PDA

View Full Version : Kitten - if the price is good

smallking
08-29-2011, 01:45 PM
As suggested, I'm in the market to purchase one of those nifty kittens that I believe typically come in a sack.

Recently discovered a long time friend has wanted one for a long time, so I thought I'd put a feeler or two out, and see if there are any for sale, especially with them being raffled off during this current event thats running.

Look isn't terribly important, as long as its not god awful ugly/pitiful . . like say that three legged kitten that may or may not still be around.

So if you have one you're willing to part with, let me know. Post here, toss me a PM, and let me know what it looks like, and how much you're looking to sell it for. If its not some FUBAR kitten, and/or insanely priced, chances are I'll buy it.

Update- Based on what I've seen and heard . . . I'm willing to spend between 5 and 10 million coin depending on how the kitten looks. The more appealing it is to me, the more willing I'd be to purchase at a higher price. It'll have to be prett awesome/perfect fit for who I intend to give it to for that upper range price. So if someone has one, let me know please
Jesp

Kaladore
08-29-2011, 02:48 PM
Look isn't terribly important, as long as its not god awful ugly/pitiful . . like say that three legged kitten that may or may not still be around.

Hey, what's wrong with my three legged kitten? Yes, she is still around. :)

smallking
08-29-2011, 04:17 PM
A three legged kitten falls into the pitiful category, and not one that I think my friend would enjoy. :-) And seeing as if memory serves, it took quite a bit of convincing for that particular design to happen its most likely either
A) not going to be parted from its owner or
B) not going to be priced at what I would wish to spend

On the bright side at least I know some things that are stuck in my memory for better or worse haven't been lost to the ether. At the risk of hijacking my own thread, sometimes I wish items of great note/historical import/just plain awesomeness that are on long inactive accounts would get a copy made and released back into the world somehow. Treasure system, auction, etc.

Jesp

Tolwynn
08-29-2011, 04:40 PM
There were actually more than a few of those three-legged kittens sent out into the lands. I got one too, and called her Eileen, heh.

Females who did the kitten quest on the Dhu got pretty little kittens. Males who did it got mangled or ugly ones, make of that what you will.

Raelee
08-29-2011, 04:46 PM
There was also a merchant on that same run of the Dhu was doing some sort of service with kitten legs as one of the possible payment options. Thus, a few kitties that started out pretty ended up mangled by the time the ship left.

smallking
08-29-2011, 05:47 PM
Interesting . . . I don't remember a kitten leg alteration service being offered on the voyage of the Dhu that I went on. But then I spent something like 96 hours straight camped in Bemm's shop, only to have Bemm avoid me like the plague. Pretty sure when Bemm altered my first miniature, he actually downgraded its skills, rather than boost them too, since it lost 36 straight fights to off the shelf mini's and had a record of like 3 wins and 74 losses to off the shelf mini's by voyages end. Ah well.

Anyway, back on track . . . I guess I'll probably be looking more for a four legged kitten, than a three legged one. Even though I'm sure the character who'd receive it would be peeing her pants either way.

Jesp

Tgo01
08-29-2011, 06:07 PM
You have something against 5 legged kittens?

Blazar
08-29-2011, 06:29 PM
I think Raelee meant the merchant was taking kitten legs as a payment... so a four legged kitten ended up being a three legged kitten. My kind of merchant!

Raelee
08-29-2011, 10:26 PM
I think Raelee meant the merchant was taking kitten legs as a payment... so a four legged kitten ended up being a three legged kitten. My kind of merchant!

Exactly.

I admit, I don't remember what the actual service was.

HouseofElves
08-30-2011, 11:57 AM
Schivitze or some such. Gem cutting patterns and molds.

smallking
08-30-2011, 03:44 PM
Soooo . . . I see there is a kitten in a players shop for 25 million. Has what appears to be a pretty customized appearance, no sack, which I seem to remember them all being released with. Is that an accurate market value for kittens these days? I don't seem to remember them being quite so high, and that was way back when I thought their demand was a little higher, and not quite so many had been released.

Beguiler
08-31-2011, 11:56 AM
I think the more recent sales I've seen have been in the 7-9 mil range, but I don't recall any being terrifically altered, either.

Kitsun
08-31-2011, 01:47 PM
Soooo . . . I see there is a kitten in a players shop for 25 million. Has what appears to be a pretty customized appearance, no sack, which I seem to remember them all being released with. Is that an accurate market value for kittens these days? I don't seem to remember them being quite so high, and that was way back when I thought their demand was a little higher, and not quite so many had been released.

You do not want to buy a kitten off the shelf. They are attuned to the owner. In order to pass it along, the current owner needs to GIVE it to the new owner twice. Also you can only place a kitten in the proper kind of sack. They won't be put into just any container.

Jhynnifer
08-31-2011, 02:32 PM
That kitten is also in Teegan's shop and is more of a RP shop-watcher than for sale. I've never seen a kitten go for so much.

Now 7-10 million on the other hand...

Makkah
08-31-2011, 02:34 PM
This thread does not deliver as I had hoped upon reading the title.

smallking
09-02-2011, 01:57 PM
Bumping this message up . . . Still looking

smallking
09-03-2011, 02:23 AM
Looks like I may have found one . . . . just double checking that the description is one that will fit well with who I'm giving it to. Thanks all who looked