PDA

View Full Version : Returning Sorcerer looking for info...

Deddalus Heartcast
06-01-2004, 09:35 AM
Hello all... I'm returning to the game after being away for a little over 4 years. I was roughly level 82 before the reroll, and i'm now level 63 or so...

Sorcerers seem to have changed quite a bit over the past few years with the introduction of new skills and whatnot. I'm curious if there is a comprehensive guide that outlines runestones, infusion, demon summoning and any other aspects of sorcery that would be foreign to me after such a long break...

Any links would be very helpfull.

Thanks in advance,
Deddalus

Wezas
06-01-2004, 09:41 AM
If Heartcast is your actual character's last name, then I'd just totally suggest re-rolling.

06-01-2004, 09:57 AM
Since you are able to hide your last name Wezas I dont think it matters.

Syberus
06-01-2004, 10:07 AM
Alarm has a website... somewhere.. that has all kinds of info on it. I can't think of the site name off the top of my head, but if you go to the official boards and road the Sorcerer folder, he has the link as his signature.

DeV
06-01-2004, 10:19 AM
Sorcerous Thoughts (http://bellsouthpwp.net/a/s/asbellsp/sorcery.htm)

http://bellsouthpwp.net/a/s/asbellsp/sorcery.htm

Linor
06-01-2004, 10:19 AM
http://sorcerers.hopto.org/guides.htm

I find this to be a pretty decent guide. I reference it when I'm infusing scrolls since I don't do it that often.

Wezas
06-01-2004, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by The Edine
Since you are able to hide your last name Wezas I dont think it matters.

Shhh. I'm trying to be helpful.

Deddalus Heartcast
06-01-2004, 11:08 AM
Thanks to the people who posted the links... I appreciate the help.

As for my last name, I don't feel the need to make excuses for it. However, if you feel it's unimaginative or not RP enough for a sorcerer... well, you can just blame it on a dumb highschool kid new to the world of roleplaying. Hopefully that's enough to give you a warm, tingly feeling inside. :saint:

Anyway, I made the character about 9 years ago when Gemstone was on AOL and i was just a high school kid looking to kill some time on a free customer service account my brother gave me during the days of AOHell. I'm still shocked people used to rack up rediculous AOL bills playing GS3 back when AOL was a by the minute service.

Strange that it's been a good 5 years since I last played and there are still a few familiar faces running around. Ahh well, enough reminiscing. If you see me in game, feel free to bring up my terrible name choice if you like... i'm not one to shy away from an interesting conversation! :D

Parkbandit
06-01-2004, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by Deddalus Heartcast
Thanks to the people who posted the links... I appreciate the help.

As for my last name, I don't feel the need to make excuses for it. However, if you feel it's unimaginative or not RP enough for a sorcerer... well, you can just blame it on a dumb highschool kid new to the world of roleplaying. Hopefully that's enough to give you a warm, tingly feeling inside. :saint:

Anyway, I made the character about 9 years ago when Gemstone was on AOL and i was just a high school kid looking to kill some time on a free customer service account my brother gave me during the days of AOHell. I'm still shocked people used to rack up rediculous AOL bills playing GS3 back when AOL was a by the minute service.

Strange that it's been a good 5 years since I last played and there are still a few familiar faces running around. Ahh well, enough reminiscing. If you see me in game, feel free to bring up my terrible name choice if you like... i'm not one to shy away from an interesting conversation! :D

You can hide your last name.. in fact, you will be able to change your last name someday soon.

Trust me.. I know.

Falgrin Laughingshadow

Deddalus Heartcast
06-01-2004, 11:15 AM
The options are nice... but I doubt I will ever hide or change my surname. That name has been around for 10 years now, it would be a shame for me to change it on a whim.

Scott
06-01-2004, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by Parkbandit

Falgrin Laughingshadow

His excuse was he was a highschool kid, what's yours?

Parkbandit
06-01-2004, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by Gemstone101

Falgrin Laughingshadow

His excuse was he was a highschool kid, what's yours?

My excuse is I was doing your mamma. :smilegrin:

Falgrin's been around for about 6 or 7 years I think... and to be honest, I don't know what I was thinking when I gave him that god awful last name.

But.. I was able to correct it.. so don't hate.. appreciate.

Trinitis
06-01-2004, 01:59 PM
I hate.. I hate that your not in your park stealing damnit! I've been there robbing people blind a few times over the weekend, and you where nowhere to be seen. Ya bum

Parkbandit
06-01-2004, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by LordAdredrin
I hate.. I hate that your not in your park stealing damnit! I've been there robbing people blind a few times over the weekend, and you where nowhere to be seen. Ya bum

Heh.. I was playing with Aone the other day there. I think I pulled 11 wands from some poor saps' harness.

