PDA

View Full Version : Rift Babies

Edaarin
05-29-2004, 10:33 PM
I hate it when I see Thoranios or Talman in the Rift. They beg for spells, they act like retards, and they whine constantly about the lack of healers or what not. I've heard Thoranios on more than one occasion ask for "Healing pwease," which for some reason I can't fathom annoys the crap out of me.

So anyway, here's a mind numbing log.

Talman waves energetically. The air movement from his hand sends a cloud of sand rising slowly from the duned floor. It expands, gaining velocity and mass, almost as if it has a mind of its own!
Talman begins to cough violently!
Tatiyanna begins to cough violently!
>Wouldn't be so bad, but he's done this like TEN FREAKING TIMES since he's started hunting here
>

This part of the cavern seems intimate after the expansiveness just around a bend of the red stone. Recesses all along the east wall give the rock a filigreed appearance which belies the vast size of each enclosure. The fine sand is a constant carpet, however, the light it expends is much dimmer here, fading to a soft twilight within the eastern niches. To the south, the walls swirl to create an oval passageway into another cavern where more of the recesses can be glimpsed. You also see the Tatiyanna disk, some silver coins, a jagged stone ledge with some stuff on it and a narrow fissure.
Also here: Talman who is sitting, Lady Xeldria who is kneeling, Tatiyanna who is kneeling
Obvious exits: south, southwest
>
A fine silvery mist appears as Sirinna fades into view beside you.
>
The appearance of great calm leaves Tatiyanna as she looks up and glances around.

>
A fine silvery mist appears as Valanna fades into view beside you.
>
Tatiyanna begins to meditate on her lot in life.
>
The appearance of great calm leaves Tatiyanna as her concentration is broken by Valanna.

Valanna taps Tatiyanna lightly on her shoulder.
>
Valanna snaps her fingers.
>
(Talman writes in the sand will someone heal me?)
>[b]I've seen people do something like this before, but only if they were dying or something. He had like a bunch of minors.
Valanna cowers away from Tatiyanna!
>
Valanna nods to Talman.
>
Valanna smiles.
>
Valanna meditates over Talman.
Valanna takes Talman's chest damage.
>
Valanna takes Talman's left arm damage.
>
Valanna takes Talman's right leg damage.
>
Valanna takes all of Talman's blood loss.
>
Valanna murmurs a simple, mystical chant...
>
Valanna concentrates.
Valanna looks a little better.
>
Tatiyanna bursts into a hacking cough, shuddering at the violence of the outburst.
>
Tatiyanna whines at Valanna!
>
Valanna begins pouting.
>
(Talman writes in the sand "thank you")
>
Tatiyanna nods to Valanna.
>
Valanna asks, "Who did it?"
>
Tatiyanna begins to cough violently!
>
Tatiyanna just nudged Talman.
>
Valanna chuckles.
>
>
(Talman writes in the sand sorry, learning from my mistakes)
>Are you now...watch for what happens later.
Valanna gestures.
Valanna's left arm looks better.
>
>
Valanna gestures.
Valanna's chest looks better.
>
Tatiyanna grins at Talman.
>
>
Valanna gestures.
>
>
Valanna gestures.
Valanna's right leg looks better.
>
Tatiyanna bursts into a hacking cough, shuddering at the violence of the outburst.
>
Talman makes a painful coughing sound.
>
>
Valanna gestures.
>
Tatiyanna snaps her fingers.
>
>
Valanna gestures.
>
>
Valanna gestures.
Valanna's right leg looks better.
>
>
Valanna gestures.
Valanna's chest looks better.
>
(Talman writes "can anyone cast me with the minor spirit spells?" in the stand with his claidhmore)
>
Valanna gestures while calling upon the lesser spirits for aid...
>
Valanna gestures at Talman.
A deep blue glow surrounds Talman.
>
>
A deep blue glow surrounds Talman.
>
Tatiyanna raises a hand while murmuring a soft orison...
>
Tatiyanna gestures at Valanna.
The urglaes fang which Valanna is holding suddenly glows with an intensely bright light!
>
>
Tatiyanna pants.
>
A light blue glow surrounds Talman.
>
Valanna lets out a cheer!
>
Valanna put an urglaes fang in her hooded cloak.
>
>
Tatiyanna grins.
>
A light blue glow surrounds Talman.
>
Tatiyanna calmly asks, "Just the one hun?"
>
Valanna traces a sign while petitioning the spirits for cognition...
>
A dim aura surrounds Talman.
>
Valanna nods to Tatiyanna.
>
Tatiyanna nods.
>
>
Talman suddenly looks more powerful.
>
Valanna snickers.
>
Tatiyanna calmly says, "Back to sleeps."
>
Tatiyanna giggles.
>
Tatiyanna begins to meditate on her lot in life.
>
Talman smiles.
>
Talman deeply says, "Thank you."
>
Talman coughs.
>
Talman coughs.
>
Valanna says, "Join for the ride to Pinefar..."
>
A golden aura fades from Xeldria.
>
Sirinna joins Valanna's group.
>
Talman checks his equipment, adjusting and rearranging his gear.
>
Talman waves energetically. The air movement from his hand sends a cloud of sand rising slowly from the duned floor. It expands, gaining velocity and mass, almost as if it has a mind of its own!
>Yes, he actually did it again. Fucking retard.

