PDA

View Full Version : DADT officialy OVER!

4a6c1
09-20-2011, 12:56 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cK7QEJGwvJM&feature=player_embedded

How will history remember you? Which side of the argument were you on?

This is a victory for the activists, way to go!

4a6c1
09-20-2011, 12:58 PM
More great stories.

About JD Smith.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/09/20/national/main20108758.shtml

NPR audio

http://www.npr.org/2011/09/20/140630569/dadt-ends-but-what-will-actually-change

Cephalopod
09-20-2011, 01:11 PM
This is a huge day, long time coming. I blame Obama for it taking so long, this should have been out the window in mere weeks after he took office.

Parkbandit
09-20-2011, 01:16 PM
Won't this cost the US Government more money.. as they research guns that will kick back less for people with limp wrists?

Too soon?

AnticorRifling
09-20-2011, 01:28 PM
Won't this cost the US Government more money.. as they research guns that will kick back less for people with limp wrists?

Too soon?

Well that and new pieces of uniform to camoflage ignorance fueled hatred.

Tgo01
09-20-2011, 01:32 PM

Oh man when I read the first seven words of your post I thought for sure you were going to make a joke about new uniforms needing to be color coordinated or something.

Atlanteax
09-20-2011, 01:57 PM
Politics interfering with Military Affairs...

Who knew ?!?

diethx
09-20-2011, 02:09 PM
Oh man when I read the first seven words of your post I thought for sure you were going to make a joke about new uniforms needing to be color coordinated or something.

x2

Gelston
09-20-2011, 03:30 PM
I'll be honest and say I really didn't care either way.

Androidpk
09-20-2011, 03:44 PM
About time.

Back
09-20-2011, 03:56 PM

They already are.

Gravebane525
09-20-2011, 03:56 PM
maybe I'm just an old fashion redneck... but I don;t want to know if the guy sleeping in the cot next to me swings that way. the quarters are a little to close over there for that kinda thing.

AnticorRifling
09-20-2011, 03:58 PM
maybe I'm just an old fashion redneck... but I don;t want to know if the guy sleeping in the cot next to me swings that way. the quarters are a little to close over there for that kinda thing.

You're retarded. Not the aww give him a ribbon for trying or maybe some coloring books kind of cute retarded either.

Gravebane525
09-20-2011, 04:03 PM
You're retarded. Not the aww give him a ribbon for trying or maybe some coloring books kind of cute retarded either.

sorry but they got group showers and tight living quarters. unless they gonna separate people in the showers by sexual preference like they do male / female I think there might be some problems. like I said... maybe I'm an old fashion redneck but I would not like the idea of some guy getting his rocks off thinkin of me a few feet away from me.

I'd have no problems fighting beside one or dieing beside one... but showering and sleeping... that be alittle weird for me.

I mean the women arn't forced to expose them self to men, why should men be forced to expose themselfs to someone that looks at them in a sexual way? ain't it the same thing?

Lord Orbstar
09-20-2011, 04:05 PM
Im sure there was a lot of celebratory buttfucking last night.

TheEschaton
09-20-2011, 04:06 PM
Ever think that gay men aren't thinking about banging every dude they come across? Or that raping straight guys is something a gay man seeks?

Gravebane525
09-20-2011, 04:10 PM
Ever think that gay men aren't thinking about banging every dude they come across? Or that raping straight guys is something a gay man seeks?

well I figure they may be gay but there still a guy. I know most guys are thinking about banging most woman they come across. I don;t know about the raping part though. not something I've ever pictured myself doing.

and atleast if I am to believe my female friends and cousins. there no better place to find hot dudes then the military.

AnticorRifling
09-20-2011, 04:11 PM
sorry but they got group showers and tight living quarters. unless they gonna separate people in the showers by sexual preference like they do male / female I think there might be some problems. like I said... maybe I'm an old fashion redneck but I would not like the idea of some guy getting his rocks off thinkin of me a few feet away from me.

I'd have no problems fighting beside one or dieing beside one... but showering and sleeping... that be alittle weird for me.

