PDA

View Full Version : French. Bankrupt?

edge
08-13-2003, 12:30 PM
I been noticing how much Americans are boycotting French everything. French businesses are tanking in the states. The largest Club Med is selling out due to this. It's located in Port St Lucie Florida. Was a big topic down there. Also French food industry in the states is in dire trouble. Nobody is wanting to eat there.

Anyone seeing this in their areas?

edge

Drew2
08-13-2003, 12:50 PM
Hehe that reminds me of this funny thing I saw on Conan or something where they had "Sadam" talking and he dressed up missiles like kids and said they were his kids (trying to mislead that they were missiles).
Conan says, "Nobody is going to buy that. (refering to the disguises)"
Sadam says, "France does."

:lol:

[Edited on 8-13-2003 by Tayre]

imported_Kranar
08-13-2003, 01:24 PM
<< Hehe that reminds me of this funny thing I saw on Conan or something where they had "Sadam" talking and he dressed up missiles like kids and said they were his kids >>

Hahahaa! I love the Conan interviews! The Arnold interviews are by far the funniest.

Heck, the Saddam one was on like last week, wasn't it?

Drew2
08-13-2003, 02:11 PM
It had to have been on between now and last Friday, because I saw it here in my apartment, and I've only been here since then.

Neildo
08-13-2003, 11:58 PM
>>>>Also French food industry in the states is in dire trouble. Nobody is wanting to eat there.<<<<

Bah, French cuisine sucks anyways. It's all about the looks.

- N

Artha
08-14-2003, 12:00 AM
When it all started, french businesses in Richmond started taking down their french flags and either replacing them with the American flag or leaving the pole bare.

Snapp
08-14-2003, 01:12 AM
I guess I don't understand the whole "boycott the French, they're evil!" thing.. isn't that a bit immature?

imported_Kranar
08-14-2003, 01:30 AM
<< I guess I don't understand the whole "boycott the French, they're evil!" thing.. isn't that a bit immature? >>

Don't you know? It's the cool thing to do and the fact that you're not doing it makes you unpatriotic. Go hang your head in shame.

Tendarian
08-14-2003, 01:34 AM
Its the exact same thing as when people tell the folks always complaining about gemstone to vote with their dollars and leave. If the gov't was boycotting the french you might have a point but i dont think it is,its people who disagree with them voting with their own dollars.

edge
08-15-2003, 08:16 PM
<Don't you know? It's the cool thing to do and the fact that you're not doing it makes you unpatriotic. Go hang your head in shame.>

I feel some hate here and I would know hate...hehe. I am going to get Kranar to go postal yet!

edge

i remember halloween
08-17-2003, 05:56 PM
the french are pussies, fuck them. i hope they all die from heat stroke. god hates them too.

[Edited on 8-17-2003 by i remember halloween]

Betheny
08-17-2003, 06:00 PM
I don't like French things, anyway.

peam
08-17-2003, 06:04 PM
I like French maid outfits.

Ben
08-18-2003, 09:30 AM
I like french fries with mayo on them. I'd eat Peam's Cake, I EAT HEART ATTACKS FOR BREAKFAST.

Artha
08-18-2003, 09:38 AM
french fries with mayo? That's disgusting!

Ben
08-21-2003, 02:53 AM
Actually its good, Ketchup is disgusting

Hips
08-21-2003, 03:49 AM
French fries w/mayo actually isn't that bad. I ate 'em like that when I was in Austria. :roll:

Ben
08-22-2003, 08:15 AM
Bonjour

Artha
08-22-2003, 08:17 AM
I dunno...that cork screw might hurt someone, and we wouldn't want that.

Skirmisher
08-22-2003, 06:39 PM
Bonjour backatcha Ben.

Surrender monkeys...Hehheh...

Tsa`ah
08-22-2003, 09:41 PM
That all depends on the type of "French" business. It's been discussed before. Agriculturally, it's down because our own markets are down.

The pharmaceutical and chemical markets have not been affected one iota.

Machinery, in my neck of the woods, has been minorly affected due to the domestic market slump. We are however still shipping bottled water to Iraq and people haven't slowed their carbonated beverage purchases much.

I certainly haven't heard any news of U.S. military contracts held by the French being dropped.

