PDA

View Full Version : Anything good on the Dhu?

DianaBanana
05-25-2004, 11:17 AM
?

Atlanteax
05-25-2004, 11:19 AM
All I've heard from friends on it has been predominantly disappointment. :down:

Czeska
05-25-2004, 11:20 AM
I heard the same thing. I had someone offer to shop for me, and I found a list of shops. Not much i wanted, unfortunately. I think the merchants were the key reason to be there.

http://www.gs4.org/index.php?pagename=Dhu04&op=modload&name=pnPhpWiki &file=index

Zanagodly
05-25-2004, 11:51 AM
Ya all the praise I read on the official boards was from first time pay event goers. For those people its going to be entertaining, but if you've been to these types of events in the past, it just gets old. I think we all have had our fill of 4x armor, and 4x flaring weapons have we not? And those kittens certainly are not the price of admission. They intelligently always manage to add something new that is slightly appealing so the event isn't labeled as a complete load of crap.

Xcalibur
05-25-2004, 11:54 AM
for 80$ US?

It SO easy to make them stop doing crap events, SO EASY

STOP GOING!

Hips
05-25-2004, 12:09 PM
I think it was worth it for the 30+ alters, heh. Other than that there a few neat bits of fluff, scripted items and clothing, etc... nothing really amazing though.

Oh, and the free +5 stat/ability enhancer that we're going to get because they screwed up the 3rd quest isn't that bad, either. :lol:

[Edited on 5-25-2004 by GS3 Michiko]

TheEschaton
05-25-2004, 12:23 PM
I went on the first Dhu 3 years ago (on my own buck) and this year on someone else's. While I have to say the first year was better, that was because it was new. This year, the second quest was far superior to any of the quests on the first Dhu 3 years ago....the third was fucked up, but I didn't even go to that one....was watching the Sopranos..heh.

And you gotta know where to look for the good stuff. The poison shop is stupendous. I also found 22 pound 4x hauberk off the rack, as well as 4x, scripted, damage padded metal breastplate off the rack as well.

And the Siegery game is amazing.

-TheE-

Zanagodly
05-25-2004, 12:32 PM
how much damage padding on the mbp? I'll have to pick some of that up

TheEschaton
05-25-2004, 12:39 PM
It's scripted, so warriors can't assess it, but it was sung to as damage padding.

It has to be tested, if someone's willing to help out. A few things. Since its torso only, does that mean all 101 end rolls have to land on the chest/abdomen for it to be a valid study of the padding? The extremeties (head, legs, arms) all have what as coverage?

-TheE-

Edaarin
05-25-2004, 12:45 PM
Venom dirk > refillable poison weapons.

Anebriated
05-25-2004, 12:45 PM
Anyone find any 4x+ brawling weapons, flaring, weighted, blessable anything really? or decent polearms?

TheEschaton
05-25-2004, 12:51 PM
What venom dirk? The one Ardwen auctioned for, and the one Tsin bought for 40m?

I hate Tsin. That is all.

-TheE-

Wezas
05-25-2004, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by TheEschaton
What venom dirk?

Is it anything like this?

http://members.cox.net/legendwezas/dirk.jpg

If you haven't seen boogie nights, don't even try to get the joke

100% Wool
05-25-2004, 01:05 PM
favorite items so far

- throwing weapon sheaths
- collaspable lances
- 1000 bless sheaths
- those insulting pins
- wearable mirrors
- scripted claidhmores
- ...and thats about it gotta do some more shopping

I think this event was for the sole purpose of getting a shit load of alters/feature alters/ altered tattoos

The quests have sucked ass

I've roleplayed with only a couple of merchants some of them are actually funny and make it more fun

But, besides that the Dhu is just a big alteration list/spinning to pick
area

Kitsun
05-25-2004, 01:14 PM
I'm not sure if there are other mirrors but if the wearable mirror you're referring to is the ring worn gold ring ones, then that was a bug thats being fixed.

Mint
05-25-2004, 01:23 PM
Found some brooches that open into a mirror. And I think the money spent on the ticket was well worth it. I had a lot of fun. Oh and that shop that sells 1000 bless sheaths also has sheaths that bless 4000 times. Look harder.

Edaarin
05-25-2004, 01:37 PM
No...think there's two, both look like 'a short black dirk'. Attack with it from hiding, and it poisons whatever you hit for however much damage you do, dissipates 1 per round.

Anebriated
05-25-2004, 01:39 PM
how many 'charges' do those blessing sheathes have?

Mint
05-25-2004, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by Elrodin
how many 'charges' do those blessing sheathes have?

there are two signs I think, one says that some sheaths bless 4000, some 1000, some 2000

Mint
05-25-2004, 01:44 PM
I think the lacquered cherry boot sheaths are 4000 blesses but without digging out the log or logging on and checking the shop again I am not sure.

