PDA

View Full Version : Botched Enchant....

vamosj
09-06-2011, 04:39 PM
Well I've cursed a nice looking item.. Granted it's no big deal on the loss, but I was wondering if there was a way to clean them up to their original look...

Wanted to make sure I didn't do anything with them yet until I found an answer.. Didn't want to screw anything up for it.

You gesture at a suit of crimson leathers affixed with a single golden vaalorn pauldron.
Slender wisps of essence form around the crimson leathers, but quickly take on a dark, greenish-black hue. The wisps twist about each other, writhing in discordant response to your chant. Suddenly, the tendrils coalesce around the leathers, forming a shell of black, crackling energy. With a burst of static, the leathers falls from your hands and the roiling energy sinks into the leathers, leaving their surface blackened.

BriarFox
09-06-2011, 04:52 PM
Uncurse, then reenchant.

petroglyph
09-06-2011, 05:31 PM
And no, you'd have to re-alter them.

Constal
09-24-2011, 03:01 AM
And no, you'd have to re-alter them.

You trace a series of glowing runes while chanting the phrase for Enchant Item...
Your spell is ready.
>cast my bow
You gesture at a glossy black ruic long bow.
Visible wisps of essence dance across the surface of the ruic long bow as you chant quietly, your sure gestures guiding them to slowly coalesce into small softly glowing runic symbols. Glancing over the formation of the runes, your chant falters as you notice their forms contorting oddly. You gather something has gone terribly wrong.

Suddenly, the ruic long bow blossoms into a growing ball of intense white flame, the ensuing explosion sending debris through the air. The ruic long bow being in your hand, you take the brunt of the blast!
... 35 points of damage!
Massive blow to your neck snaps it!
The layer of stone surrounding you crumbles away.
Your senses are no longer as sharp.
You feel less confident than before.
You no longer feel so dextrous.
You become solid again.
The air about you stops shimmering.
The shimmering multicolored sphere fades from around you.
You no longer bristle with energy.
You feel your extra strength departing.
You return to normal color.
The tingling sensation and sense of security leaves you.
The scintillating light fades from your hands.
The misty halo fades from you.
The focused look leaves you.
The deep blue glow leaves you.
You feel your extra magical awareness leave you.
You notice your blood flow go back to normal.
The glowing specks of energy surrounding you suddenly shoot off in all directions, then quickly fade away.
You lose your extra internal fortitude.
The light blue glow leaves you.
The brilliant luminescence fades from around you.
The bright luminescence fades from around you.
The silvery luminescence fades from around you.
The translucent sphere fades from around you.

It seems you have died, my friend. Although you cannot do anything, you are keenly aware of what is going on around you...

You mentally give a sigh of relief as you remember that the Goddess Lorminstra owes you a favor.

...departing in 10 mins...
Inurtia is caught in the explosion!
... 20 points of damage!
Heavy shock to left leg. Gonna limp for awhile.
She is stunned!
Roundtime: 20 sec.
Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.
DEAD>laugh
You laugh, the sepulchral sound echoing through the room.
DEAD>
Inurtia says, "Hrm."
DEAD>
Inurtia says, "That didn't go so well."

was on my final cast for enchant on it... ugh... was naked.. no encumberance.. spelled up.. all speled up familiar there.. and Inurtia was my other wizard friend watching... for 4x longbow to 5x longbow.. since there's a botched enchant thing.. figured I'd show

skills

Constal (at level 44), your current skill bonuses and ranks (including all modifiers) are:
Skill Name | Current Current
| Bonus Ranks
Armor Use..........................| 50 10
Physical Fitness...................| 99 23
Arcane Symbols.....................| 90 20
Magic Item Use.....................| 190 90
Spell Aiming.......................| 190 90
Harness Power......................| 186 86
Elemental Mana Control.............| 142 42
Elemental Lore - Air...............| 169 69
Perception.........................| 120 30
Climbing...........................| 25 5
Swimming...........................| 25 5

Spell Lists
Major Elemental....................| 27

Spell Lists
Minor Elemental....................| 33

Spell Lists
Wizard.............................| 34

Tolwynn
09-24-2011, 10:31 AM
You can be perfectly built for enchanting, but there's always that hard 3% chance of failure on the final cast.

Constal
09-24-2011, 12:47 PM
yeah.. saw that 3% right there

Riltus
09-24-2011, 03:20 PM
yeah.. saw that 3% right there

Your result was not a random 3% failure. The 3% failure will have this messaging immediately following the YOU GESTURE AT A <TARGET>

You trace a series of glowing runes while chanting the phrase for Enchant Item...
Your spell is ready.
>cast my bow
You gesture at a glossy black ruic long bow.

Something doesn't seem right...

If it doesn't have this messaging it is not a final cast random failure, but is a failure due to some other reason, i.e., insufficient training, encumbrance etc.

Mark

Asha
09-24-2011, 03:33 PM
Dude, do you just know pretty much everything there is to know about GS?

audioserf
09-26-2011, 11:24 AM
Riltus is a Learned Gemstone Doctor

Constal
09-27-2011, 02:48 PM
rofl.. well then i just suckeded.. and no I was completely naked, had all my spells up, in workshop.. alla that good stuff necessary

any helpful hints that maybe I missed something? Or maybe it was just insufficient training.

petroglyph
09-27-2011, 03:18 PM
More wizard spell ranks.

Queleri
09-27-2011, 03:49 PM
Was that a fusion longbow or standard? Generally speaking though Petroglyph is right, more wizard ranks will improve your odds either way.

Fallen
09-27-2011, 03:56 PM
Maybe the bow had properties you weren't aware of. Did you have an experienced bard sing to it?

Constal
09-27-2011, 04:24 PM
It was just a normal 4x longbow.

Unfortunately, right now I can't get anymore wizard spell ranks. I'm working on getting to 100 air lore ranks with my wizard before level 50. Thanks everyone for their input though

RSR
09-27-2011, 06:13 PM
If there were other properties he wouldn't have been able to get to the final cast in the first place.

He is just terribly trained to be attempting anything over 4x enchants.

The air lore ranks are overkill.

If you want to try another 5x enchant, you need to dump the air lore and pick up more spell ranks. If you're intent on keeping the air lore, don't try anymore 5x enchants.

-Richard.

Constal
09-27-2011, 09:03 PM
Don't worry don't plan on doing enchanting.. Thought would be skilled enough to do a 5x considering I've seen wizards with far less skill than me do 5x. Someone told me it was because it was a bow, it would be harder, who knows.

As far as dumping the air lore ranks, I MA bard/wizard, and am getting the air lore ranks up as quickly as possible to get that 1x sonic lance going ASAP. That is more important to me than enchanting at this moment. Thanks again for the advice all.