It would help if we knew exactly what businesses and markets you were referring to.

Neildo
08-23-2003, 02:48 AM
The only time mayo or anything similar touches my fries is when it's touching my tartar sauce from my fish 'n chips. It's not bad but I much prefer icky ketchup. And then there's those that prefer mustard with their french fried pataders. Rhm-hmm.

- N

edge
08-28-2003, 11:58 PM
Kinda sucks a heat wave takes out France and they wanted to be a superpower....Hrm

edge
08-28-2003, 11:59 PM
Eerp

[Edited on 8-29-2003 by edge]

StrayRogue
08-29-2003, 07:59 AM
America is Boycotting French imports/exports etc simply because it as a country did not want to participate in a pretty much unprovoked attack on Iraq. Besides that, they are still one of the economic leaders of Europe and the world. Even without Mother America's approval.

Artha
08-29-2003, 08:33 AM
Not that they didn't want to participate. That they bent over backwards to stop us.

StrayRogue
08-29-2003, 08:35 AM
I guess they felt the invasion of a country with 0 weapon stockpiles was something of a nasty thing to do. I guess they were just following the lead of the entire UN *shrug*. Who knows. Its still a smelly country.

i remember halloween
08-29-2003, 10:08 AM
or they only cared about retaining all of their numerous economic contracts and figured they could rely and retards to defend them on internet message boards.

Skirmisher
08-29-2003, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by Artha
Not that they didn't want to participate. That they bent over backwards to stop us.

Ah well. Not like they could do all that much to help anyway.

It gets hot over there in Iraq and we all have seen, when the temperature gets over 90 degrees or so the French start dropping like flies.

Between wine and cheese breaks and IV rehydration therapy, they would have been far too busy to help the effort.

StrayRogue
08-29-2003, 11:14 AM
Or perhaps maybe, (and the British fell for this one), they didn't want their own troops and correspondants shot by American troops. Maybe, going into a country, murdering innocents (as well as the guilty) seemed like a bad idea to them. Ah well, America never had trouble throwing its weight around.

i remember halloween
08-29-2003, 01:04 PM
keep listen to your michael moore politics for dummies tapes. i can see they are really paying off.

imported_Kranar
08-29-2003, 01:20 PM
StrayRogue, I think it has more to do with the French government not wanting a 22 percent job performance rating. Tony Blair went from 77 percent job approval to 22 percent job approval.

You're British or European I'm assuming, and well some American's, not all, don't understand this concept that governments work for their own people, not the people of the U.S. or of other nations. These same American's think they hold other governments in their pockets and can do whatever they want with them or spit on them. Unfortunately it doesn't work like that, and while it's funny and all to think "Oh the French can't take the heat, they're all dying," the truth is that more American's will die in the U.S. as a result of getting killed by a fellow citizen, then all the French who died from this heatwave, and all the murders in France put together.

In that respect, one could say that while the French can't stand the heat, American's can't stand one another.

Artha
08-29-2003, 03:50 PM
the truth is that more American's will die in the U.S. as a result of getting killed by a fellow citizen, then all the French who died from this heatwave, and all the murders in France put together.

France: 59 million people.
America: 330 million people.

imported_Kranar
08-29-2003, 04:24 PM
Belarus: 10 million people
South Korea: 48 million people
Mars: 0 people

Artha
08-29-2003, 04:34 PM

It's actually got a huge population. They just live underground. They're amassing for a huge attack right when we're closest.

I welcome our martian overlords.

imported_Kranar
08-29-2003, 04:36 PM
You know too much.

StrayRogue
08-29-2003, 04:46 PM
Well gee Kranar, I suppose 10k's worth of dead people is alright, considering America will lose so many more. I never thought of it from that perspective. And halloween, I don't need to read Micheal Moore; our own news service had a tally of how many British soldiers were cut down by Americans. Two reporters were killed by Marines. They were in marked Jeeps. Remember our plane that was shot down? The number of Brits coming back in boxes from American bullets is nearly the same amount as those killed by Iraqi's. But why should I argue with the brainwashed? Murdering innocent people for no reason other than to "get rid of a dictator" (a good reason, but far from the only reason), doesn't sit well with me, nor the majority of my country.

