PDA

View Full Version : Boycott of Ben & Jerry's

ClydeR
09-20-2011, 12:31 PM
Ben & Jerry's announced their newest ice cream flavor which sounds anything but appealing. Schweddy Balls is the best they could come up with. The vulgar new flavor has turned something as innocent as ice cream into something repulsive. Not exactly what you want a child asking for at the supermarket.

The name originated from a Saturday Night Live skit featuring Alec Baldwin as Pete Schweddy, owner of a holiday bakery called Season's Eatings. "There are lots of great treats this time of year," Schweddy says. "Zucchini bread, fruitcake, but the thing I most like to bring out at this time of the year are my balls."

More... (http://onemillionmoms.com/IssueDetail.asp?id=422)

That's from an American Family Association affiliated website. They are calling on us to contact Ben & Jerry's and tell them that we will stop buying their ice cream if they don't stop coming out with obscene flavors. As detailed in the article, this is not the first offense by Ben & Jerry's.

Palcron
09-20-2011, 12:39 PM
People need to stop being so damn sensitive and take the pun as it was intended. It's obviously from SNL, so they need to relax. People are entirely too obsessed with being PC about everything. Hell, I'm shocked that people let them get away with half-baked (which, by the way, is delicious). There are far more relevant issues in life to deal with than pissing and moaning publicly about something petty that bothers you personally. They aren't teaching it in school, so what difference does it make? If you disagree with the angle, don't buy the product. It's that easy.

RichardCranium
09-20-2011, 12:40 PM
I want to dip my balls in it!

Cephalopod
09-20-2011, 12:51 PM
I looked everywhere for this but couldn't find it. :sad:

4a6c1
09-20-2011, 01:09 PM
I looked everywhere for this but couldn't find it. :sad:

I heard you can get it anywhere.

Ardwen
09-20-2011, 05:43 PM
Clearly this boycott needs to be led by Americans Without a Sense of Humor, or idiots like Clyde of course

Ayamei
09-20-2011, 06:11 PM
I think it sounds delicious.

~Rocktar~
09-20-2011, 06:33 PM
You know they are owned by Unilever right? They have a corporate complaint department that will immediately take your complaint under consideration and give it all the merit it deserves. Probably put it with all the other complaints they have as well.

Right in here:
http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/41606_353635460483_5676434_n.jpg

Back
09-20-2011, 08:46 PM
I can’t wait to get Schweddy Balls in my mouth.

diethx
09-20-2011, 10:41 PM
I can’t wait to get Schweddy Balls in my mouth.

Again?