PDA

View Full Version : Customer Service

daragon13
08-12-2003, 03:45 AM
What do you think About Gemstone's Customer Service?:D

Bobmuhthol
08-12-2003, 03:48 AM
It's wonderful and you should be killed.

daragon13
08-12-2003, 03:49 AM
Originally posted by Bobmuhthol
It's wonderful and you should be killed.

You missed a spot on your chin Bob. :D

Betheny
08-12-2003, 06:59 AM
I think that the Simutronics office service is great. Every time I've called St. Louis, they've been nothing but helpful.

In game, it can be a different story. GameHosts are almost always very nice, and helpful. The problem comes in when the GameMasters have to enforce their INTERPRETATION of policy.

Simutronics really ought to sit down and hash out better official policy, and draw some lines on sensitive issues (like whether or not to enforce roleplay).

Warriorbird
08-12-2003, 07:28 AM
It's alright. Honestly, more of the GMs could use training for coping with players...but the GHs are a lot better trained than folks give them credit for...and players are far more messed up than most folks seem to give us credit for.

CrystalTears
08-12-2003, 08:35 AM
With the way people bully GM's around sometimes with the "customer is already right" attitude when sometimes it just isn't so, I think they do just fine. Sure there are some bad eggs, but that's true of any customer support group. And the office has never given me problems, they've always been very willing to help.

Drew2
08-12-2003, 01:27 PM
I've learned the more understanding and polite you are to the GM's and GH's, the more chance you have of getting your way. (And getting Urdragon banned).

Solkern
08-12-2003, 01:28 PM
No, you gotta love, How you talk to one GM and they tell you its ok to do something, so you go and do it, and another Gm comes around and tells you what you did broke policy so your getting locked out...gotta love that

StrayRogue
08-12-2003, 02:12 PM
GMs rule. As demonstrated by the incredible workload they have put into gaining total customer satisfaction this week at the Faire even under the shadow of recent, painful events.

daragon13
08-12-2003, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by Solkern
No, you gotta love, How you talk to one GM and they tell you its ok to do something, so you go and do it, and another Gm comes around and tells you what you did broke policy so your getting locked out...gotta love that

I am a big believer that the Policy should be reworded. Especially the PvP part, it should say YOU CAN NOT KILL SOMEONE UNLESS THEY TELL YOU, THAT YOU CAN. Which, I am sorry, but a roleplaying game set in a more primitive time, of course people are going to fucking kill people. It's usually the ones that give head that get off though. :D

Taernath
08-12-2003, 02:46 PM
Everytime I've dealt with CS it's been a positive experience.

Scott
08-12-2003, 02:51 PM
I kill 100's of people without consent and I have no warnings either. It's how you handle the situation. I've had to read policy once, and that was because I called someone a pimp at a table. I was trying to prove to a GM that pimp was IG, but it didn't work....... Anyway, that's the only time I've ever had to read policy. If you run around crying and bitching, you're probably not going to get what you want. However, if you handle the situation like an adult, and not a 13 year old..... then most of the times you'll walk away with a simple "next time be more careful."

daragon13
08-12-2003, 03:53 PM
I have a book for Simutronics should read. Organizational Behavior: Human Behavior at Work. In layman's terms it is Business Psychology. :D

Parkbandit
08-12-2003, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by daragon13
I have a book for Simutronics should read. Organizational Behavior: Human Behavior at Work. In layman's terms it is Business Psychology. :D

Didn't you already leave?

I have a book for your parents to read. The Politics of Deviance. The author, Anne Hendershott.

daragon13
08-12-2003, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by Parkbandit

Didn't you already leave?

I have a book for your parents to read. The Politics of Deviance. The author, Anne Hendershott.

I have one for you too. Mein Kampf. The author, Adolf Hitler. Its such a work of art. :D

Betheny
08-12-2003, 04:28 PM
I think Hitler put retards in concentration camps, too. Be careful what ground you tread.

daragon13
08-12-2003, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by Maimara
I think Hitler put retards in concentration camps, too. Be careful what ground you tread.

Sorry, I am a perfect white male. I am sure you would have enjoyed the gas though. :D

GS4Gurl
08-12-2003, 04:32 PM

Ooh good one. I just had to laugh at dat one. Yeah and actually he gassed them.

daragon13
08-12-2003, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by GS4Gurl

Nice bouncy tits BTW. heh. I am sure those get you far in life.

GS4Gurl
08-12-2003, 04:44 PM

Originally posted by GS4Gurl

Nice bouncy tits BTW. heh. I am sure those get you far in life.

Yes and even better, that I dont have to worry about grabbing my seat on an airplane to use as a flotation device. hehe