In short, this is why high level warriors whose names begin with T should never be sold.

Trinitis
05-29-2004, 10:41 PM
As for the sharing of spells, I was taught that in the rift, everyone looks out for everyone else, reguardless of personal feelings. Cause frankly, if you piss off the only two people there at the time, your ass is rottin.

Morstanya made that fact clear to me. Then quickly followed with a short, information packed lecture about the pack on the ledge.

For this reason alone, I grant spells to others when I'm not about to go hunting. If I am about to leave, I say so and they understand, and most will wait till I come back for the spellup.

-Adredrin

Artha
05-29-2004, 10:41 PM
Start killing him when he does it. He'll learn eventually.

Edaarin
05-29-2004, 10:44 PM
I'm nitpicking now, but the excessive obsequiousness is getting annoying too.

A fine silvery mist appears as Talman fades into view beside you.
>
Talman bows to Siwas.
>
* Herektir just bit the dust!
>
Talman deeply says, "I could use your healing powers Master Healer Siwas."
>
Talman bows to Siwas.
>

As for watching out for one another...I'm of the opinion that if you can't hunt on Plane 1 without getting spells you can't cast yourself, you suck at life. I don't even hunt with a shield or put up 406/401 anymore, and I KNOW those spells.

Trinitis
05-29-2004, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by Edaarin

>
Talman bows to Siwas.
>
>
>
Talman bows to Siwas.
>

As for watching out for one another...I'm of the opinion that if you can't hunt on Plane 1 without getting spells you can't cast yourself, you suck at life. I don't even hunt with a shield or put up 406/401 anymore, and I KNOW those spells.

Hell, I have trouble hunting Plane 1 with all my bloody spells!! Course, I'm like, 9 levels younger then them..I think. Something like that.

Atlanteax
05-29-2004, 11:00 PM
I can understand uphunting Plane 1 in GS3, but not in GS4.

People who would piss me off with retarded behavior similiar to the kind of Thoranios and Talman, I leave them to rot on the Planes.

I regularly rescued people who do make a contribution to the Rift area, especially Clerics and Empaths and other regular rescuers/draggers.

I think one day, I dragged off 11 people, ranging from Plane 1 to 3. Was one of those days where everyone seems to die on 2 (where most of bodies were).

I left Plane 5 when the Vaesps got their implosions back, though by then, I was a few trains above them, so going to EN Barrier to hunt Griffins and Seers would had been more prudent anyways.

I don't think I miss the Rift anymore, the long long drop was an annoyance as well as the moving doors/mirror (despite eventually learning the planes like the back of my hand).

Hunting Ithzir is nice and simple by comparision... pop in, remove some skulls, pop out.... usually around 5-10 minutes. In Rift, it'd be long drop, wander hoping for critters, and wander around looking for way out... bleh.