Parkbandit
05-25-2004, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by Edaarin
No...think there's two, both look like 'a short black dirk'. Attack with it from hiding, and it poisons whatever you hit for however much damage you do, dissipates 1 per round.

Sweet... killing idiots in town.

Ardwen.. gimme yours. You won't put it to good use like I will. :smug:

TheEschaton
05-25-2004, 01:54 PM
That's not the dagger Ardwen bought. His is awesome.

Though I wouldn't mind the dirk. Was that sold on the Dhu, Ed?

-TheE-

Mint
05-25-2004, 01:59 PM
In the display case you see a note, a rosy mithglin sheath, a charcoal grey mithril scabbard, a silver imflass scabbard, a marbled blue-grey invar sheath and a lacquered cherry boot sheath.
read note in caseIn the Common language, it reads:
These here sheathes and scabbards and whatnot will pass a mighty blessing upon your weapon, even some if magic. But not all if magic. If the weapon be right, your weapon be blessed for 4000 swings. Once the blessings are gone, the sheath remains. --Efabala

Edaarin
05-25-2004, 02:03 PM
What's his, the returning throwable one?

I sold one of the poison dirks (think it was to someone on the PC), and Jaelus wants something like twice what I sold mine for to get his.

Anebriated
05-25-2004, 02:08 PM
I saw that sign mint, but how many times can you use them to bless a weapon?

Pallon
05-25-2004, 02:11 PM
Any good shit at the forging shop?

Mint
05-25-2004, 02:11 PM
I saw that sign mint, but how many times can you use them to bless a weapon?

4000 swings I thought and then the sheath becomes a regular sheath? I am not sure.

Anebriated
05-25-2004, 02:13 PM
so its a once and done?

Mint
05-25-2004, 02:14 PM
so its a once and done?

Your guess is as good as mine. Better probably...

Edaarin
05-25-2004, 02:17 PM
The 1000 bless sheathes that were released before were 50 swings per rub.

Miss Jade
05-25-2004, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by GS3 Michiko
I think it was worth it for the 30+ alters, heh. Other than that there a few neat bits of fluff, scripted items and clothing, etc... nothing really amazing though.

Oh, and the free +5 stat/ability enhancer that we're going to get because they screwed up the 3rd quest isn't that bad, either. :lol:

[Edited on 5-25-2004 by GS3 Michiko]
where do you get that??
________
Penny stocks to watch (http://pennystockpicks.net/)

TheEschaton
05-25-2004, 02:30 PM
No, Edaarin, the dagger Ardwen and Tsin bought this weekend stole people's essence from them, if you waved it at them. Very cool, very uber l33t.

-TheE-

Czeska
05-25-2004, 02:41 PM
The forging shop sold out within one hour, I was told. By a reliable source. Namely.. the person who created the shop.

Hips
05-25-2004, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by Miss Jade

Originally posted by GS3 Michiko

where do you get that??

Not sure, but there's a post on the official boards that people who attended the first run will receive one. I don't feel like digging through the Dhu folder to find it.

Trinitis
05-25-2004, 04:35 PM
Is anyone willing to pick up a few items from the Dhu for me? I will of course pay for the items (or repay your silver spent on said items). U2U me if your willing. Thanks!

PS The list is not very big at all, 8 items, and 5 of them are in the same shop.

Mint
05-26-2004, 02:11 AM
Originally posted by LordAdredrin
Is anyone willing to pick up a few items from the Dhu for me? I will of course pay for the items (or repay your silver spent on said items). U2U me if your willing. Thanks!

PS The list is not very big at all, 8 items, and 5 of them are in the same shop.

IM me please: Indhigoblue

Hasina
05-26-2004, 06:41 PM
I remember Uthenegal (the old one) had one of those posion dagger things. Though he only spent 12m on his.

Drektor
05-26-2004, 09:55 PM
So far this Dhu poison sucks ass. It only lasts a round or two.

DianaBanana
05-26-2004, 10:00 PM
Any cute RP fluff?

TheEschaton
05-26-2004, 10:18 PM
But according to Khaladon, it lasts for 400 contacts per bottle.

Two nicks, and you can wait for the thing to bleed out, pretty much. Some of the hits I've gotten are 75 per, dissipating at 25, etc, etc.

-TheE-

Kitsun
05-26-2004, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by DianaBanana
Any cute RP fluff?

Tons and tons of it really. If you like little scripted RP trinkets, the Dhu is like heaven.

Kitsun
05-27-2004, 08:56 AM
Mint!

If you see this post, please go to your U2U's!

AnticorRifling
05-27-2004, 09:20 AM
Michiko wouldn't alter my naginata, I cried.

Hips
05-27-2004, 11:57 AM
Aww, Anticor... I didn't know you were so sensitive. :P

Mint
05-27-2004, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by Kitsun
Mint!

If you see this post, please go to your U2U's!

I wish to simply say: KITSUN IS AWESOME!!! That is all.

Askip
05-30-2004, 10:21 PM
<< The forging shop sold out within one hour >>

This totally sucked toe jam. I cannot figure Simu on this one. An $80 quest and you make a few folks happy and piss off everyone else.

It was requested prior to the quest that there be no limited items, for what I consider obvious reasons. A limit per person was suggested as fairest.

I can afford the aftermarket prices, but I'm angry on principle and I let them know it.

On a better note, I enjoyed the whole week by treating it as a vacation. This was the first pay event I've attended in three or four years, and overall it was fun and I feel I got my money's worth.

As for items, I stocked up on enhancers and spells, and a pack full of odds and ends and toys. I imagine most enchanting mages loaded up on MUI and AS boosters.
Also I bought the Dodging potion, because most old fart deaths are manuevers. The 10 rub coins with the heavy quartz orb spell were probably big sellers, being the only general CS booster out there.

:D

[Edited on 5-31-2004 by Askip]

Snapp
05-30-2004, 10:37 PM
I just want to give a special :heart: and thank you to Mint for picking up stuff for me at the Dhu.

:heart: Mint!!

Pallon
05-31-2004, 09:04 AM
What the hell was at the forging shop that was so popular? The standard collection of shitty 1x magic metals and mithglin wouldn't have sold out that fast.

Askip
05-31-2004, 10:09 AM
<< What the hell was at the forging shop that was so popular? >>

There may have been others that sold out before this clip:

[Protect Yer Self, Forge]

This room is nearly void of light except for a glowing forge in the back corner. Stacks of scrap metal have been pushed up against the wall in order to make some room to stand. A large wooden table is covered with unfinished blades and unattached handles. You also see a large sign, a torn curtain, a large steel bin, a large iron bin and a small ironwood bucket.

Obvious exits: none

>l in bin

In the steel bin you see a heavy rhimar slab, a heavy ora slab, a heavy mithril slab, a heavy mithglin slab, a heavy invar slab and a heavy imflass slab.

>l in other bin

In the iron bin you see a heavy drakar slab, a heavy gornar slab, a heavy zorchar slab, a heavy vultite slab and a heavy vaalorn slab.

>l in buck

In the ironwood bucket you see a large skin of ensorcelled oil and a large skin of twice-enchanted oil.

Jay
05-31-2004, 10:31 AM
I have never for the life of me understood the rationale behind providing limited off-the-shelf items at a paid event.

I doubt anyone could provide a reasonable explanation.

Bobmuhthol
05-31-2004, 10:33 AM
The difference is having 500 good items distributed or 500000.

Kitsun
05-31-2004, 11:06 AM
I think there was razern and rolaren slabs too.

Pallon
05-31-2004, 11:16 AM
Damn, why didn't they just call the shop "Buy Money Here". Unless the rolaren slabs were like three million each.

Askip
05-31-2004, 04:20 PM
<< The difference is having 500 good items distributed or 500000. >>

The problem is how those 400 or 500 items are distributed. It would be fairer for 200 people to get two each than two persons getting 200 each.

I figure this is a ploy to get folks to sign up for another run so they can make a mad dash for some slabs.

MPSorc
05-31-2004, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by Askip
The 10 rub coins with the heavy quartz orb spell were probably big sellers, being the only general CS booster out there.

just got some questions on these items, what shop were they in, exact description, and weight of each if anyone has the info handy please?

Askip
05-31-2004, 09:46 PM
The 'quartz orb spell' coins were sold in Knobs for Nobs. They are "a gold-chained polished silver coin". Neck worn, weight is less than two pounds. 18k each for I believe 10 rubs, I do not remember if that shop lowers the price for trading skill - Askip has none.

The website

http://www.brighnasa.com/DhuItems.htm

has some of the other magic items listed too.

Askip
05-31-2004, 09:52 PM
Get Voranna to do your portrait if you can, she does a great job of incorporating personal history:

Framed in gold, the canvas depicts a dark elven mage standing on a lush green mountainside. The elf is surrounded by a small menagerie of remarkable creatures, notably a bright red frog perches near his boots, while a trio of black dragons soars overhead in the blue sky. The man's curly brown hair is ruffled by a breeze from the wingbeats of the dragons, but the gaze of his grey-green eyes is caught by the ghostly white unicorn rearing up on the hill above him. Etched into the frame is the name "Askip."

Mint
05-31-2004, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by Snapp
I just want to give a special :heart: and thank you to Mint for picking up stuff for me at the Dhu.

:heart: Mint!!

Awww, next time I might even get a list from you instead of guessing what you might like. Heh.