PDA

View Full Version : Mist armor?

Jymamon
09-05-2011, 01:11 AM
I'm looking for information and, possibly, an interested seller. I've only heard about about these "mist armor" rings. From my understanding, they generate magical armor, the ASG of which depends on the specific item. I couldn't, however, find any details after searching Krakiipedia.

What else can folks tell me about them?
Are they enchantable (presumeably via PP since I doubt they're ET-able)?
Do they have upkeep costs?
How many were released and what's an reasonable price to expect to pay?

I'd be interested in ASG 7 (reinforced) or (preferably) lower for my wizard.

Nilandia
09-05-2011, 01:26 AM
Mist armor is generated by turning the ring that creates it. The armor is weightless, though I'm not aware of whether there is hindrance. The enchant is hard coded into the item and cannot be altered, so the armor cannot be enchanted by any means. There is no upkeep for them that I'm aware of.

Gretchen

DaCapn
09-05-2011, 01:52 AM
I tested a a hauberk set a while back and it seemed like the weight-based encumbrance bonus made it effectively the same as wearing max-lightened hauberk or something like that. Also, the set in question was SWCP. Not sure if that's standard.

Jymamon
11-06-2011, 04:07 PM
Bump since I'm still interested in one of these, too.

Gizmo
11-06-2011, 04:12 PM
Mechanically, it's horrible.

Cool factor, it's pretty nice.

MrMortimur
11-06-2011, 06:52 PM
As others have said, the physical item is a ring, so not enchantable. You get 3x crit padded and very light armor (its mist..heh) when you turn the ring. Hinderance still applies. DM released at least 1 more set of mist armor in addition to the first time it was released. Fun fact, you can also add warrior resistance fittings to the armor, provided you don't turn it off.

shad0ws0ngs
11-06-2011, 07:22 PM
the loresong for one of them, the full leather set, is in the Loresong thread of the Roleplaying folder, if you want to see that.

http://forum.gsplayers.com/showpost.php?p=1230070&postcount=13

Jymamon
11-06-2011, 08:11 PM
the loresong for one of them, the full leather set, is in the Loresong thread of the Roleplaying folder, if you want to see that.

http://forum.gsplayers.com/showpost.php?p=1230070&postcount=13

I'd completely missed that, thanks!