I doubt I'll go back to Rift unless they put in some kind of elder souls or elder vaesps that are like 97 trains. Though that'd make 5 even more frustrating for those younger than 93.

Trinitis
05-29-2004, 11:06 PM
I try to go outta my way to help people. But if said person kept making me choke like that, a nice broken limb is in order.

Syberus
05-29-2004, 11:08 PM
I love 5. But I think that's only because I'm well.. 89 now I trained yesterday.. but 5 is a cakewalk for me. 111 destroys Vaesps easy.. and 703 + implosion takes care of souls without any trouble. It's also relatively safe for the most part unless I get ewaved and then imploded.. but that happens like once a week maybe?

Gee.. I hope I'm not one of those people everyone bitches about when I'm not around up there..

Trinitis
05-29-2004, 11:14 PM
You wanna complain about someone? What about that damn Syberus guy?! He is ALWAYS stealing all the critters! He takes over plane 5 like he owns the damn place and don't let anyone else hunt! Bastard!!

/removes tongue from cheek.

Atlanteax
05-29-2004, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by LordAdredrin
I try to go outta my way to help people. But if said person kept making me choke like that, a nice broken limb is in order.

It's easier when no one goes to rescue said person.

It can be quite effective in making those people stop coming to the Rift. :smug:

Edaarin
05-29-2004, 11:18 PM
Nah...there's very little conversation at all. It's limited to things like

<Risky bashes a box>
<Cryheart leans on his shield and daydreams>
<Xeldria meditates>
<Starna lights a censer, and meditates>
<I pick my boxes then hide AFK>
<Someone asks me to pick>
<Someone goes to make a rescue>

It's sorta like Teras II...powerhunting 101. Nothing really wrong with it, and it's not like I'm doing anything to change it. Just sort of dull.

Atlanteax
05-29-2004, 11:50 PM
Nah...there's very little conversation at all. It's limited to things like

<Risky bashes a box>
<Cryheart leans on his shield and daydreams>
<Xeldria meditates>
<Starna lights a censer, and meditates>
<I pick my boxes then hide AFK>
<Someone asks me to pick>
<Someone goes to make a rescue>

It's sorta like Teras II...powerhunting 101. Nothing really wrong with it, and it's not like I'm doing anything to change it. Just sort of dull.

Not to be Rift-bashing... but just wanted to point out that THAT is one big reason why I don't miss the Rift much anymore.

Even Pinefar is more social than the Cavern.. :lol:

Galleazzo
05-30-2004, 02:59 AM
So if no one's RPing why are you bitching at someone who does something, at least?

Or is it just that you want to powerhunt without anyone bothering you? Hey, no problem, just squelch everyone else. Yer all set then!

:coffee:

Snowman
05-30-2004, 03:21 AM
Originally posted by Artha
Start killing him when he does it. He'll learn eventually.

Spoken like a true 50 something, I encourage you to practice this attitude at the last areas of the game without being an MA'er.

If you are an MA'er please disregard this post and continue to play among yourself.

D~

jhalynn
05-30-2004, 10:22 AM
[quote]Originally posted by Edaarin

>
Talman bows to Siwas.
>
>
>
Talman bows to Siwas.
>

Master Healer, indeed.. why does everyone think I'm male?

Anyway, my reaction to him asking me for healing yet again was to sit very, very still, pretend I was a statue, and not move until he had healed himself with herbs. Talman is an ungrateful bastard with an overdeveloped sense of entitlement.

Most of the people who ask for spells or healing up in the Rift have common courtesy.. you know, using words like, 'please', or offering to send mana. Talman just expects people to drop what they're doing to spell him up, regardless of what else they're doing at the moment, and then verbally sulks if nobody does it. "There isn't anyone here who can cast minor spirit or minor elemental spells?"

I also have a problem with people who ask me for "101 103 107 120", which he's done on numerous occasions.

Oh, and asking for healing when you're standing IN FRONT OF THE DOOR back into the Cavern of Ages from a healer who's obviously trying to hunt with a partner is just.. rude.

