gnome is horrible because it comes out of the alley encumbered in the craptacular shit it is wearing.

Half elves are okay.

Anebriated
06-03-2004, 03:33 PM
I think I play 3 elves a human and a giant... Elves are by far my favorite, dont know why though.

Trinitis
06-03-2004, 03:52 PM
>>Jim, you two are in Walla Walla? Or Yakima? I can't remember. I'm thinking you two are the ones I had a short conversation about Claar Cellers on the offical boards..

LordAdredrin<< From another topic<<

Yakima, yep we spoke about Claar Cellars. :)

Jim

Did you all ever go to the tasting room near by? I hear they got a great batch this year. :)

Don't forget the website..even though I don't work on it anymore..its still my baby..90% of that website is my doing..and my first paid website :)

Demonea
06-03-2004, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by Nakiro
Half elves are okay.

Half-breed Faendryl are better...

Don't hurt me... too badly. :saint:

Blazing247
06-03-2004, 07:33 PM

Jim

Much like handguns, not everyone should be entitled to the possession of an opinion. You are forgiven...this time.

:stupid:

Warriorbird
06-03-2004, 08:30 PM
Human and a half-Faendryl here.

Kurili
06-03-2004, 10:06 PM
Guess I'll jump on in and say HI Jim.

Kurili

Back
06-04-2004, 12:19 AM
I never thought Celtar was bad. Then again, I only met him before the whole GM thing.

Since this thread is all about Celtar, I am going to pose a question to him...

So, Celtar, are you no longer a GM?

Kurili
06-04-2004, 12:20 AM
Or were you ever one?

Kurili

HarmNone
06-04-2004, 12:24 AM
You're thinking of Celtic, Backlash. Celtar and Celtic were played by two different people. :)

HarmNone

Back
06-04-2004, 12:29 AM
Whats weird is... that made sense.

Applause for the mind-reader moderator.

Thank you for recollecting that for me.

Kurili
06-04-2004, 12:32 AM
And I have always felt sorry for Celtar/Jim over the confusion.

:bleh: :lol2:

Kurili

Snapp
06-04-2004, 12:34 AM
I thought the same thing Backlash.. and was like "he's been posting here for a bit now off and on..whats the big deal?" Then realized I'm stupid. :lol2:

Back
06-04-2004, 12:34 AM
Poor, poor Jim. ::sigh:: Sorry man! What a jackass.

Kurili
06-04-2004, 12:35 AM
You are NOT stupid, Snapp! It's darn confusing.

Kurili, who is amazingly not confused over this. Just over everything else

HarmNone
06-04-2004, 12:38 AM
Heh. That did not take a mind-reader. That mistake has been being made for years now, much to Jim's (and Alan's) dismay. I kept expecting one of them to have an alteration made that said:
NO, DAMMIT, I AM NOT HIM! :D

HarmNone, veteran of the Celtar/Celtic mixup wars

Satira
06-04-2004, 01:37 AM
My favorite race to play is Sylvan. Cuz they're love the flowers and trees and naturey crap. Wee!

Vesi
06-04-2004, 01:57 AM
<--- Elf lover.

Don't hate us because we're superior.

Vesi

P. S. Celtar has flirted with one of me... but then again... admit it... who haven't you flirted with? <grin>

Ravenstorm
06-04-2004, 02:08 AM
Me.

Raven

HarmNone
06-04-2004, 02:10 AM
Well, snap, Raven! Celtar must have just overlooked you under all that damned fluff! :D

HarmNone, fleeing as we speak

Ravenstorm
06-04-2004, 02:30 AM
I had no fluff! Every single thing was functional in some way.

Well, except for the quest and merchant event souvenirs. Everything else was either a container of some sort or was imbedded with something.

Raven

[Edited on 6-4-2004 by Ravenstorm]

Shari
06-04-2004, 02:34 AM
Originally posted by Lady Satira
My favorite race to play is Sylvan. Cuz they're love the flowers and trees and naturey crap. Wee!

Damned hippie.

Actually, Sylvans are fun cause you can make a dressy, flirty rogue sylph and people try to walk all over you and then you slice their throats.
:saint:

Beware of my new sylvan rogue. <smiles prettily>

Kurili
06-04-2004, 05:53 AM
Hey! My Halfling loves flowers and trees and nature too!

