PDA

View Full Version : More fun with Tayre

Drew2
08-11-2003, 07:59 PM
Ok well seeing as how it has become my supreme duty to make sure the socially challenged people that run amok in Icemule get their dues, I have another fun and exciting story about another moronic and ill-tempered individual.

Meet Garr. He's a quick-to-anger, thick-skulled fool. He thinks he's the coolest thing since sliced bread.

The story starts out with Adredrin. He likes being evil (Hell, who doesn't?). He begins by cursing several cheap items around town (always fun). Well I walk into TC and see Garr scratching himself uncontrollably. He has in his hand a slender blue wand (cursed, apparently) and his shield.

Now, itches, if you didn't know, makes you drops whatever is in your hands, save the cursed item. So.. he drops his shield. Well it looked all shiny so Tayre picks it up and immediatly begins inspecting it (aka. licking, poking, etc.). Garr, being the socially graceful person he is, demands it's return with several colorful words and demands.

Garr swings a sharp tongue at Tayre!
Tayres are immune to this type of attack!

Ok so... Tayre teases and pokes and prods and basically refuses to give him the shield because he's being ridiculous. So anyways.. Elbrion pulls him into the lounge and Tayre explains what happened... Elbrion says that he'll drop the whole issue if I return the shield and tell Garr to just play nice I agree. So this log picks up when I return the shield... I didn't edit it at all.

[The Nightowl Pub, Lounge]
Waitresses wearing feathered headdresses fashioned like the heads of owls work the room swiftly and quietly, trying not to interrupt the guests or the stage act. Although the tables are set relatively close together, the darkness creates a feeling of intimacy. After their number, the chorus glides off the stage and all but disappears behind a dark curtain. You also see a steep staircase.
Obvious exits: none
>

You hear the faint thoughts of Finiswolf echo in your mind:
"aye?"
>
Adredrin fades into visibility.
l table
>You look around the room to see who is seated at the various tables.

[Screech Owl Table]
Cloiee and Kranian

[Hoot Owl Table]
Mythos

[Spotted Owl Table]
Orleandra and Garr

[Burrowing Owl Table]
Carthand and Adrenath

[White Owl Table]
Cryobolt

[Winking Owl Table]
Lombrosis and Warchug

Type GO <table name> TABLE or GO <person> TABLE to be seated.
>
Adredrin joins your group.
>stare
You stare at nothing in particular.
>grin
You grin.
>
Adredrin stares off into space.
>think
>
You rub your chin thoughtfully.
>go garr table
>
You and your group approach the Spotted Owl Table, which is occupied. If you are sure you wish to join the people at that table, GO there again.
>whislte
I don't understand what you typed.
>whistle
You whistle tunelessly to yourself, remembering days past.
>
Adredrin chuckles.
>'Hopefully they won't get all huffy.
You say, "Hopefully they won't get all huffy."
>

You hear the faint thoughts of Finiswolf echo in your mind:
"why?"
>
You hear the voice of Elbrion say, "Hope not."
>cackle
You cackle!
>
Adredrin cackles!
>'Stalker.
You say, "Stalker."
>
Adredrin exclaims, "Hello!"
>raise fist
You raise your fist in a display of defiance.
>

You hear the faint thoughts of Sarelian echo in your mind:
"finis come please."
>
Adredrin says, "I want your invisible."
>
The buzz of thoughts in your mind subsides.
>
Adredrin grumbles.
>sign tho
Your hypnotic gesture makes your mind receptive to the thoughts of others. You feel their distant, comforting presence.
>
You hear the voice of Elbrion say, "Go ahead in."
tap
>You tap your foot impatiently.
>l

You hear the faint thoughts of Svardin echo in your mind:
":: cackle ::"
>
Waitresses wearing feathered headdresses fashioned like the heads of owls work the room swiftly and quietly, trying not to interrupt the guests or the stage act. Although the tables are set relatively close together, the darkness creates a feeling of intimacy. After their number, the chorus glides off the stage and all but disappears behind a dark curtain. You also see a steep staircase.
Also here: Adredrin
>

You hear the faint thoughts of Kristalis echo in your mind:
"Did Garr get his gear back?"
>'Okays.
>
You say, "Okays."
>go garr table
You and your group approach the Spotted Owl Table, which is occupied. If you are sure you wish to join the people at that table, GO there again.
>go garr table
You and your group head over to the Spotted Owl Table.
[Spotted Owl Table]
The tabletop is painted white, and dotted with large, brown circles. As you aimlessly study the patterns, you see the forms of cats, cows, and owls in the blurry spots. It is probably just a trick of the light.
Also here: GameHost Orleandra who is sitting, Garr who is sitting
Obvious exits: out
>smile
You smile.
>
Orleandra winks at Garr.
>
Garr smirks at Orleandra.
>tap shield
You tap a cross-gilt silver tower shield.
>
Orleandra waves to you.
>swap
Orleandra grins.
>give garr
Ok.
>
You offer your silver tower shield to Garr, who has 30 seconds to accept the offer. Type CANCEL to prematurely cancel the offer.
>
Garr has accepted your offer and is now holding a cross-gilt silver tower shield.
>
Orleandra says, "Aha. That looks familiar."
>
Garr slings a cross-gilt silver tower shield over his shoulder.
>