Lynne, player of Siwas

Artha
05-30-2004, 10:29 AM
Spoken like a true 50 something, I encourage you to practice this attitude at the last areas of the game without being an MA'er.

If you are an MA'er please disregard this post and continue to play among yourself.

One account, oldest character is 26.

I like the play amongst yourself thing though...I'll have to use that eventually.

Warriorbird
05-30-2004, 10:56 AM
Galleazo...they're just extremely dim for their age. I think that's Edaarin's problem with them.

Rowi
05-30-2004, 12:26 PM
Mental note...............always wave when Edaarin is resting in rift.......just to piss him off.......!

pennywise
05-30-2004, 01:07 PM
Dont just wave at him, I believe you can also jump, kick, fall, and several other annoying and excusable (at least the first or second time) ways to force the dust into the air.

Edaarin
05-30-2004, 02:55 PM
...because it's a character complaint? You've been here awhile, wtf do you expect from a folder entitled Character Complaints.

Nakiro
05-30-2004, 05:14 PM
If you're not socializing (which isn't uncommon for the Rift) there are three other rooms, all nodes, that you can rest in to avoid listening to him.

As for refering to you as Master Healer Siwas Lynne, I think he did it out of courtsey since Master Healer is a title available to both sexes. I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't recognize your sex though.

As for saying please, he probably would if you asked him to do so. Sitting there doing nothing isn't going to make your problem go away, or teach him anything other than to use herbs (he most likely just thinks you are AFK).

As for asking for spells, yah it can be annoying sometimes, but if you don't want to listen to it leave the room or walk away. Some people don't *need* spells per say, but its going to prevent there 1/5 unsuccessful hunts, and keep them from asking to be healed again and again. In the end that means less work for you or other people.

Yah the sand thing is annoying though, I'll give you that.

jhalynn
05-30-2004, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by Nakiro
If you're not socializing (which isn't uncommon for the Rift) there are three other rooms, all nodes, that you can rest in to avoid listening to him.

As for refering to you as Master Healer Siwas Lynne, I think he did it out of courtsey since Master Healer is a title available to both sexes. I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't recognize your sex though.

As for saying please, he probably would if you asked him to do so. Sitting there doing nothing isn't going to make your problem go away, or teach him anything other than to use herbs (he most likely just thinks you are AFK).

I've told him to say please before. I've asked him to be polite before. He does the 'falling all over himself' obesequiousness someone referred to in this thread earlier, apologizes until he gets what he wants, then just does it again the next time.

As for not recognizing my gender.. is it really that hard to LOOK at a person before you talk to them, especially when you've talked to them several times? I don't think it's that unreasonable.

And if I 'teach him how to use herbs'.. great. It's what they're there for. Self-sufficiency is a wonderful thing, and something he seems to know nothing about. It'd be a good thing to learn.

Lynne, player of Siwas

Nakiro
05-30-2004, 05:48 PM
No argument about self sufficency. Its why I can't get over playing an empath.

If he's being that much of a hard on, just say no and leave it at that. I just don't see how not interacting at all is helping anything.

You could be more subtle, like hum, or turn away from him, or cough, or raise your eye, etc. Flat out ignoring people just seems kind of blagerant.

Your name does appear masculine, in my opinion. That isn't an excuse for his actions, just a statement.

Edaarin
05-31-2004, 02:57 PM
Sorry, I just thought this was funny.

You say, "Man that guy gets on my nerves..."
>
Turinrond snickers to himself.
>
Turinrond coughs.
>
Ryever nods.
>
Turinrond nods.
>
Ryever says, "I concur."
>
Xeldria says, "We should just kill him."
>
Xeldria nods.
>
Xeldria twiddles her thumbs.
>
Xeldria stares off into space.
>
Turinrond looks thoughtfully at Xeldria.
>
* The death cry of Talman echoes in your mind!
>
Ryever laughs!
>
Turinrond coldly says, "Someone thought the same."
>
Xeldria says, "Well, he didn't last long."

Atlanteax
05-31-2004, 08:37 PM

You guys didn't go out to get his corpse, did you? I hope not...