I mean the women arn't forced to expose them self to men, why should men be forced to expose themselfs to someone that looks at them in a sexual way? ain't it the same thing?

Hurp derp http://forum.gsplayers.com/showpost.php?p=1336564&postcount=13

You're acting like gays didn't/don't already serve and now they get to enlist for the first time ever.

Androidpk
09-20-2011, 04:11 PM

Lead paint chip eating retard.

AnticorRifling
09-20-2011, 04:15 PM
Lead paint chip eating retard.

But only them straight lead paint chips, no way I want them gay homo-fag paint chips corruptin mah brains.

Gravebane525
09-20-2011, 04:20 PM
Hurp derp http://forum.gsplayers.com/showpost.php?p=1336564&postcount=13

You're acting like gays didn't/don't already serve and now they get to enlist for the first time ever.

thats partially true. I thought the whole point of dadt was that gays wern;t allowed in the military? now that they are allowed and can be openly gay and serving there country, which they have every right to do. its jsut before you didn;t know if that guy you were showering with or sleeping next to was really eyeing you up or not. I'm not trying to say anything bad about being gay, anyone with the balls to join the military should be respected, it don matter male female straight or gay they doign one hell of a service for there country and anyone willing to serve should be given the chance.

CrystalTears
09-20-2011, 04:23 PM
sorry but they got group showers and tight living quarters. unless they gonna separate people in the showers by sexual preference like they do male / female I think there might be some problems.They were already there.

like I said... maybe I'm an old fashion redneck but I would not like the idea of some guy getting his rocks off thinkin of me a few feet away from me.You think WAY too highly of yourself.

I mentally hear a loud Deliverance twang when you post. Ain' no way yer charmin' any gay folk.

Gravebane525
09-20-2011, 04:24 PM
You think WAY too highly of yourself.

lol well when I said that I was assuming I'd have the body of a military man, else I wouldn't be in the position.

anyways seams like people just getting pissy with what I'm trying to say so I'll drop it. is just men and women are seperated for a reason... and that same reason could and should be applyed when you accept the fact(which the military has been trying to ignore, maybe partlay due to the stuff I been trying to say who, who knows) that not every male or female in the military is straight.

Paradii
09-20-2011, 04:25 PM
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b298/dnonne/untitled1.jpg

Cephalopod
09-20-2011, 04:26 PM
lol well when I said that I was assuming I'd have the body of a military man, else I wouldn't be in the position.

Tell me, do you think about the body of a military man often?

CrystalTears
You're probably right...
http://www.chessville.com/images/Full%20Metal%20Jacket%20a.jpg

Suppa Hobbit Mage
Normally when someone isn't the best at grammar, punctuation, spelling and capitalization, it doesn't bother me. HOWEVER, Gravebane has hit the superfecta and I can't read a word of it without wondering what the drooling crack baby retard on the other end looks like.

There really should be some sort of nominal intelligence test to even access the boards.

Paradii
09-20-2011, 04:28 PM
Normally when someone isn't the best at grammar, punctuation, spelling and capitalization, it doesn't bother me. HOWEVER, Gravebane has hit the superfecta and I can't read a word of it without wondering what the drooling crack baby retard on the other end looks like.

There really should be some sort of nominal intelligence test to even access the boards.

lol we got a place near by thats called boulder field. saposadly from a glacier, its maybe maybe 200 yards wide, and maybe 600+ long. I went out on it but my footing ain't very good so about a 1/4 of the way out I sat down and looked around and tried to dig down. no idea how deep this thing is but its nothing but boulders, even the biggest tiny compared to your pictures. I've no idea how deep they go but its like someone filled a lake with boulders and got rid of all the water. some people say if you put your ear to the boulders you can hear water running deep under them. I couldn't hear it though.

Taken from another thread to highlight your point.

