PDA

View Full Version : Worst Town Ever

Glass
08-25-2011, 09:06 AM
Worst. Town. Ever.

I was considering cancelling my account because I was so, so frustrated trying to escape this prison.

Didn't see a single person in town for two days. Not a thought on the amulet.

Making a trip time-consuming is one thing, but this puzzle with virtually no clues is ridiculous.

I never thought I could be so angry with a text-based game.

Against all odds, I did eventually get out. I will never, ever, return.

In conclusion;

Worst. Town. Ever.

Fallen
08-25-2011, 09:09 AM
Why didn't you post here asking for help? You would have had an answer within an hour.

BriarFox
08-25-2011, 09:12 AM
You can also always ASSIST for something like that, though posting here might be faster.

DaCapn
08-25-2011, 10:07 AM
Once I got lost in one of the areas of RR that hadn't been mapped yet. And yeah, it was kind of annoying that leaving wasn't straight forward but like they said, I just asked how. Most puzzles in this game have no reasonable clues. The puzzle aspect of RR kind of makes sense in-game at least. Stuff like cross-realm house lockers? Not so much.

Reltov420
08-25-2011, 10:28 AM
River's Rest is a great town! The few people who are there are great, and I like that it's not bustling. I only recently moved my guys away from there, got tired of only being able to do warcamps with Querthose, he needed some rift action.

audioserf
08-25-2011, 10:49 AM
Can't go2 handle this kind of shit? Another great facet of Lich is saving you from wasting time with puzzle nonsense. I don't play the game for that. Some areas of GS are ridiculously frustrating in that sense. Like how would anyone figure out the entrance to Maaghara by themselves?

Asha
08-25-2011, 12:09 PM
I figured out how to get into hall of drakes by myself.
Lost some hair.

Gelston
08-25-2011, 04:28 PM
Didn't like it huh? Sucks for you. I've been there for the last week... I've always seen people in the commons. Be nice if people asked for help instead of just going straight to bitching.

Warriorbird
08-25-2011, 04:58 PM
AIM and Lnet are your friend, as is the PC.

DCSL
08-25-2011, 06:56 PM
AIM and Lnet are your friend, as is the PC.

Pfft. The PC ain't nobody's friend.

Seriously though, a lot of in-game puzzles make no sense. And I loathe "guess the verb" stuff. But, meh. RR isn't so bad.

Aylien
08-25-2011, 07:04 PM

Sig'd. Thank you, DCSL!

waywardgs
08-25-2011, 07:10 PM

Word up.