Edaarin
05-31-2004, 10:06 PM
We didn't, but someone dragged him in and raised him.

Mint
05-31-2004, 10:19 PM
This guy Talman was on the Dhu. Very annoying person. ESPECIALLY when with a merchant.

Sente
06-01-2004, 03:59 PM
I've been busy and went out to Illistim so I haven't hunted the Rift in the few weeks now. Hope to get back up there soon and join in on the fun.

I don't understand the whining. You can hunt 1 easily without spells. If there are no healers around, suck it up. It's a remote place. Deal with it. Either carry herbs or the use the pack of herbs and teas on the ledge. Not that I would expect this from them, but they could stop at Pinefar on the way up and buy a bunch of teas to refill the pack.

Parkbandit
06-01-2004, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by Mint
This guy Talman was on the Dhu. Very annoying person. ESPECIALLY when with a merchant.

Leave Talman alone.. he's one of my favorite marks. :smug:

Jolena
06-01-2004, 04:28 PM
Wow I won't be Rift age for another 20 trains (which does translate into 5 years lol) but I plan to hunt there eventually, and yes I'm a full square, a pure hunting rogue. I'm glad I now know though that people don't like to give spell ups to others resting there. Good thing I have so much MIU training and a nice set of imbeddables to use. As far as healing, I always carry herbs for the major injuries as well as major scars that they can cause (such as mangled limbs).

I'm actually really glad I read this thread because if not, I wouldn't have realized that you should plan to be completely self sufficient there since spells and healing are not offered easily.

Kitsun
06-01-2004, 04:56 PM
I wouldn't take anything stated in this thread as gospel for 5 years or even 6 months down the line. The line up changes pretty frequently I imagine. Taboo now may be perfectly fine later depending on who/when you encounter when you get there.

The major points of this thread are:

1) Its never bad being self sufficient.
2) People are more willing to aid people that aren't morons.
3) There really aren't MANY people in that remote corner of the world, piss off all 2 of them and life can be difficult.

And Park, you would've given Talman a nice necklace if you'd seen him aboard the Dhu. Being locked in a room with him isn't nearly as fun as giving him a nice pat on the back as he wanders through the park.

Edaarin
06-01-2004, 06:07 PM
I'm sure by the time you can hunt there (minimum to get in is 66, but wouldn't be a bad idea to hold off for a few extra levels before heading in), there'll be a lot more people in there. Actually, since I started this thread it's been pretty crowded at times. Might have even broken double digits once or twice.

EDIT: I have no problem picking, casting spells for, or rescuing people that don't act like retards, so there's no cause for worry from most people unless you act like one.

[Edited on 6-1-2004 by Edaarin]

pennywise
06-01-2004, 07:03 PM
Well, I havent been in the rift for a quite a bit, but when I was around people didnt mind giving spells, so long as they werent about to go hunt or if they could be reciprocated in some way. The annoyance facter of the person asking was, of course, a factor, but most of the time spells were fairly freely given.

As for the healing, do people not keep up the packs of herbs? Used to be, there was a pack of herbs which people would refill when they had time or the pack ran out of stuff. Hell, there were two filled packs up there when I quit the rift.

Atlanteax
06-01-2004, 09:18 PM
We didn't, but someone dragged him in and raised him.

Apparently he has access to other accounts, or has morons for friends.

jhalynn
06-01-2004, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by Jolena
I'm glad I now know though that people don't like to give spell ups to others resting there.

(snip)

I'm actually really glad I read this thread because if not, I wouldn't have realized that you should plan to be completely self sufficient there since spells and healing are not offered easily.

Actually, I don't mind sharing spells or healing as a general rule, I just have a problem with people who don't seem to have manners or common sense about asking.

But, that's just me.

Lynne, player of Siwas

Gan
06-01-2004, 10:04 PM
I've spent the past couple of days up there with my empath on a hunting spree. I'll offer to heal folks if asked, but otherwise I'm there to hunt and do not advertise healing opportunities.

Most folks there are behaving quite professionally. I've noticed Talman but have not seen him really act out yet. I've also seen Grabbs up there - it will be interesting to see if he employs his old tricks since very few will lend him aid. Stealing with a body full of scars makes life very risky there for a thief.