As for you Haloween; you are obviously ignorant, but my advice is read some matierial (Chomsky, Moore etc), that isn't tarnished/biased by the American Government. Or go to Iraq. I don't care either way, I've spoken to enough ignorant Yankee's in my time.

i remember halloween
08-29-2003, 06:17 PM
well i'll let you know that i know several people who have been to Iraq in the past few months and they tell a very different story about the iraqi civilians than you and all the liberals.

StrayRogue
08-29-2003, 06:25 PM
Hell man, I just think murder is wrong.

Ben
08-29-2003, 06:25 PM
America is just Israel's pawn.

Weedmage Princess
08-29-2003, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by Artha

It's actually got a huge population. They just live underground. They're amassing for a huge attack right when we're closest.

I welcome our martian overlords.

Someone at my old job actually purchased either Martian land..or Martian money... :bouncy:

imported_Kranar
08-29-2003, 06:27 PM
Oh wow, someone knows someone in Iraq.

200000 soldiers are in Iraq right now so if you think knowing a couple here and there who have one story about Iraq is somehow the bottom line you're wrong.

Many soldiers have differing stories and opinions on this situation, and we can only admire the fact that they are putting aside their opinions and serving their country. Same goes for the British and Australian soldiers, and all soldiers who risk their lives.

Don't for one second, however, kid yourself that all 200000 solders in Iraq believe in the cause for this war, or are in support of it. Personal experience is usually never an accurate indicator of the truth, infact personal experience implies a bias.

StrayRogue
08-29-2003, 06:29 PM
lol, Well said.

Meos
08-29-2003, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by Kranar

Same goes for the British and Australian soldiers, and all soldiers who risk their lives.

didn't australia just send their navy, exclude them from risking their lives, the war was in a desert.

Artha
08-29-2003, 06:49 PM
The desert by the Persian Gulf...

StrayRogue
08-29-2003, 06:51 PM
Peace man.

HarmNone
08-29-2003, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by StrayRogue
Peace man.

One can only wish it could be so.

HarmNone

StrayRogue
08-29-2003, 07:00 PM
*Hands HarmNone a joint* Smoke that...

Meos
08-29-2003, 07:22 PM
he dooesn't want your england brown town,smoke some of this it's the flame shit bro :snickers:

HarmNone
08-29-2003, 07:26 PM
*Hands HarmNone a joint* Smoke that...

Thank you, dear. I have my own. :D

HarmNone is peaceful

StrayRogue
08-29-2003, 07:30 PM
Dude, whatever, but have you ever seen a violent Pot Head?

edge
08-29-2003, 10:47 PM
Kranar, if Krance was worried about it's people then it would have supported us in the war. They said they didn't at first because it would have hurt them economically and they wanted to try and be a real superpower. Now if they was worried about their economic future. Any person that was putting their country ahead of their personal hatred for America would have jumped on the bandwagon, when they knew was was going, to salvage their economic future. They could have saved face and their countries economic future by joining us, even though we could have been wrong. This is a personal grudge the ruined them by their push to be a superpower and it failed. France would be Germany if not for us right now.

edge

edge
08-29-2003, 10:49 PM
Oh by the way. The UN has been a big failure because of countries like France that has put a price tag on a persons life. The first Bush is as bad as them because he let all those people be gased and listen to the UN to do nothing. 17 resolutions and greedy people like France is the reason we are here now. You know it and I know it. Politicians suck.

edge

imported_Kranar
08-29-2003, 11:24 PM
<< Kranar, if Krance was worried about it's people then it would have supported us in the war. >>

Huh?

Skirmisher
08-29-2003, 11:42 PM
Or perhaps maybe, (and the British fell for this one), they didn't want their own troops and correspondants shot by American troops. Maybe, going into a country, murdering innocents (as well as the guilty) seemed like a bad idea to them. Ah well, America never had trouble throwing its weight around.

Spoken like a true frustrated would be ex super power.

There there, it's all right, maybe they should join a support group. Oh.. I forgot they already did. And then promptly tried to bully the smaller members into silence when they dared disagree with the edicts from france on how to respond to the US overtures for support.

Ah, of course I forgot, its only evil when the US tries to garner support, when the all knowing and benevelant france does it I'm sure it comes from the heart, is never self serving but is purely meant to aid those smaller countries, right?