Gravebane525
09-20-2011, 04:32 PM
Taken from another thread to highlight your point.

lol if ya look back at all my posts you can prolly find alot more examples of it. cording to a friend of mine I type with a accent

Parkbandit
09-20-2011, 04:33 PM

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2409/2472183373_92fb2882c4.jpg

Paradii
09-20-2011, 04:33 PM
lol if ya look back at all my posts you can prolly find alot more examples of it. cording to a friend of mine I type with a accent

I doubt the existence of this friend, but you type like a retard that doesn't understand what those red lines are that are underneath half of your words.

4a6c1
09-20-2011, 04:34 PM
Congrats Gravebane. You serve to remind why it is sometimes necessary to pass laws to dictate proper and humane behavior.

diethx
09-20-2011, 04:35 PM
http://bunkstrutts.files.wordpress.com/2010/07/deliverance-banjo-boy.jpg

No worries, I'm willing to bet that you don't have to worry much about anyone being attracted to you, much less gays.

Gravebane525
09-20-2011, 04:36 PM
I doubt the existence of this friend, but you type like a retard that doesn't understand what those red lines are that are underneath half of your words.

I understand em I just prefer my way of doign things. its not that hard to understand what I'm saying. if ya having that much trouble maybe yer all not as smart as you think you are even with all yer proper english.

diethx
09-20-2011, 04:36 PM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2409/2472183373_92fb2882c4.jpg

Berries and creeeeeeam.

CrystalTears
09-20-2011, 04:40 PM
I understand em I just prefer my way of doign things. its not that hard to understand what I'm saying. if ya having that much trouble maybe yer all not as smart as you think you are even with all yer proper english.

Know dat dis ain't pointed at me. Sorry I started a row. But, I yanked dat one outa several reps simply 'cause I know someone who did it. Ya'd like ta think smart folk wouldn' chew a barrel, an' ya'd like ta think really smart folk wouldn' encourage it by suggestin' or demandin' it. After all, who here ain' smarter'n me?

'course, smart folk is relative an' definitely takes a back seat ta power an' anonymity. Bork!

- Smythe

OMFG I don't know which one's worse. Maybe it's the same person having Sybil moments.

Drew
09-20-2011, 04:40 PM
I don't understand why everyone dismisses out of hand the thing about showering with someone who may be sexually attracted to you. Just because gays were/are already doing it doesn't make it correct? The whole "you're not attractive enough to a gay man" thing feels hollow, maybe he's Brad Pitt. I'm interested in an actual cogent defense of the fact that we separate showers by the sexes but not by sexual attraction. If you support the starship troopers co-ed shower scenario that's fine but I've yet to see an actual defense of what the redneck guy ineloquently questioned.

4a6c1
09-20-2011, 04:42 PM
So what actually happens to a female soldier during a combat emergency chest decompression?

diethx
09-20-2011, 04:43 PM
We didn't say he wasn't attractive enough to a gay man - more like he's not attractive to anyone. And that's more because of his attitude and personality and not actual looks. Sure, I guess he could be a hillbilly Brad Pitt. But I sure wouldn't let someone so ignorant get it in even if he did look like Brad Pitt.

....if he looked like Alexander Skarsgard... well...

diethx
09-20-2011, 04:44 PM
Also, do we separate the sexes because of possible sexual attraction, or because they have different parts and may feel uncomfortable showing those parts to other people who don't have the same parts? I always figured it was the latter...

4a6c1
09-20-2011, 04:46 PM
We seperate the sexes because men are rapers. They rape everything.

CrystalTears
09-20-2011, 04:47 PM
Also, do we separate the sexes because of possible sexual attraction, or because they have different parts and may feel uncomfortable showing those parts to other people who don't have the same parts? I always figured it was the latter...
That was my understanding as well.

Cephalopod
09-20-2011, 04:48 PM

http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l8qwuy5RxB1qa5z1ro1_500.jpg

4a6c1
09-20-2011, 04:50 PM
Nachos are rapers who rape everything. Especially mouths.

Cephalopod
09-20-2011, 04:52 PM
Nachos are rapers who rape everything. Especially mouths.

And then... your hips.

