PDA

View Full Version : Vif

Methais
05-01-2003, 07:17 PM
After getting into an argument today with Vif over her constant blatant OOCness all over the place, I've decided to post a poll (which was her idea since she didn't seem to see where I was coming from and told me to "take a vote").

So assuming this poll comes out in the right format...

Is Vif one of the most annoying blatantly OOC people in Gemstone? Yes or no.

Zanagodly
05-01-2003, 08:43 PM
Looks like most people agree with you, as do I. She thinks she is funny, but her humor is friggin retarded. Can't stand her etc.

Mike

Parkbandit
05-02-2003, 08:00 AM
I think I screwed it up :(

I didn't see the question and I tried like 3 times.. I just figured Methais screwed up the poll. I ASSUMED the poll was 'Do you think Vif is a good roleplayer'... so I voted no.

Oops

Parkbandit
05-02-2003, 08:04 AM
About a year ago.. she thought she would be cute and match wits with my thief. Bad move. We spared back and forth until she yelled "I DON'T WANT ANY MORE INTERACTION WITH YOU AND IF YOU HARASS ME AGAIN, I WILL REPORT YOU TO GET YOU KICKED OUT OF THIS GAME" She also thought the same thing on the public net.

Of course the folks in the park were amused.

Yea.. she's a great 'rollplayer'. :lol:

That Damn Katt
05-02-2003, 10:13 AM
Seriously she said take a vote? :lol:

She's the most annoying OOC person in the game and has been for years.

Weedmage Princess
05-02-2003, 03:03 PM
Haha, that's pretty hilarious that the ONE No vote she got was an accident. Hee.

Tsa`ah
05-02-2003, 09:20 PM
Pretty much a hands down question.

I'm just surprised she has lasted this long without picking up on it.

Someone should do a general "most annoying" poll.

Caels
05-03-2003, 02:48 PM
If you can come up with enough names to cover the wide variety of annoying people in GS then I'd go for it.

But you can't put me on there since I dun play anymore! :p

Skirmisher
05-04-2003, 10:22 PM
I think she may be one of those sorts who needs to be really hit over the head with something to be made aware of it.

I know I have spoken to her on at least three occasions myself, each time quite politely, and requested she be more cautious in her use of blatant OOCisms. Each time she said alright in an offhand yet affable manner( coming across as kind of a not malicious yet not very concerned about anyone else airhead) but then each time, not five minutes later she would fall back into her use of blatant OOC speech.

Its almost like a person who is an alcoholic or addict but refuses to acknowledge it and is in dire need of an intervention.

Whatever
05-12-2003, 04:28 PM
She has always been that way, even though a friend of mine insists that she was not always that bad. Yet I've known her for years, had countless arguments and fights with her with various characters.. she has always been this bad, sorry to say.

She doesn't care, and I wager you were not the first (nor the last) to broach the subject with her. Obviously she wouldn't still be acting that way if she did care. She doesn't care because the GMs never do anything about her. Not her constant bad language, inappropriate subjects, OOCness, abuse of guild skills, nor do the GMs seem to care that she obviously doesn't care.

The thing is.. I don't think she's stupid. I'd love to be able to say she's an idiot, but if you listen to her, sometimes she actually comes up with witty things to say. Of course, those are usually overshadowed by her general useless babbling, but deep down inside somewhere, she's actually kind of smart.

If only she could apply that intelligence to *behaving* intelligently.

Warriorbird
05-20-2003, 08:32 AM
I'm still slightly miffed that I got fussed at in GMSends for reporting her OOC nonsense amulet babble. I wish stuff like that would be paid attention to more.

Makkah
05-20-2003, 06:13 PM
Damn... i accidently did a "no" vote too... but she's a freakin moron. Got into it with her yesterday actually with my Jantalarian character. Boy is she an idiot.

rht

Warriorbird
05-20-2003, 08:48 PM
Count me as an accidental no too.

Parkbandit
05-21-2003, 08:18 AM
I think it's funny that 3 out of 4 votes that say she's not annoying... were mistakes.

Stacey
05-21-2003, 11:37 PM
Make that four outta four. I was one of the original one's who said she was not and did it in error. I find a few people annoying but she is on my top ten.

Gokkem
05-22-2003, 02:00 PM
So let me get this right. Out of 37 people, 33 voted yes and 4 voted no. And the 4 'no' votes were supposed to be yes. Methais, I think you proved your point.

Wow. How funny.

Captain Amby
07-12-2003, 12:34 PM
hehehe that's friggen funny.. even those that put down 'no' have to explain why they did it 'cause they didnt wanna put down no. hehe I think she's pretty annoying on the net

Nightlite
07-15-2003, 03:59 PM
Eh i like her, i think shes pretty funny. I've only talked to her maybe twice though.

Ladyteeoncy
11-06-2003, 06:53 PM
Vif is a sweetheart!