You hear the faint thoughts of Roelaren echo in your mind:
"did he get arressted"
>
Orleandra says, "Thank you very much, Tayre."
>'I hope you can be more amiable next time.
You say, "I hope you can be more amiable next time."
>grin gar
Orleandra nods to you.
>
You grin at Garr.
>
Adredrin nods.
>
Orleandra says, "We're working on that."
>

You hear the faint thoughts of Kristalis echo in your mind:
"Arrested for what?"
>
Orleandra chuckles.
>
Adredrin grins at Orleandra.
>
Adredrin applauds Orleandra.
>l orl

>You see GameHost Orleandra Tryllian.
She appears to be an Elf.
She appears to be youthful and average height. She has almond-shaped blue eyes and ivory skin. She has waist length, fine silver blonde hair. She has a delicate face and tall upswept pointed ears.
She is in good shape.
She is wearing a midnight blue silk choker, some silver fox fur slippers, a silvery brocade reticule trimmed with tiny polished vaalin acorns, a flowing midnight blue spidersilk gown trimmed with silver-threaded oak leaves, a hammered vaalin diadem of finely detailed oak leaves, some sheer spidersilk stockings, and an arching glass band filled with thick silver-streaked amber liquid.
>
Orleandra says, "But please don't tease him like you did in the future."
>
Orleandra begs and pleads with you!
>stare
>
* Allanor just bit the dust!
>'But there's no fun in that.
Orleandra chuckles.
>
You say, "But there's no fun in that."
>grumble
You grumble.
>grin tayre
You try hard not to grin.
>
Adredrin says, "tayre is a meanie"
>nod
You nod.
>

You hear the faint thoughts of Svardin echo in your mind:
"loiterin"
>
Orleandra says, "Bah. Yeah yeah."
>
Adredrin says, "everyone knows that."
>point tayre
>
You point at yourself.
>
Orleandra waves her hand in a dismissive gesture.
"Mean.
>A bolt of lightning streaks down from the sky and strikes you!
... 20 points of damage!
Painfully bright jolt to head leaves ears glowing.
You are stunned for 6 rounds!

A tremendous crack of thunder follows instantly!
You are still stunned.
>
You feel at full magical power again.
>
Orleandra laughs!
>
You are healed.
>
Garr blinks.
>nsicker
I don't understand what you typed.
>
Adredrin says, "ew"
>snicker
You snicker.
>
Orleandra exclaims, "No more being a meanie!"
>'Fine!
* Coinner just bit the dust!
>
You exclaim, "Fine!"
Orleandra snickers.
>"No teasing!
>
You exclaim, "No teasing!"
>gaze up
You gaze heavenward.
>
Adredrin chuckles.
>
* Shalla just bit the dust!
>
* Mydnight just bit the dust!
>
Orleandra says, "Really, guys. I'd appreciate it if I didn't have to hear about this again."
>fold
You fold your arms over your chest.
>'Of course not.
>
You say, "Of course not."
Orleandra exclaims, "I can be mean if I want to. Trust me!"
>"I sorry you were bothered.
You say, "I sorry you were bothered."
>glance or
You glance at Orleandra.
>
Orleandra says, "I look small, but I'm evil."
>cower ord
I could not find what you were referring to.
>
Orleandra leans forward and rests her chin in her hand, a thoughtful expression on her face.
>'Very, very sorry
You say, "Very, very sorry"
>
Orleandra coughs.
>
Orleandra's eyes suddenly glow with a fierce crimson light.
>
Adredrin says, "meh"
>shiver
Orleandra roars!
You shiver.
>
Adredrin folds his arms over his chest.
>
Adredrin peers quizzically at Orleandra.
>'I think we'll make our exit now.
You say, "I think we'll make our exit now."
>gulp
You gulp.
>bow orl
You bow to Orleandra.
Adredrin asks, "something in your eye?"
>
Orleandra laughs!
>out
Also here: Scaxton
Adredrin followed.
>grin
You grin.
>
Scaxton went down a steep staircase.
>
Adredrin says, "well, it was fun."
>whisper adre I wonder if that was her or Elbrion.
You quietly whisper to Adredrin, "I wonder if that was her or Elbrion."
>laugh merry
You raise your voice in merry laughter.
>
Adredrin says, "even if he did whine a lot."
>
Adredrin mutters under his breath.
>

You hear the faint thoughts of Giffaxe echo in your mind:
"hello"
>whisper adredrin Either way I laughed my head off.
You quietly whisper to Adredrin, "Either way I laughed my head off."
>stare

Taernath
08-11-2003, 08:18 PM
I think Garr was the one harassing my animal companion in town square. He'll get his if he keeps it up.

Soulpieced
08-11-2003, 08:30 PM
I really have no idea why the GM's would get involved in a curse. You were obviously (I hope), eventually going to return the shield. And the really have no IC business for him being too stupid to put the shield away in a container. That's just my opinion.