Kurili

Trinitis
06-04-2004, 11:08 AM
Dirt loving tree worshipers ::mumbles::

DeV
06-04-2004, 11:19 AM
I love playing Elves... Giantmen are kickass too.

Trinitis
06-04-2004, 11:21 AM
I have a Dark Elf, a Giant, a Sylph, and a Human currently.

I had a halfling wizard named Halivon..but no one seemed to catch on to his RP and play along. :(

Hips
06-04-2004, 12:13 PM
I have a Half-Sylvan, a Halfling, and a Faendryl. I kinda wish that I had made Michi a Dark Elf from the start... too bad their stats suck for rangers. :(

CrystalTears
06-04-2004, 12:16 PM
I had a half-elf, a halfling and a dark elf. If I have other options, I'll never settle for human. I AM a human, I wouldn't want to play one too. Boring!

HarmNone
06-04-2004, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by Ravenstorm
I had no fluff! Every single thing was functional in some way.

Well, except for the quest and merchant event souvenirs. Everything else was either a container of some sort or was imbedded with something.

Raven

[Edited on 6-4-2004 by Ravenstorm]

Hmmph! Tell that to my monitor, Ravenstorm. Every time I saw you enter a room, the poor dear belched! :lol:

HarmNone of the not-failing memory

CrystalTears
06-04-2004, 12:55 PM
Wasn't Ravenstorm an empath? As in one of the heads of Sovyn? Because if it's who I think it was, the no fluff comment just made me snort soda all over the place. No fluff indeed.

DeV
06-04-2004, 01:01 PM
I agree CT with the palying a human. I have never played one in Gemstone and wouldn't. I would consider it boring to say the least no matter their stats.

HarmNone
06-04-2004, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by CrystalTears
Wasn't Ravenstorm an empath? As in one of the heads of Sovyn? Because if it's who I think it was, the no fluff comment just made me snort soda all over the place. No fluff indeed.

Yep. That walking, empathic testament to fluff would have been our Ravenstorm, CT. Now, mind you....all that stuff was functional! It functioned to create massive dents in the soil everywhere he walked, and to cause my eyes to bleed with every sighting. :D

HarmNone, who nearly choked the first time someone whispered "look" at Raven...and she did.

Mint
06-04-2004, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by GS3 Michiko... too bad their stats suck for rangers. :(

Aw, don't tell me that now...I have a dark elf ranger. I guess research is my friend. Or rather it would be if I ever used it before starting a character.

AnticorRifling
06-04-2004, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by GS3 Michiko
I have a Half-Sylvan, a Halfling, and a Faendryl. I kinda wish that I had made Michi a Dark Elf from the start... too bad their stats suck for rangers. :(

My best friend in the game is a Dark Elf Ranger and he has no problems at all.

Ravenstorm
06-04-2004, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by HarmNone

Originally posted by CrystalTears

Yep. That walking, empathic testament to fluff would have been our Ravenstorm, CT. Now, mind you....all that stuff was functional! It functioned to create massive dents in the soil everywhere he walked, and to cause my eyes to bleed with every sighting. :D

HarmNone, who nearly choked the first time someone whispered "look" at Raven...and she did.

Hmph. The abuse I take. I was merely prepared. I had phoan's strength imbeds and strength imbeds. I had ewave ones and call wind. There were haste and invisibility. All three guards as well as blur. Deflection and reflection. The prepared empath is the live empath.

I also carried tons of scrolls for non-emergencies when I didn't need to rush and use an imbed. My lockpick collection. Plenty of herbs in case I ran out of mana or came across someone I refused to heal (I could contemptuously toss him some acantha and tell him to go find someone else). Lots of wands to play with, especially lock and trap lore ones once I could steal imbue from rangers (thus making my very own wands so lores counted as self cast).

Fluff is, by definition, useless crap. I was merely... well stocked. And yes, I was one of the heads of Sovyn at times.

Raven

Blazing247
06-07-2004, 09:02 PM
Taken from the Official Boards...