Edaarin
06-02-2004, 07:43 PM
>loot
You search the raving lunatic.
You discard the lunatic's useless equipment.
It didn't carry any silver.
It had a glossy black doomstone on it!
You pick up a glossy black doomstone.
It had nothing else of value.
The raving lunatic decays into a rotting heap of flesh and bones.
>stanc de
You are now in a defensive stance.
>stow lef
You put a glossy black doomstone in your black longcoat.

No curse or anything.

Atlanteax
06-02-2004, 08:37 PM
>loot
You search the raving lunatic.
You discard the lunatic's useless equipment.
It didn't carry any silver.
It had a glossy black doomstone on it!
You pick up a glossy black doomstone.
The raving lunatic decays into a rotting heap of flesh and bones.
>stanc de
You are now in a defensive stance.
>stow lef
You put a glossy black doomstone in your black longcoat.

No curse or anything.

Proof enough for me.

Good to know Edaarin.

It was changed... I wonder why.

Atlanteax
06-02-2004, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by Ganalon
I've spent the past couple of days up there with my empath on a hunting spree. I'll offer to heal folks if asked, but otherwise I'm there to hunt and do not advertise healing opportunities.

Most folks there are behaving quite professionally. I've noticed Talman but have not seen him really act out yet. I've also seen Grabbs up there - it will be interesting to see if he employs his old tricks since very few will lend him aid. Stealing with a body full of scars makes life very risky there for a thief.

Most well-known thieves, especially Porcell, follow an unwritten rule of not stealing in Rift... for that very reason of not alienating themselves.

Kitsun
06-02-2004, 08:42 PM
I've never seen Grabbs act with tact or discretion when it came to poking about in other people's pockets.

Soulpieced
06-02-2004, 08:44 PM
Grabbs is rift age? Damn.

Edaarin
06-02-2004, 08:46 PM
The post I responded to and pasted that portion of a log for seems to have disappeared. Weird.

Grabbs has been fairly well behaved in the Rift. Antagonizes some people, but I'm guessing those are former EN marks that hold a grudge. Nobody is dumb enough to risk stealing in the Rift now, especially since the changes to stealing were made so that it would be ridiculously hard to steal without being noticed if there's only a few other people in the room.

EDITED to paste the following, works for quartzes as well.

>You search the csetairi.
You discard the csetairi's useless equipment.
It had 35 silvers on it.
You gather the remaining 35 coins.
It had a shard of oblivion quartz on it!
You pick up a shard of oblivion quartz.
Interesting, it carried a silver lockpick with it.
The csetairi's coils shrivel up as her human torso decays away.
>stow righ
You put a shard of oblivion quartz in your viper skin pack.

[Edited on 6-3-2004 by Edaarin]

Jonty
06-03-2004, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by Parkbandit
Leave Talman alone.. he's one of my favorite marks. :smug:

Heh, yep.

[Edited on 6-3-2004 by Jonty]

Rowi
06-03-2004, 03:35 AM
I have never had a problem getting spells up there or healing when a Empath is around.........when one is around........around......not many........I dont care for the box popping Sorcs!!

damn traps!

Teras ferever............bring in some older huntin grounds, i wont have to deal with all you silly folk.

Miss X
06-03-2004, 03:48 AM
I'm gonna head up and try the rift this weekend, I'm sure I'll be dying lots but it has to be more fun than the damn skull temple. :)

AnticorRifling
06-03-2004, 10:51 AM
Chica if I'm handling the Skull temple why the hell are you still there? And when did Grabbs pass me in lvls? Ohh yeah when I stopped playing alot and when he probably scripted through EN like so many do these days...

Miss X
06-03-2004, 11:04 AM
Well, I'm not 69 yet so I cant get into the tower so I'm stuck with the temple for the moment if I want to live in EN. I get so bored just going round and round hitting my macros, Starna has been telling me how fun the rift is so I can't wait to go!

