PDA

View Full Version : Cman precision and lances.

Gibreficul
09-06-2011, 04:07 PM
Alright, I'm kicking around the idea of getting weapon precision for my lancer warmage. I just can't decide if it's worth it.

First off, a lance is gunna do puncture about 75% of the time already. That probably means precision would only be useful to use with crush. I skimmed over the crit tables for puncture and crush, and there doesn't seem to be a clear cut winner. Does anyone have any nuggets of information that may simplify my decision?

:thanx:

Drew
09-06-2011, 04:12 PM
I would imagine crush would be better since you're more likely to hit the head or neck than the eyes on random open swings and crush is better than puncture on the head or neck.

Gibreficul
09-06-2011, 04:47 PM
I would imagine crush would be better since you're more likely to hit the head or neck than the eyes on random open swings and crush is better than puncture on the head or neck.

That's kinda what I'm looking for... Maybe... I'll try it out.

Androidpk
09-06-2011, 04:50 PM
When I used a lance and open swings I actually got more death crits from hitting eyes than anything else.

Sam
09-06-2011, 05:00 PM

Is this actually documented or has someone researched the distribution of where open swings tend to land on the target? I always wondered if it were different depending on the size of the character vs. the target, but can't remember ever reading about this except in regard to AIMing.

Drew
09-06-2011, 05:23 PM
Is this actually documented or has someone researched the distribution of where open swings tend to land on the target? I always wondered if it were different depending on the size of the character vs. the target, but can't remember ever reading about this except in regard to AIMing.

Yes I don't have it but I saw some a while ago, it basically happens how you imagine, torso and limbs have a higher chance of being hit than head and eyes are the least likely.

thefarmer
09-06-2011, 05:33 PM
Yes I don't have it but I saw some a while ago, it basically happens how you imagine, torso and limbs have a higher chance of being hit than head and eyes are the least likely.

I think Brute was asking about character size versus creature size. Body part size is different.

edit: and by that second part, I mean where body part size equals percentage hit when open swinging.

Sheikh
09-06-2011, 05:34 PM
Body part size is different.

Yes it is

Androidpk
09-06-2011, 05:45 PM
I suppose there is an easy way of checking that.

Archigeek
09-06-2011, 05:47 PM
I think you're wasting points trying to get more killing power out of your Mack truck. Spend the precious few points that you likely get as a warmage on something else.

Gibreficul
09-06-2011, 06:59 PM
This is just a test until I fixskills out of a warmage. I set up crush rank 1 precision... when I unlearn the cman points, I'll get rank 2. I seem to get a lot of "head explodes" and "neck discintigrates" crit kills since doing it.