Artha
11-06-2003, 06:55 PM
Vif is an OOC moron.

GuildRat
11-06-2003, 06:58 PM
My vote's in....This better not be like the Florida ballots ::swears::

GS4Gurl
11-06-2003, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by Warriorbird
I'm still slightly miffed that I got fussed at in GMSends for reporting her OOC nonsense amulet babble. I wish stuff like that would be paid attention to more.

I think there is a reason for that. I don't know if this is true or not but someone mentioned in another thread that the player of Vif is also a GM. Maybe just another mindless rumor but it would explain why she gets away with being ooc all the time. Who knows?

Red Devil
11-06-2003, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by Ladyteeoncy
Vif is a sweetheart!

dumbass, this is an old thread

GS4Gurl
11-06-2003, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by Red Devil

Vif is a sweetheart!

Um it really isn't that old. See some people don't have time to read or post every day or refresh the boards every five minutes. So because they can only find time once a week they shouldn't voice their opinion on a topic they find interesting?

CrystalTears
11-06-2003, 08:24 PM
Red Devil stop trolling to yell at people for bringing up older threads please.

Sean
11-06-2003, 08:27 PM
old thread or not .. vif is still a fucking moron

Wezas
11-06-2003, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by GS4Gurl

Originally posted by Red Devil

Vif is a sweetheart!

Um it really isn't that old. See some people don't have time to read or post every day or refresh the boards every five minutes. So because they can only find time once a week they shouldn't voice their opinion on a topic they find interesting?

Not to defend Red Devil, but the last post in this thread was from July 15th. It's November. 4 months > 1 week

Flame on.

theotherjohn
11-06-2003, 08:44 PM
old thread, new thread nothing changes

Vif is still the worst persona in the game

GS4Gurl
11-06-2003, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by theotherjohn
old thread, new thread nothing changes

Vif is still the worst persona in the game

Yep exactly.

GSLeloo
11-06-2003, 09:36 PM
Can someone post why Vif is? I've never really been around vif, I don't think, so I don't know why they are.

Snapp
11-06-2003, 09:41 PM
Spend 10 minutes in the same room as her Leloo, you'll see quickly. She's constantly OOC and makes sexual innuendo every 15 seconds. I have to agree that she is the worst persona in the game, and I don't understand how she's still around.

SpunGirl
11-06-2003, 10:00 PM
Vif fucking blows. On Friday I said on the main net, "When is the Gate opening, does anyone know?" She replied, (not privately), "The gate is opening in my leggings soon."

I cannot fucking STAND her.

-K

Kurili
11-06-2003, 10:15 PM
Oh, she's had a lot of things going on 'in her leggings' the last few days. Personally, I dont want to think of her leggings and what might be lurking there.

She IS Anticor's Super Auntie though...we must be nice. Haasheks Super Sis.

Acolyte Kurili

Warriorbird
11-06-2003, 11:20 PM
She's inspired desires to quit Gemstone in me ever since I started Gemstone!

Kurili
11-06-2003, 11:37 PM
Yes, one can say she is truly an inspiring player/character!

::cackles::

Acolyte Kurili

Ladyteeoncy
11-07-2003, 02:15 AM
I am sorry if i posted on an old thread... I guess i just found this place and thought...interesting I will browse around a bit. Sorry if i started somthing well finished.

Caiylania
11-07-2003, 06:50 AM
No worries Teeoncy, I started up an old one as well about RPing being with child. I don't know Vif though, so I haven't voted or anything.

I did see that commen about the gate opening and regard it in the same light as the others.

Moist Happenings
11-07-2003, 03:42 PM
All I can say is: At least she isn't a mentor.

Vif is an idiot.

Back
11-07-2003, 03:50 PM
I think she is funny. ::shrug::

AkMan
11-07-2003, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by Neff
All I can say is: At least she isn't a mentor.

Not yet.

Kitsun
11-07-2003, 03:57 PM
I thought some of Vif's comments are funny. However I do recognize that most of them are a bit out of place when she does them on the net.

GuildRat
11-07-2003, 04:04 PM
My opinion is that there's good Vif, and bad Vif.

Good Vif- runs into town dragging every corpse she finds to the Coastal Cliffs during the Jantalarian invasions and does it with humor.

Bad Vif- spouts off grotesque risque (hah...two words ending in -que back to back) comments on the amu-net. Farts in TSC...yada yada yada...that's the Vif most of us see.

Artha
11-08-2003, 06:57 PM
75 to 11. I think you should point her this way again, Methais.

Sean
11-08-2003, 07:09 PM
its not actually 75 to 11 your not counting the people who admitted they voted wrong in the beginning

Weedmage Princess
11-08-2003, 07:16 PM
LMAO Anticor is related to Vif!?

More amunition!!! *cackle*