Askip
06-03-2004, 11:30 AM
<< I'm stuck with the temple for the moment >>

Have you tried the Keen yet? Griffin rides are fun! Well, not boring anyways.

:D

Jonty
06-03-2004, 01:09 PM
I hate the keen. I like hunting fast and I can't do that with the fucking ice on the floor.

AnticorRifling
06-03-2004, 01:27 PM
I lasted a solid 15 seconds in the keen and I even got to kill a lesser griffin. Then I got my ass handed to me. :cool:

Trinitis
06-03-2004, 02:41 PM
Vic, while the rift is a good challenge, at the min level (66) its REALLY hard to hunt there. As a sorcerer, with about 250 mana, and only using 702, 715 (as needed), and 720 on 1 critter type, its nearly impossible for me to complete a hunt there. Atop the fact with getting rifted, the wondering voids, and the mass dispells..its not pretty. Its square central for sure.

Drew2
06-03-2004, 03:01 PM
Please welcome our newest member Talman.

Edaarin
06-03-2004, 10:29 PM
Oops. I was catching up on reading threads from the last day or so and he came to the room I was resting in and started whispering about how it was unfair of me to post about him on the message boards.

Since you apparently lurk now Talman, I can respond to you here.

I called you a fucking retard, because well you're a fucking retard. You did stupid shit with Jaxyon, and people crapped on you for it deservedly. Your actions in Sukara's tent made me want to vomit in real life (claiming you beat your girlfriend and your mother was dying to try and get pity from an alterer to work for you, if you don't remember). The constant alternation between crying/whining on the public amunet was also annoying, but tolerated because well there's lots of dumb people on that so it's easier to ignore.

I wouldn't even have harbored that animosity over to your newly bought shiny warrior, but for the fact that you continued to act like a jackass. Logging in as Jaxyon to gamble and rip people off by cheating (handing Savaard a note for less than 100 silver when he won 5m or something off of you, then logging off right after)? Then logging in Talman until you saw Savaard log off, then logging back in as Jaxyon to say on the amunet that you would pay him every cent?

Or the 20 minute shpiel you went on and on about when you claimed to drop a 38m note or some ridiculous bullshit no one believed. You're more of an attention whore than Warclaidhm.

Stunseed
06-03-2004, 10:38 PM

Amen. TOJ, if you ever find Talman open, please release him from the lands. Thanks.

Also what Edaarin said. Twiceover knowing you bought Talman to do the same bullshit that got you messed up as Jaxyon.

Anebriated
06-03-2004, 10:39 PM
wasnt TOJ the original owner?

Kitsun
06-03-2004, 10:44 PM
Your actions in Sukara's tent made me want to vomit in real life (claiming you beat your girlfriend and your mother was dying to try and get pity from an alterer to work for you, if you don't remember).

Ya know he did this same shit on the Dhu.

I can't even imagine the sick, twisted, pathetic piece of shit that would do this or lie about doing it. I almost feel the need to apologize to shit because this guy is so fucking low.

Kurili
06-03-2004, 10:51 PM
I've heard Jaxyon with that dying mother routine before. More than a year ago. His mother has a constitution to be admired.

I used to run into Talman in Warferers a good while ago, and he was very quiet and not at all rude. So I suppose it's another one sold.

Sigh

Kurili

HarmNone
06-03-2004, 11:00 PM
I remember Talman as an enjoyable character with whom to interact. It's sad to think that memory has been tarnished by the current idiot owner. :(

HarmNone

Kurili
06-03-2004, 11:02 PM
Agreed, HarmNone.

Kurili

AnticorRifling
06-04-2004, 12:09 AM
Edaarin said shpiel.

06-04-2004, 09:42 AM
I always found the original Talman to be just as shameless when begging for spells.

SnatchWrangler
06-09-2004, 07:40 PM
A meeting of the minds...

Thoranios clearly says, "I hope they warriors or somthing not mages...my DS and TD is so low...see calm me."

Talman and Thoranios bash their forearms in greeting.
>
Thoranios clearly says, "Ello ello."
>
Thoranios and Talman bash their forearms in greeting.

Gan
06-09-2004, 07:45 PM
:banghead: