PDA

View Full Version : Voln Fu

Mobius1
08-19-2011, 05:29 PM
I noticed they added some new critters to the rift.

How well does Voln Fu work there? I'd sure love to be able to make use of it again!

Basically, I am a TWC brawling rogue (I ambush with dual sais), so I'd probably swap from ambushing to Fu, depending on the situation.

I also plan on wearing full plate, which I'm hoping will help supplement my lack of TD.

Archigeek
08-19-2011, 08:10 PM
Voln fu works fairly well on plane 5, which is heaven for volners: 3 undead and nothing else. It works ok on 3 vs the n'ecare, but not so sure how well it works vs the crusaders on 4, and I doubt it works very well vs the soul siphons or liches in the scatter.

Mobius1
08-19-2011, 10:30 PM
Interesting. I'll probably be starting on plane 5, anyways.

Vindicate
08-21-2011, 09:21 PM
fu is somewhat frustrating on crusaders but not impossible.

Mobius1
08-21-2011, 09:58 PM
What armor do they wear?

Roblar
08-22-2011, 02:49 AM
I assume plate as they're paladins but the frustrating part he mentions is due to their incredible HP regen. You need to get a crit using Voln Fu.

Archigeek
08-22-2011, 12:54 PM
They wear chain armor of some type or another. But yeah, the hp regent sucks. It's actually one of the reasons to use Fu. In my experience two people using Fu works fairly well, one not so much. Also, the disapparation sucks, and hunting with a partner helps a lot with searching.

Victorj
08-22-2011, 10:06 PM
Fu is alright on 5. It's great for the lost souls and n'ecares, but IMO, it's too slow at killing vaesps. When they're turtled and have WoF up, I think their MB is 450 or something, so it's tough to actually hit them, and you don't want to be in hard rt on a whiff since you'll probably get imploded. As a rogue, I found it much easier to sweep, hide and take off their head with a fist-scythe.

Archigeek
08-22-2011, 11:58 PM
Fu is alright on 5. It's great for the lost souls and n'ecares, but IMO, it's too slow at killing vaesps. When they're turtled and have WoF up, I think their MB is 450 or something, so it's tough to actually hit them, and you don't want to be in hard rt on a whiff since you'll probably get imploded. As a rogue, I found it much easier to sweep, hide and take off their head with a fist-scythe.

Victor is pretty much spot on here. The two biggest PITA's on five are that the lost souls like to dispell, a lot, and the vaespilons. The good news is that the vaespilons are corporeal and fairly soft headed.