PDA

View Full Version : gathering your arrows

Das Uberdog
09-29-2011, 05:14 PM
How do you homo-sapiens handle this? I am considering putting out a script for it. My current calls sloot, then searches for hidden arrows until it can't find any, then gathers then up & adds them to your current quiver, then waits for the "too far" arrows.

SLoot is good but it annoyed the shit out of me that it would pick up each individual arrow and then add it to the quiver when you can gather straight from the ground.

Please let me know.

Gravebane525
09-29-2011, 05:20 PM
I gather the arrows then put them in the arrows in the quiver. it puts them directly into an existing bundle. I've never hunted with more then one bundle so I'm not sure if its always the same one you pull them out of

Ayamei
09-29-2011, 05:54 PM
It seems like you use an entirely different method than I do for gathering and sorting arrows. How many different bundles of arrows do you carry, just 1? If sloot is annoying, (I don't know I don't use it) try using a few stormfront scripts or a 1 really good single script, if you don't want to keep restarting it. This is all I use.

put gather %1 %2
put put my arr in %1 %2 in my quiver
exit

Trying color coding everything that's important to finding arrows. I just use 609 if 2 or more arrows need to be searched for. Having my specific arrows different colors as well as the results of where they end up makes it easy to keep track of them.

Asha
09-29-2011, 06:13 PM
Sloot3 doesn't pick them up one by one.

Das Uberdog
09-29-2011, 06:23 PM
Cool, I hadn't tried since sloot.. I will see how sloot3 is with it.

I usually keep several small bundles in a warrior quiver to reduce encumbrance. If you end up firing all the way through one bundle it will just get bundled with one of the other ones, though I should probably improve that.

I don't use more than one type of arrow at the moment.

droit
09-29-2011, 07:25 PM
Two aliases:

gat => gather wooden arrow\rput my arrow in wood arrow in my quiver\r
gatf => gather faewood arrow\rput my arrow in faewood arrow in my quiver\r

SayGoodbye
09-29-2011, 07:57 PM
I'll one up those aliases and throw in a stance dance:

fire => ;eq silence_me; multifput('get 1 arrow from my quiver', 'stance offensive', 'fire')

gather => ;eq silence_me; fput 'stance defensive' unless stance == 'defensive';multifput("gather arrow", "put arrow in my arrows in my quiver")

droit
09-29-2011, 08:07 PM
What's the ;eq silence_me do?

Das Uberdog
09-29-2011, 09:26 PM
;eq lets you run arbitrary Ruby stuff via the Lich.

silence_me is a Lich function that makes it so you don't see commands go to the game.

DaCapn
09-30-2011, 03:47 PM
I'm always sure to remove silence_me from any script I come across that uses it. It's a pain in the ass when commands pile up and you don't know what got missed and you can't pause the script and re-enter them manually. Rare but it happens from time to time. Also, it's hard to debug any errors.

DaCapn
09-30-2011, 10:23 PM
Also, since firing macros were brought up, I decided to upload my arrow firing script to the repo. It's just called 'fire.' It has some targeting and aiming features (if you bring the eye to rank 3 wound without killing, your aim gets changed to chest, after all). Probably a minor advantage but get it where you can, I say. Read the comments.

Ohr
10-02-2011, 02:13 PM
nice little script, thanks DaCapn.

Only thing I notice thus far is when I use 608 before I fire off the script, it some time exits with out actually firing the shot but it only happen every so often.

Also, since firing macros were brought up, I decided to upload my arrow firing script to the repo. It's just called 'fire.' It has some targeting and aiming features (if you bring the eye to rank 3 wound without killing, your aim gets changed to chest, after all). Probably a minor advantage but get it where you can, I say. Read the comments.

JDDZ
10-02-2011, 04:12 PM
I quit archery because of arrows.

DrZaius
10-03-2011, 10:15 PM
I quit archery because of arrows.

sounds familiar.