Androidpk
09-20-2011, 04:54 PM

I'd say a mix of both, it would probably be awkward for a girl to be taking a shower with a bunch of dudes with hardons. Unless she's into that sort of thing.

4a6c1
09-20-2011, 04:56 PM
I think it will take a few policy changes as far as hygeine and a few extra training classes to make it work. Nothing too crazy. The hard part is over.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
09-20-2011, 05:03 PM
I found a translator so that Grave can understand me.

No'mally when someone ain't th' bess at grammar, punckuashun, spellin' an' capitalizashun, it don't bother me. HOWEVER, Gravebane has hit th' supufficka an' ah cain't read a wo'd of it wifout wonnerin' whut th' droolin' crack baby retard on t'other ind looks like.

Thar pow'ful sh'd be some so't of nominal intellyjunce tess to even access th' boards.

Complements of http://www.rinkworks.com/dialect/ which also has a moron translator, but I used Redneck.

ClydeR
09-20-2011, 05:05 PM
It may not be as "over" as you think.

Prior to the Don't Ask Don't Tell law, the treatment of homosexual soldiers was governed by military regulations, meaning that it was ultimately the president's call.

Before Clinton, there were regulations that required asking military applicants if they were homosexual. Those that answered yes were not allowed to join the military. Those that answered no were allowed to join, but if they were later found to be homosexual, they were kicked out of the military. When Clinton decided to change those regulations, which it was within his unilateral power to do, Congress got involved. The result was the passage of the Don't Ask Don't Tell law.

The repeal of Don't Ask Don't Tell did not, contrary to popular belief, require the military to admit homosexual soldiers. Instead, the repeal returned the authority to make that decision to the executive branch.

After the repeal of Don't Ask Don't Tell, we are back to the law that existed prior to Bill Clinton. Because the earlier law left the matter to the president, a future president could change the current rules and go back to asking applicants if they are homosexual and excluding those who are.

All three of the leading Republican candidates have stated that they object to homosexual soldiers.

There's another Republican debate on Thursday.

Paradii
09-20-2011, 05:05 PM
I think it will take a few policy changes as far as hygeine and a few extra training classes to make it work. Nothing too crazy. The hard part is over.

I'll show you the hard part.

4a6c1
09-20-2011, 05:06 PM
Digging holes?

:(

Paradii
09-20-2011, 05:07 PM
Digging holes?

:(

That reminds me, it's almost time to start hiring for next year.

4a6c1
09-20-2011, 05:08 PM
lol

terrible

thefarmer
09-20-2011, 05:13 PM
I found a translator so that Grave can understand me.

Complements of http://www.rinkworks.com/dialect/ which also has a moron translator, but I used Redneck.

Damn.

I was hoping to use it to translate Desse RP... No such luck.

edit: The only one that came close was 'Swedish Chef' option..

My neme-a is Desse-a. (My name is Desse)

I em un evesume-a rulepleyer (I am an awesome roleplayer)

Gelston
09-20-2011, 05:16 PM
Honestly, other than boot camp and the school of infantry, there was no open showering anyways. In Iraq and Afghanistan the only time we had showers was in the rear areas(jokes aside), and those all had curtains that separated each shower stall. We had this dude that was flaming homosexual, but he served just like an average Marine, he wasn't spectacular but he wasn't completely shitty either.

Lord Orbstar
09-20-2011, 05:52 PM
The curtains on a FOB are so you can jack it in semiprivacy and not look like a queer. now u can be gay in the service, i guess the curtains will come down. There is no reason to hide it since the stigma has been legislated away. this will result in a cost savings of thousands of dollars.per year on curtains.

TheEschaton
09-20-2011, 05:52 PM
You're an idiot.

4a6c1
09-20-2011, 05:53 PM
The curtains on a FOB are so you can jack it in semiprivacy and not look like a queer. now u can be gay in the service, i guess the curtains will come down. There is no reason to hide it since the stigma has been legislated away. this will result in a cost savings of thousands of dollars.per year on curtains.

gravebane = orbstar?