I got a new computer.. and it's been a REAL PAIN IN THE ASS setting things back up. I actually switched to Stormfront to see how it goes.. so I am trying to keep a low profile until I figure out where all my highlights went. Nothing worse than not seeing a character that hates your character walk in... especially older sorcerer ones. :)

AnticorRifling
06-01-2004, 02:06 PM

Falgrin Laughingshadow

Falgrin Rifling would sound so much better.

Parkbandit
06-01-2004, 02:39 PM
Who's your daddy.... bitch?

You name will be:

Anticor Laughingshadow. Get used to it.

AnticorRifling
06-01-2004, 02:43 PM
If I had the last name Laughingshadow I'd go demonic.

Trinitis
06-01-2004, 02:44 PM
Oh oh! Can I help? /preps implode

Parkbandit
06-01-2004, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by AnticorRifling
If I had the last name Laughingshadow I'd go demonic.

Shows how much you know. Thank god you were adopted and it can't be blamed on any gene type reason.

You can't go demonic anymore.. jackass.

AnticorRifling
06-01-2004, 03:00 PM
I was making a point, ass. I know you can't go demonic anymore. It's one change I didn't like because it leaves idiots around....

Deddalus Heartcast
06-01-2004, 03:12 PM
I'm glad my thread was hijacked for such a noble cause! :moon:

Souzy
06-01-2004, 04:26 PM
I want a last name. :( What's Wezas' last name anyway? Now I'm curious. ;)

Oh right...the links Vold gave you are good.

[Edited on 6-1-2004 by Lalana]

Wezas
06-01-2004, 04:33 PM
Wezas HappyHappyJoyJoy.

Mysn.

Parkbandit
06-01-2004, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by AnticorRifling
I was making a point, ass. I know you can't go demonic anymore. It's one change I didn't like because it leaves idiots around....

No.. YOU'RE an ass!

Deddalus Heartcast
06-01-2004, 05:31 PM
:love: feel the love!

DeV
06-01-2004, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by Lalana
I want a last name. :( What's Wezas' last name anyway? Now I'm curious. ;)

Oh right...the links Vold gave you are good.

[Edited on 6-1-2004 by Lalana] The links go to the same page, Lalana. It's by far one of the best guides I've read for Sorcerer training which helped me to create a trippling runestaff user..

SnatchWrangler
06-03-2004, 10:23 AM

Get yer ass off the damn Isle, so I can properly welcome you back to the lands by cleaning you out for old times sake. Good to see you back Dedda.

-Falgrin's daddy

Parkbandit
06-03-2004, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by SnatchWrangler

Get yer ass off the damn Isle, so I can properly welcome you back to the lands by cleaning you out for old times sake. Good to see you back Dedda.

-Falgrin's daddy

Daddy??? :sniffle:

I have MISSED you!

Oh wait.. who's my Daddy?

SnatchWrangler
06-03-2004, 10:50 AM

I have MISSED you!

Wouldn't you like to know? :lol:

Regardless, we need to get the band back together for a raid. I've got some fresh blood interested in getting in on it. I was trying to get a hold of you to organize something, but hadn't been back in the Landing til a day or two ago...and you were asleep at the wheel when I saw ya last night in your park. IM, email, what's the best way to get a hold of you?

some thief.

Parkbandit
06-03-2004, 11:21 AM

I have MISSED you!

Wouldn't you like to know? :lol:

Regardless, we need to get the band back together for a raid. I've got some fresh blood interested in getting in on it. I was trying to get a hold of you to organize something, but hadn't been back in the Landing til a day or two ago...and you were asleep at the wheel when I saw ya last night in your park. IM, email, what's the best way to get a hold of you?

some thief.

I'm actually trying to get an official thing together called "The Underground". You can email me at theunderground@tampabay.rr.com

I figured if they made House Awesomeness a reality.. the Underground is a shoe in.

Deddalus Heartcast
06-03-2004, 01:05 PM

-Falgrin's daddy

Hmm... I'm curious who could possibly have conceived someone as umm... :?: as Falgrin.

Thanks for the welcome back... send me an IM if you get a chance. NickRU78 :D

Parkbandit
06-03-2004, 01:07 PM
Hmm... I'm curious who could possibly have conceived someone as umm... :?: as Falgrin.

HEY now! If I actually had feelings, I think you would have hurt them!

Misfit
06-03-2004, 08:47 PM
Hello honey, Deddalus...

loL

Misfitt

Deddalus Heartcast
06-04-2004, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by Misfit
Hello honey, Deddalus...

loL

Misfitt

Could it be?!?!? Has my hobgoblin hunting partner from all those years ago made an apearance? Wow... really good to hear from you misfitt.

I would love to catch up and see how you're doing these days. Definetly good to know you're still around and well. :D