Riiiiight.:rolleyes:

i remember halloween
08-30-2003, 10:32 AM
Oh wow, someone knows someone in Iraq.

200000 soldiers are in Iraq right now so if you think knowing a couple here and there who have one story about Iraq is somehow the bottom line you're wrong.

Many soldiers have differing stories and opinions on this situation, and we can only admire the fact that they are putting aside their opinions and serving their country. Same goes for the British and Australian soldiers, and all soldiers who risk their lives.

Don't for one second, however, kid yourself that all 200000 solders in Iraq believe in the cause for this war, or are in support of it. Personal experience is usually never an accurate indicator of the truth, infact personal experience implies a bias.

and you know all of zero people in iraq so why don't you stop being a hypocrit?

StrayRogue
08-30-2003, 10:47 AM
I am not going to argue with American's; As soon as the old biggie, 'America won WW2 came out', I knew you were pretty much a slave to the propoganda machine. Hey, perhaps, and this is just a thought, France didn't go to war, because they didn't want to kill people. War is NOT a good thing. It costs money, and has lasting repercussions. Perhaps they didn't want Terrorist groups or supporters sniping their population, or blowing up their planes.

And Skirmisher, I am not French.

Nearly the entire UN did not want this war. Of course, as has happened on a few occasions, the US ignores the organization they claim to believe in (of course when someone else goes against the UN, America is the first to jump down their throats. Hypocrits). Now information has been revealed (In Europe) that there are NO weapons of mass destruction in Iraq. Further evidence supports (due to the recent Suicide of David Kelly) that both the UK and the US knew there were no weapons in Iraq.

You dumb fuckers couldn't even kill Sadam.

So beyond letting a dictator escape, kill hundreds and destroy thousands of lives, devastate a country, and give the Iraqi's cause to welcome the Al queda into the country, what has been the result of this invasion? Well the US now has a foothold in the middle-east. Oil perhaps?

Edaarin
08-30-2003, 10:56 AM
Well the US now has a foothold in the middle-east. Oil perhaps?

I don't know about everyone else, but I'm paying $1.72 on the gallon right now. Not exactly what I would call a foothold.

StrayRogue
08-30-2003, 11:06 AM
Well, the foothold is all speculation; it all depends on what America chooses to do now. If it decides to leave a lasting presence in Iraq, well 20 years from now America will be firmly in charge (an estimate taken from the newspaper). If they leave, I will admit defeat in the fact that I believe America went to war simply for money/oil and NOT humanitarian aid, as people so blindly believe.

But hey, this is my opinion. And I stress that.

Skirmisher
08-30-2003, 11:15 AM
I am not going to argue with American's; As soon as the old biggie, 'America won WW2 came out', I knew you were pretty much a slave to the propoganda machine.

I know you aren't talking to me.

Hey, perhaps, and this is just a thought, France didn't go to war, because they didn't want to kill people. War is NOT a good thing. It costs money, and has lasting repercussions. Perhaps they didn't want Terrorist groups or supporters sniping their population, or blowing up their planes.

Or, another possibility is that they would have been unable to control things enough to get what they wanted out of the situation. I am sure you will not try to claim that France has a history of nonviolence and non aggression.

And Skirmisher, I am not French.

I took that into consideration as you will have to agree if you reread my post and see that nowhere did I say you were.

I did however enjoy popping some of the ego of the French who love to think they are above it all and have never had ulterior motives for anything evair.

Nearly the entire UN did not want this war. Of course, as has happened on a few occasions, the US ignores the organization they claim to believe in (of course when someone else goes against the UN, America is the first to jump down their throats. Hypocrits). Now information has been revealed (In Europe) that there are NO weapons of mass destruction in Iraq. Further evidence supports (due to the recent Suicide of David Kelly) that both the UK and the US knew there were no weapons in Iraq.

Hell , I knew there were most likely no weapons of mass destruction there, if you fell for that ruse than please begin kicking yourself now.

You dumb fuckers couldn't even kill Sadam.

Someone needs a nap.

So beyond letting a dictator escape, kill hundreds and destroy thousands of lives, devastate a country, and give the Iraqi's cause to welcome the Al queda into the country, what has been the result of this invasion? Well the US now has a foothold in the middle-east. Oil perhaps?

Hmmm, I'm trying to remember which country it was that gave shelter to the man who helped drive Iran 50 years into the past, who helped them into an armed conflict with iraq that killed tens of thousands and sent wave after wave of teenagers in civil war style charges that were doomed to failure before they even started.

Oh yes, that would be France.

See, no country is blameless, to try to play as if they are is to invite critcism to which there is no real defense.

A more mature way to look at things is to admit that every country acts in it's own best interest period.

I am more than willing to say that the US while more than happy to get good press when possible for the smallest outlay of people/energy/money possible definitely looks out for number one first always.

The sooner everyone will just accept that, the easier it will be to have a constructive dialogue.

If however some wish to simply go back and forth pointing out blemishes on each other, well I can do that too it just gets boring after a while.

StrayRogue
08-30-2003, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by Skirmisher

Oh yes, that would be France.

See, no country is blameless, to try to play as if they are is to invite critcism to which there is no real defense.

A more mature way to look at things is to admit that every country acts in it's own best interest period.

I am more than willing to say that the US while more than happy to get good press when possible for the smallest outlay of people/energy/money possible definitely looks out for number one first always.

The sooner everyone will just accept that, the easier it will be to have a constructive dialogue.

If however some wish to simply go back and forth pointing out blemishes on each other, well I can do that too it just gets boring after a while.

Skirmisher, we have come to the same conclusion from different paths; No country is blameless. We both know America went to war with Iraq for its own interests, and not primarily to free the Iraqi's from oppression.

Similarily to the French argument, America has sold weapons to its enimies, (it trained the Bin Laden's men in the Russia/Afghan war). No one is guiltless.

You are 100% correct that the US, and hell the UK (Blair joined the US simply as the lesser of two evils; go to war, which is and has become politically sour, or, as France is getting now, having its American exports/imports limited). I just hate, HATE it how the general populace thinks America is there for the "right" reasons.

edge
08-31-2003, 06:47 PM
<I am not going to argue with American's; As soon as the old biggie, 'America won WW2 came out', I knew you were pretty much a slave to the propoganda machine. Hey, perhaps, and this is just a thought, France didn't go to war, because they didn't want to kill people. War is NOT a good thing. It costs money, and has lasting repercussions. Perhaps they didn't want Terrorist groups or supporters sniping their population, or blowing up their planes. >

No they just sink Green Peace ships...Oops. The ship was sunk by the French Secret Service in an attempt to prevent Green Peace from protesting upcoming nuclear testing in the South Pacific. Way to go guys!

[Edited on 8-31-2003 by edge]

imported_Kranar
08-31-2003, 07:51 PM
<< and you know all of zero people in iraq so why don't you stop being a hypocrit? >>

huh?

Some of you guys really need to learn how to make a point and back it up.

Tendarian
08-31-2003, 10:51 PM
Just out of curiousity,do some of you think any reason for war is a good reason? Some of you sound like pacifists is all.

edge
08-31-2003, 11:37 PM
I think if it's for the greater good. I think genocide is a good reason to help them. UN was made to do something about these type of things. But has been a huge failure. Iraq should have been a UN conflict, but countries likew France who let personal or political grudges make up their minds. US is not perfect and has done it. But it's what we do now that should be taken into account. France betrayed us and the world in my opinion over their oil deals. Then they betrayed their own country by not joining in the battle to save their economy. Now they are selling off all their US interests and causing anything French here to do bankrupt. Just because they tried to make a political move. Hell, they tried to start world war 3 just to position themselves into a superpower. Had nothing to do with the Iraqies but their own personal interest. Now lets hope Bush will let the UN take over in Iraq. That will be in the best interest of Iraq.

Take your anti-US stances. But war is a necessary evil in our world. We sat around in WW2 and they destroyed Pearl Harbor. We did a preimptive step here. Iraq was a threat in one way or another. Saddam would pay 25k to any suicide bombers family that would attack Isreal. Our ally. Un should have stepped in 16 resolutions ago but they did not because of countries like France that had oil deals with them.

I will stop here. Burns my ass about France and their betrayel.