Androidpk
09-20-2011, 05:56 PM
Real men don't hide when they combat jack.

Tgo01
09-20-2011, 05:58 PM

I thought it was because the companies that make those male and female signs for bathrooms were large lobbyists. Think of the economic impact if those signs were no longer needed.

Thickbeard
09-20-2011, 06:00 PM
http://img607.imageshack.us/img607/9511/graveandme.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/607/graveandme.jpg/)

4a6c1
09-20-2011, 06:01 PM
Oh good. Now it all makes sense.

Lord Orbstar
09-20-2011, 06:03 PM
Obviously you lefties never had to get rid of pressure after a long mission but in a quiet way respectful of those trying to brush their teeth 7 feet away. sheesh.

Tgo01
09-20-2011, 06:05 PM
Obviously you lefties never had to get rid of pressure after a long mission but in a quiet way respectful of those trying to brush their teeth 7 feet away. sheesh.

I dunno, I think it'd be kind of hot if a guy was jerking off while watching me brush my teeth.

Does that make me gay?

Androidpk
09-20-2011, 06:10 PM
Does that make me gay?

Only if you swallow the mouthwash.

Lord Orbstar
09-20-2011, 06:13 PM
Rofl

Inspire
09-20-2011, 06:18 PM

I thought you were going to say pink.

Hehe. <3 Anticor

Inspire
09-20-2011, 06:21 PM

LOL. This is true too.

There are lots of stories of female soldiers being gang raped.

Kuyuk
09-20-2011, 06:50 PM
LOL. This is true too.

There are lots of stories of female soldiers being gang raped.

They all wanted it, thats why they joined the military.

Stanley Burrell
09-20-2011, 07:17 PM
I go to the gym like once every eon. And the certain people ... man, they can carry like the entire wounded Army on their back. So, as this thread denotes, there is a genetic link between sexual preference. And the gym. Every eon I get a little bit gay.

diethx
09-20-2011, 07:22 PM

No, the curtains can stay up because now instead of having to jerk it in private, all the rapey gay rapists can start butt-raping their bunkmates.

Stanley Burrell
09-20-2011, 07:28 PM
That's not good. Sexual repession makes you angry. Like Rocky. And then he was Rambo. And without European movie studio filming, we wouldn't have beaten the commies.

Inspire
09-20-2011, 07:51 PM
No, the curtains can stay up because now instead of having to jerk it in private, all the rapey gay rapists can start butt-raping their bunkmates.

You've totally convinced NocturnalRob to join now.

Androidpk
09-20-2011, 08:25 PM
You've totally convinced NocturnalRob to join now.

DADT may have been lifted but they still have standards.

waywardgs
09-20-2011, 08:42 PM
That's not good. Sexual repession makes you angry. Like Rocky. And then he was Rambo. And without European movie studio filming, we wouldn't have beaten the commies.

Beaten them? We elected them!

Lord Orbstar
09-20-2011, 09:23 PM
Beaten them? We elected them!

Your wisdom cannot be denied here.

Rinualdo
09-20-2011, 11:18 PM
Politics interfering with Military Affairs...

Who knew ?!?

An issue of equality, not politics.

Latrinsorm
09-20-2011, 11:39 PM
5-10 years, an openly gay major league baseball player.
10 years after that, a decade of violent riots and public unrest.
35 years after that, an openly gay President!

Yes, it's only a matter of time now. Good job America!

Tgo01
09-20-2011, 11:40 PM
5-10 years, an openly gay major league baseball player.
10 years after that, a decade of violent riots and public unrest.
35 years after that, an openly gay President!

Dear God, what have we done?

Gelston
09-21-2011, 12:11 AM
Orbstar, I never jacked in the shower. If I was back in a rear area that had showers I had plenty of privacy to jack elsewhere. I have jacked in the back off my MRAP though.

4a6c1
09-21-2011, 12:36 AM
Obviously you needed a female in your unit to help keep it down. Nothing chills a platoon of guys out quicker than a discussion about yeast infections of peanut butter consistency. Good GOOD times.