<::chuckle:: Death has no true penalty so the snerts increase. I frequently hear thoughts about being bored etc. A bit later the same person is on the boulder dueling. Hell last night I had to personally kill this snert sold female rogue twice. Said rogue I guess didn't realize that when she killed Andaras the first time she only hit him because he was hunting like a warrior.

Said rogue can't hit Andaras now that she(actually I'm fairly certain the the new owner of this rogue is male and young with the way he talks) has forced Andaras into hunting like a sorcerer in that area. DS push down and guidance be damned she wont hit him now. Even initated cvc last night though I had been trying to have Andaras ignore. She's now on Andaras's kill on sight list, to stupid to live.

Jim

p.s: I watched Ardwen have to kill a bought warrior over and over a few weeks ago, It was truly sad that the new owner simply wouldn't just walk away. Have you seen how cheap you can now purchase a 40th to 60th level character? It's alot less than what I paid monthly to play Gemstone years ago thats for damn sure. >

I assume this is you, Bob? If so, I'll gladly help you in the future- just IM me. Way to find another excuse to get back on that preacher's pulpit, Jim. You can take a conversation about the weather and turn it into a dicussion about how you find all these bought characters which then try to attack you, whereas ten years ago when you were typing away on a 1200 baud modem sitting on nothing but a pole without a seat wearing your skivvies and paying $28/hr for the access charges things were "so grand".

GET...THE....FUCK....OVER....IT....

:whocares:

:deadhorse:

p.s. Just for you Jim, when I sell my characters (all three past legend-hood), I'm gonna tell the guys if they wanna RP them like I did, that they need to be sworn enemies with all your characters. If all these people truly ARE coming up to you left and right attacking you, might as well help them along.

TheEschaton
06-07-2004, 11:52 PM
Hmph. The abuse I take. I was merely prepared. I had phoan's strength imbeds and strength imbeds. I had ewave ones and call wind. There were haste and invisibility. All three guards as well as blur. Deflection and reflection. The prepared empath is the live empath.

I also carried tons of scrolls for non-emergencies when I didn't need to rush and use an imbed. My lockpick collection. Plenty of herbs in case I ran out of mana or came across someone I refused to heal (I could contemptuously toss him some acantha and tell him to go find someone else). Lots of wands to play with, especially lock and trap lore ones once I could steal imbue from rangers (thus making my very own wands so lores counted as self cast).

Fluff is, by definition, useless crap. I was merely... well stocked. And yes, I was one of the heads of Sovyn at times.

Why the hell do you think they gave empaths 1107, Adrenal Surge? So empaths could get off their asses when overladened with worthless crap. ;)

Although my warrior empath uses it all the time in battle. It's a great spell.

And I like Celtar. I became secretly enamored with two handers when I heard of Andaras - "a two-handed SORCEROR? WTF is he thinking? Actually....that's kinda cool."

-TheE-

Wezas
06-08-2004, 08:32 AM
I have 2 giants(empath & bard), a halfling (rogue I'll be deleting soon) and a dwarf (warrior).

Mistomeer
06-08-2004, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by Blazing247
Way to find another excuse to get back on that preacher's pulpit, Jim. You can take a conversation about the weather and turn it into a dicussion about how you find all these bought characters which then try to attack you, whereas ten years ago when you were typing away on a 1200 baud modem sitting on nothing but a pole without a seat wearing your skivvies and paying $28/hr for the access charges things were "so grand".

GET...THE....FUCK....OVER....IT....

:whocares:

:deadhorse:

p.s. Just for you Jim, when I sell my characters (all three past legend-hood), I'm gonna tell the guys if they wanna RP them like I did, that they need to be sworn enemies with all your characters. If all these people truly ARE coming up to you left and right attacking you, might as well help them along.

LOL.

Warriorbird
06-08-2004, 08:16 PM
Pwned.

Latrinsorm
06-08-2004, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by Kurili
Hey! My Halfling loves flowers and trees and nature too!Women love flowers and hedges and trees
Unless you're standing behind one, then they call the police.
When I see her, they'll be tears down my face
It might be love and it might be mace...

-Rich Hall / Otis Lee Crenshaw

Kurili
06-08-2004, 09:57 PM
Be careful, Latrinsorm, she's a tough little nature-lover!

And hopefully, I will be back in GS soon, and she can smell the flowers once more.

Kurili