Bestatte
08-11-2003, 08:35 PM
That's just sad. I mean...pathetic. It's a real shame people are allowed to complain that other people are ROLEPLAYING.

Now, if you had just grabbed the shield and run off..maybe - MAYBE - it would've been considered twinkish and worthy of a scolding.

But honestly, it's not like you were trying to sneak off with it. You were just playing. Roleplaying. In a roleplaying game. What a novel concept.

Or maybe it isn't a roleplaying game at all? If a GM/Host/Whatever is tasked with telling people who RP pains in the butt..to stop RPing pains in the butt..then that isn't a roleplaying game.

It's a "touchy feely happy smoochy chat room/hack-n-slash" game where everyone is required to get along and there's no conflict allowed.

Pointless if you ask me. I think I'll go get my Chutes and Ladders board game out of the chest. It'll be a lot more fun.

Reyek
08-11-2003, 08:58 PM
tayre is a meanie i think i'll go put him in his place ::poke::

Drew2
08-11-2003, 09:03 PM
Yes, I had every intention on returning the shield at first.

Yes, I agree that it sucks that I can't roleplay something out without a GM getting involved.

Elbrion is cool, though. You have to understand their position when they have dumb young players nagging at them because they're not getting their way. So.. I just went along with it.

Bestatte
08-11-2003, 09:12 PM
Young players have no business nagging at the staff because they're not getting their way, and staff members have no business allowing it.

Them getting their way - is not fun for YOU, or whoever else they're complaining about. Is the $19.99 per month they're paying (or whatever the fee is these days) more valueable than the $19.99 you're paying?

It isn't about balance, or fairness. It's about making rules and sticking to them. The rule is, anything that distracts from roleplay, is subject to scrutiny. Supposedly, this means that RP comes before OOC whining. RP takes priority in any game-related conflict.

Maybe it isn't any serious kind of RP game, but that IS one of their policies. And it sounds like they just throw the policy right out the window. I wouldn't just roll with it, or go along with it. If my money is good enough for them to take, then they'd damned well better enforce the policies they are getting paid to enforce.

Caveat: Note that I am speaking hypothetically when it comes to me, thus the "if" in my statement.
kthnxbye

Reyek
08-11-2003, 09:13 PM
next time just run to the pawn shop and sell it real quick

Vesi
08-12-2003, 11:00 PM
>>You see GameHost Orleandra Tryllian.
She appears to be an Elf.
She appears to be youthful and average height. She has almond-shaped blue eyes and ivory skin. She has waist length, fine silver blonde hair. She has a delicate face and tall upswept pointed ears.
She is in good shape.

She is wearing a hammered vaalin diadem of finely detailed oak leaves, a midnight blue silk choker, a flowing midnight blue spidersilk gown trimmed with silver-threaded oak leaves, a silvery brocade reticule trimmed with tiny polished vaalin acorns, an arching glass band filled with thick silver-streaked amber liquid, some sheer spidersilk stockings, and some silver fox fur slippers.>>

There. I feel better. (humor me):P

Garr is an idiot and that is putting it mildly.

He had heavy competition at the well the other night with someone named Satyrael(sp). I don't know what's happened to the well in Icemule, but I know my rogue is doing a lot more hunting now. So many OOC people there. I did stay around awhile trying to roleplay, but it completely flew over their heads. I'm not the greatest roleplayer in the world. I'd just be happy if they stayed IC.

Vesi

daragon13
08-12-2003, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by Tayre

Yes, I agree that it sucks that I can't roleplay something out without a GM getting involved.

Elbrion is cool, though. You have to understand their position when they have dumb young players nagging at them because they're not getting their way. So.. I just went along with it.

Isn't it though? I have never called a GM on anyone Except in Klaive's case, where he dragged me outside of town when I was afk at a table and imploded me.

Red Devil
08-13-2003, 12:51 AM
Originally posted by daragon13

Originally posted by Tayre

Isn't it though? I have never called a GM on anyone Except in Klaive's case, where he dragged me outside of town when I was afk at a table and imploded me.

props to Klaive

[Edited on 8-13-2003 by Red Devil]

Warriorbird
08-13-2003, 10:16 AM
Yah, frightening when he does something right.

longshot
08-13-2003, 12:12 PM
Edit the log first...

Before you do anything, always remember...

WWHD?

What would Haashek do?

He would post an unedited log... so you shouldn't.

Trinitis
08-13-2003, 07:47 PM
Garr reaches for a blue crystal.
As Garr comes in contact with the blue crystal, a thread of swirling gray magic issues forth from it and coils around his body. It whirls malevolently around him for a moment and then disappears within him.
Garr removes a blue crystal from on a carved ice bench.
Arilis just went east.
>
Garr blinks.
>
Garr warmly says, "aww crap"
>
Kristalis laughs at Garr!

You know whats funny about that? That just happend about 3 min ago..and those first 4 reactions all happened EXACTLY as it did the first time tayre started this thread about...god I about died laughing.

-Adredrin