PDA

View Full Version : Looking to make a Rogue / Empath killer combo. Please help, I suck.

FultonBJJ
09-08-2011, 03:15 PM
Any tips on stats for either or both characters? I've been away from Gemstone for a LONG while.

Rogue will be using blunt weapons, TWC. No picking. Rogue is a Half-Elf.

Empath will be used to heal the Rogue, but will hopefully be able to hold his own with fighting as he will be out in the field with the Rogue. Empath is a Giant.

Mobius1
09-08-2011, 07:42 PM
Do you want spells or no spells?

Also, do you have a particular armor type in mind?

And what level?

FultonBJJ
09-09-2011, 08:57 AM
I don't think the Rogue will need any spells since he will have the Empath with him.

Both characters are only level five right now as I just created them two days ago.

As far as armor, I'd like to get to the best armor I can wear with both characters. No need to worry about magic hinderance with the Rogue since I will not be learning spells.

As far as the Empath, I think I'd like him to be a pure caster. I made him a Giant so he has a ton of Hit points.

Gibreficul
09-09-2011, 08:50 PM
For the rogue, decide melee or archery... and how heavy on the stealth, and then build around that.. The rogue should be your cleanup guy.

The empath... I'd go with a spell aiming build, heavy summoning lore, work up to being able to use 118-bolt as your primary setup spell, and have the rogue play cleanup. For now, I'd think the rogue would be open swinging like a madman, and the empath just spamming 1101.

but... what would I know, I only hunted a capped rogue/empath in Prime...

Oh did you? Great job shit-lick

Nice unsigned rep, you spineless piece of shit. If that's the type of advice you're offering, I have a toilet you can clean with your tongue, and it'll probably make your mouth cleaner you dirty lowlife sorry excuse for pond scum.

FultonBJJ
09-12-2011, 10:32 AM
Thanks for the info Gibreficul. I like the idea of concentrating on spell aiming.

Gibreficul
09-12-2011, 08:29 PM
Thanks for the info Gibreficul. I like the idea of concentrating on spell aiming.

I will warn you, that's a mid to upper level thing. Your lowest cost bolt spell is 9 mana, and it's mostly just a setup, albeit the best damn single target setup in the game...

FultonBJJ
09-13-2011, 12:50 PM
Gotcha. Hoping to get as close to 20 as possible before my 30 days are up, then it looks like I'll be relying on a lot of wands to help me get through tough times!