Tendarian
09-01-2003, 12:21 AM
Nearly the entire UN did not want this war.

from a different thread
follow the crowd. Do as your told. Be the sheep.

The US is nobodies sheep :smilegrin:

[Edited on 9-1-2003 by Tendarian]

imported_Kranar
09-01-2003, 12:30 AM
Nor is France, Germany, or Canada.

edge
09-01-2003, 12:44 AM
Well if it wasn't for us it would have only been Germany and Canada. Oh well. This betrayel will take a generation or more to bridge the gap in our relationship. France destroyed itself. They showed such self-interest and spit on human rights. Way to go! YA! Let's make the world a worse place instead of better. I like that thought. France, Germany and Canada can keep the mindset of people like Ben.

Scott
09-01-2003, 12:47 AM
I hate France because there people and their government has always been rude to America. I could care less about their stance on the war. Nothing like a country full of snobs that are just SO rude to American's when they are in the country.

edge
09-01-2003, 12:48 AM
LOL. Dennis Miller said the same thing.

Back
09-01-2003, 01:06 AM
I AM SICK OF THIS SHIT!!! YOU SUXORS! FUCKING PUPPETS! YOU <3 BUSH UP YOUR ASS!

Scott
09-01-2003, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by Backlash

Are you seriously for real? I almost feel sorry for you if you are.

edge
09-01-2003, 01:12 AM
lol

Tendarian
09-01-2003, 01:13 AM
You have to admit melt downs are funny.

Back
09-01-2003, 01:14 AM
Originally posted by Gemstone101

Are you seriously for real? I almost feel sorry for you if you are.

I might be a figment of your subconcious. You never know.

Suprised you didn't pull that post. It was a test, I admit.

Maybe you should pull it. it might be considered anti-american FUCVKING ANTIBULKLSHIT

Scott
09-01-2003, 01:16 AM
I don't pull posts because of peoples opinions, no matter how different they are from mine.

[Edited on 9-1-2003 by Gemstone101]

Tendarian
09-01-2003, 01:21 AM
Definately dont pull it,its pretty funny.

Ravenstorm
09-01-2003, 01:22 AM
I hate France because there people and their government has always been rude to America.

You might want to look into just how unlikely it would have been for a certain group of rebels to win a war of independence /without/ the aid of France. To say they have done nothing for us is just ignorant propoganda spread by the creators of 'Freedom Fries'.

Raven

Back
09-01-2003, 01:24 AM
Gemstone101 has never been there either.

Scott
09-01-2003, 01:26 AM
Originally posted by Ravenstorm

I hate France because there people and their government has always been rude to America.

You might want to look into just how unlikely it would have been for a certain group of rebels to win a war of independence /without/ the aid of France. To say they have done nothing for us is just ignorant propoganda spread by the creators of 'Freedom Fries'.

Raven

What does that have to do with the people/governement of France being rude to american's? First off, France helped America in the Revolutionary War for their OWN benifit, not ours. However that isn't a question right now, France for the most parts and ignorant snobs to American's. That is why I dispise France. Not because Bush doesn't like France, not because they didn't help us in the Iraqui was, and not because other people are following along. I've hated France well before this war and I will do so until France stops being the way they are to American's. Not American governement, AMERICAN'S.

edge
09-01-2003, 01:26 AM
At least freedom fries was meant as a Patriotic act to support the cause. Idiot fries was made by hate mongers to hurt and demean. France deserves everything they have brought upon themselves. Their poor judgement has caused them billions and will cost billions more in the future. Wow, sure was in their best interest to create hate between us even more.

edge
09-01-2003, 01:28 AM
I have to say. The idiot fries commercials they ran soured me the most on France. I was staying unbaised till those started.

Back
09-01-2003, 01:29 AM
I've hated France well before this war and I will do so until France stops being the way they are to American's. Not American governement, AMERICAN'S.

Ever been there? I'll assume you have. Was it really that bad? Cause, I had no problems. Of course, I went before 9/11 CIA RUN COUNRTY WART!!!!!!!S

Scott
09-01-2003, 01:29 AM
Gemstone101 has never been there either.

Oh good. Let's begin....

You call me a bush lover because I don't like France. Why is it that you can have an opinion about the France situation and when I have an opinion, I'm suddenly a follower because it isn't the same as yours? I'm sorry that I made an educated decision on my own that doesn't follow your's. I guess I'm just a follower.

