PDA

View Full Version : thinkin of trying a sorc...

Gravebane525
09-08-2011, 01:15 PM
wow... this area seams pretty empty. I've tried sorc and wizard for a few levels before but never got to lvl 10 let alone any higher. lookin for a char to play offtimes when the RP is low on my main char and there no xp bonus goign for him.

so any advice/suggestions for em? I was thinkin sumin like a gnome or a halfling just for the heck of it.

YsoSrs
09-08-2011, 02:00 PM
People don't like to RP with sorcerers, they like to warn interact them and cry to the GMs about them using their spells for what they were made for. ;)

In all seriousness, if it's for RP... Maybe you should go with the wizard idea, people like things that can cast strength on them. Unless you don't plan on playing the sorcerer like a...sorcerer.

Gravebane525
09-08-2011, 02:29 PM
well I don't really know how to correctly RP a sorc... but a halfling or gnome with a demented sence of humor sounded fun. I doubt I'd ever be hurting other players much... can;t afford the fines.

Fallen
09-08-2011, 03:36 PM
There are a few gnomes with less savory cultural backgrounds which could help mesh with the less savory brand of magic. I would suggest reading up on them and picking a culture which would pair up well.

Beguiler
09-08-2011, 04:26 PM
If I remember rightly, forest gnomes of the Felcour bloodline are traditionally V'tullian, and can be mean lil suckers....

As with any tiny person, encumbrance will be an issue, but if you stay stripped down for hunting, they can work well.

Cabalis
09-08-2011, 10:23 PM
I play a gnome sorcerer from a 'less savory' bloodline. It's a hell of a lot of fun until it isn't. Gnomes aren't for everyone.

Forest gnome cultural documentation is a little thin, but Burghal lore allows for some depth right from the start if you pick the *cough* obvious bloodline.

audioserf
09-09-2011, 06:27 AM
If I rolled a sorceror it would definitely be a Forest gnome. As I recall they get some kind of sweet-ass WIS bonus, good spirit regain, and I love the idea of a tiny little dude casting mean spells and summoning demons. Kind of super Napoleon Complex.

Gravebane525
09-09-2011, 08:34 AM
heh I rolled em up last night. so far I can see why people hunt the first month with a weapon then try and switch over to pure but I'm trying to push thru it.

a 60 or higher will land a hit... a hit almost always kills... and I still get 2-3 kills on a head of mana I hit so little.

went with the city gnomes. the one that are known for being fairly nasty pranksters. rolled him in vaalor, been fairly well accepted so far. I've tryed to mesh my idea of gnomes with the games idea of gnomes. has been fun so far.

RP him as living under the city... cause the gnomes page says there is a line of gnomes that live under the cities of EN. he's tryed to steal a corpse to put in his locker so he can experiment on it when he's learned enough. I wouldn;t say I'm playing him as a correct sorc... just a slightly demented gnome that has a thing for dead critters/people and trying to catch the bluebird to eat.

audioserf
09-09-2011, 11:39 AM
There is no "correct" sorc. It sounds like you're having fun and are RPing him within your vision. Keep having fun.

If you're opposed to going THW the first 30 days, you can make things easier for yourself while remaining pure. Learn 401, 102, and then just triple your ass off in 700s spells and 1.5x-2x HP. Get your CS up. Get mass spells if your RP fits within that type of interaction.

Gravebane525
09-09-2011, 11:45 AM
yea it fits... he's gotten spells... I've been training armor and spells max... I don think I have 102 yet... will try to get that.

got his CS up where I can fry most times he goes down to rodents. takes a 32 or up to hit and now that I figured out channeling for 702 they die in one hit. still miss what feels close to 50% of the time, and I'll hit runs of 5-8 casts that are all under 30. but I'm havin a blast with him so far just interacting with people between hunts

Fallen
09-09-2011, 11:46 AM
If you can, grab Quartz orbs from the pawnshop before each hunt, or better yet, find a food item from a past festival with multiple bites of Mystic Focus. No MIU required. The spell will actually give you +20 CS minus your level until level 10, so they are VERY nice for younger characters.

Alrisaren
09-09-2011, 04:38 PM
cause the gnomes page says there is a line of gnomes that live under the cities of EN. he's tryed to steal a corpse to put in his locker so he can experiment on it when he's learned enough.

Heh! I think I was there when he did that. Wasn't he pouring wine in the dead guy's mouth, too? It was hilarious! :D I don't remember who I was though at the time. It would have been either my half-elf wizard or my Aelotoi paladin.

The bloodline who lives under Elven cities is the Winedottir, but no reason others couldn't have moved in here and there, too. :)

Gravebane525
09-13-2011, 02:57 PM
well I been having a blast on the sorc... thought he's still dieing alot. he's still trying to steal bodies or talk people into letting him "sperement" on them when they die. hoping to get a dagger altered into come kinda surgical knife just for the fun of it. he's a fun char... kinda stupid but RPing him as just coming above ground for the first time its more broken english and ignorance then stupidity.

just alittle while ago he was trying to teach a few elfs that weren't speaking right(speaking elven) now to talk.

Glimfeather clenches his jaw.
Speaking to Glimfeather, you say, "Ino ard.... elf... yer try."
Speaking to Glimfeather, you say, "El pffff."
You say, "Hm... meybies I's needsa treets."
You remove a brown gak hide from in your cloak.
>smell hide
It smells like a brown gak hide.
You say, "Meybies dis be treet.
You show Glimfeather your brown gak hide.
Speaking to Glimfeather, you say, "Yer sey elf I's givem treet."
You say, "ELLLLL pFFF."
Glimfeather just went west.
You blink.

Asha
09-13-2011, 03:27 PM
I was told about you by a friend who also plays GS, when he came around for a beer on Saturday. He said you were nuts. In a good way though.

pabstblueribbon
09-13-2011, 03:55 PM
Wear a condom bro.

Gravebane525
09-13-2011, 03:57 PM
lol I think being alittle nuts is always a good thing. you ever got to talk to any of my friends they would say I was nuts.