PDA

View Full Version : Why for it no like my avatar?

subzero
09-10-2011, 11:14 PM
I get the following error trying to link to some avatars that are within the size and resolution range:

Upload failed due to failure writing temporary file.

Why?!

Sam
09-10-2011, 11:19 PM
That thing's always finicky for me.

4a6c1
09-10-2011, 11:23 PM
I always have to tweak my settings on our trojanface work computers first. Internet Options, Temp Internet Files Settings, Check for Newer versions of stored pages: automatically. And gif and other files might work for other people but the PC will only take Jpeg from me. Make sure the file is saved as such. MKAY bye.

subzero
09-10-2011, 11:38 PM
I always have to tweak my settings on our trojanface work computers first. Internet Options, Temp Internet Files Settings, Check for Newer versions of stored pages: automatically. And gif and other files might work for other people but the PC will only take Jpeg from me. Make sure the file is saved as such. MKAY bye.

Unfortunately, that didn't work. The files are jpgs and I couldn't find the settings you mentioned. I usually use firefox, but figured I'd take a look at IE and see if that would do the trick, but I still didn't see a temporary file setting. Could be that I'm not using IE9 (I think thats the latest?), but oh well. Guess I'll chalk it up to the thing just being finicky. Thanks anyway.

Stanley Burrell
09-11-2011, 05:21 AM
>prompt $P$G$

%temp% is your %userprofile% if you just directory it. You're looking for another Tempor~1, maybe, that you need to dir/a with. And that won't show you the JPEG/whatever files. Best thing to do is know how to regedit it out.

Back to cmd, if you know how to use powershell, go from there. And, as always, CCleaner.

Stanley Burrell
09-11-2011, 05:23 AM
Actually, do ... stuff. And then dir/a your %userprofile%'s local settings for temp files (*.*)

Look for your content files.

subzero
09-11-2011, 01:25 PM
Cleaned out the temp directories and got the same error. I'm getting around it by taking the long route: upload and resize the pictures on the image host, then saving the file and uploading it on here via the upload option rather than linking to the host.