Back
09-01-2003, 01:33 AM
You call me a bush lover because I don't like France. Why is it that you can have an opinion about the France situation and when I have an opinion, I'm suddenly a follower because it isn't the same as yours? I'm sorry that I made an educated decision on my own that doesn't follow your's. I guess I'm just a follower.

Paris rocks yo. Check it. I was lucky to see it. Babes to blow yor mind. Good shirts and pants. Bistros! MADAME FROMAGE! Paris rocks.

Scott
09-01-2003, 01:36 AM
<<<Paris rocks yo. Check it. I was lucky to see it. Babes to blow yor mind. Good shirts and pants. Bistros! MADAME FROMAGE! Paris rocks.>>>

Way to dodge the issue. I figured you were nothing more then an uninformed person who has nothing to back up his side of the arguement.

imported_Kranar
09-01-2003, 01:37 AM
Most Americans who visit France come back feeling the same way.

It's the U.S. media that has blown this thing out of proportion into thinking that because the French oppose the war, which they do, they are anti-American and hate the U.S.

It's the simply not the case. American's who visit there aren't hated, and they see that the French are human beings just like them.

It's quite frankly a low point of humankind that we hate people we have never met. Guilt by association.

edge
09-01-2003, 01:39 AM
Kranar what about the 'idiot cheese' commercials they was airing there? How can you see that any way other then Anti-american and makes you not want to ever go there.

Scott
09-01-2003, 01:39 AM
<<<Most Americans who visit France come back feeling the same way.

It's the U.S. media that has blown this thing out of proportion into thinking that because the French oppose the war, which they do, they are anti-American and hate the U.S.

It's the simply not the case. American's who visit there aren't hated, and they see that the French are human beings just like them.

It's quite frankly a low point of humankind that we hate people we have never met. Guilt by association.>>>

You should know me well enough to know that I don't follow people at all. I have my own opinions about everything. I spent 2 months in France and quite often I was treated like crap. I go by personal experiences, not by what other people say.

Tendarian
09-01-2003, 01:41 AM
It's quite frankly a low point of humankind that we hate people we have never met. Guilt by association.

I agree with this and would like to add americans face this more than any other country id bet the farm on it.

edge
09-01-2003, 01:41 AM
Yes I have been to France myself. But they was cold to Americans I felt. But not unfriendly. You should be weary of strangers, but now I have no desire to ever return there. That is a shame to. They have done nothing to try and bridge the gap in this misunderstanding. So what do they do? Air 'idiot cheese' commercials.

imported_Kranar
09-01-2003, 01:43 AM
<< I go by personal experiences, not by what other people say. >>

Personal experience is often very dangerous and misleading.

edge
09-01-2003, 01:43 AM
<I agree with this and would like to add americans face this more than any other country id bet the farm on it.>

I agree with that. I always joke I am going to adopt a foreign accent when I leave the country because we are so hated now.

imported_Kranar
09-01-2003, 01:44 AM
<< I agree with this and would like to add americans face this more than any other country id bet the farm on it. >>

Oh I agree, Americans are hated simply for being Americans.

What's dangerous is that now Americans are hating others, simply for being non-American.

Ravenstorm
09-01-2003, 01:47 AM
What does that have to do with the people/governement of France being rude to american's?

Actually, it has more to do with that /always/ you stuck in there. France and its people have not /always/ disliked Americans. But it has more to do with so many people going on and on about how France has never done anything for us despite 'what we did for them during WWII. '

Well, the truth of the matter is that is just bullshit. The US is, to a very large degree, only a country now because of France. We owed them. We liberated them from Germany? Hey, great. The helped us first. So by rights, we should be kissing their asses right? After all, they did us a huge favor so now we should never disagree with their holy decrees.

That's what people want them to do isn't it? Agree with us no matter what?

Raven

imported_Kranar
09-01-2003, 01:52 AM
Honestly Edge, I sometimes do feel for you.

The idiot cheese was a Saturday Night Live Joke that just spread over the internet.

No commercial ever promoted idiot cheese, the French don't even HAVE American cheese period. It was supposed to be a joke to make fun of how stupid it is to rename French fries, Freedom fries.

I guess it just flew by the heads of some people.

Back
09-01-2003, 01:54 AM
Oh I agree, Americans are hated simply for being Americans.

Yep, if you travel fellow Americans, best say you are from Canada. Better yet... get some fake teeth that look bad.

Tendarian
09-01-2003, 01:54 AM
Notice how no one is hating germany all that much over this? They dared to disagree with us but they didnt go overboard. Lots of countries disagreed with us but its the french we are mad at,might be a reason for that.

imported_Kranar
09-01-2003, 02:01 AM
Honestly Edge, the fact that you actually believed that a SNL joke about "idiot cheese" was real, factual, news, just illustrates to me anyways, that perhaps you're not looking at this issue from well... the most sincerest of perspectives.

Back
09-01-2003, 02:21 AM
Notice how no one is hating germany all that much over this? They dared to disagree with us but they didnt go overboard. Lots of countries disagreed with us but its the french we are mad at,might be a reason for that.

I'll chill on this.

Maybee........................................ no...

YOUR FUCKING NUTS!! DONT BELIEVE WHAT THEY TEL UPUI!

Tendarian
09-01-2003, 02:25 AM
Lol i love your posts Backlash. They definately have passion if nothing else.

edge
09-01-2003, 11:09 PM
<Honestly Edge, the fact that you actually believed that a SNL joke about "idiot cheese" was real, factual, news, just illustrates to me anyways, that perhaps you're not looking at this issue from well... the most sincerest of perspectives.>

O'Reilly Factor was wrong then?

Tsa`ah
09-02-2003, 07:30 AM
To say the French are rude by rule of personal experience is somewhat justified. To say the French are rude because that is common knowledge is completely ignorant.

I'm sorry, but not all of France is rude. Certainly you will come across a large amount of snobbish and rude behavior if you're in a metropolitan area such as Paris or even Marseille. Much like the US, the more heavily populated the area, the more of an attraction it is, the less tolerant the locals are with visitors.

Can you honestly say you've been to NY, Chicago, LA, or any other major city in the US and not been treated rudely?

Tourists are a dime a dozen in large and well known cities, just as rude locals are. I for one enjoyed visiting Europe and had the best food and personal interaction in the smaller villages. The same can be said stateside.

As per topic, I've yet to see anyone point out where the French are losing billions and on the verge of going bankrupt.

Anyone care to post the unemployment rates in France since our little war?

How about the performance of the French in say the commodity markets?

It's unfounded and unreasearched blanket statements that title posts like this that make the majority of Americans look ignorant. We obviously have internet access since we're utilizing this board, why not do some research and then ask a real question.

Ravenstorm
09-02-2003, 11:24 AM
Actually, I'm fairly sure that the revenue of French owned businesses must be down and that tourism to France is also down. Why? Let's see...

The stock market crashed hard and it still hasn't recovered to where it was.

The numerous criminal offenses of the corporations totally screwing their employees.

The criminal offenses of the brokerage houses screwing their 'public' customers in favor of their corporate ones.

An unemployment rate higher than it has been in a very long time with lay offs continuing.

An economy that sucks and doesn't look like it's going to recover any time soon.

Dubya taking us - in a mere two years - from the largest surplus in history to the largest deficit in history.

So yes, I'm sure that American money isn't going to the French like it used to... Because it's not going to anyone like it used to.

Raven

longshot
09-02-2003, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by Tsa`ah
To say the French are rude by rule of personal experience is somewhat justified. To say the French are rude because that is common knowledge is completely ignorant.

I'm sorry, but not all of France is rude. Certainly you will come across a large amount of snobbish and rude behavior if you're in a metropolitan area such as Paris or even Marseille. Much like the US, the more heavily populated the area, the more of an attraction it is, the less tolerant the locals are with visitors.

This is very true. I told this to friends of mine, that it seemed like the people started to become rude the closer we came to Paris.

In the South, people were really nice and friendly. I was actually surprised. It was nothing like I expected.

My summer internship before my senior year of college was for a wine distributor. Own and run by Americans. They are seriously hurting now from what I hear.

Despite what most Americans tend to believe, there are other countries that drink wine.

I doubt the French are hurting so terribly as a small minorty would like to believe they are.