PDA

View Full Version : Report command

Back
08-11-2003, 10:04 PM
Curious about people's use of this command. Please explain your answer and describe general GM response.

Bobmuhthol
08-11-2003, 10:16 PM
I reported Mhzentul for binding, silencing, and stunning me. The thing that really triggered it was he unbalanced me so he could heal me and gain experience. The GH acted like I was too stupid to understand anything. Or he was too stupid to understand anything. GM response is normally decent, but when I reported Mhzentul Kyalia asked me if I ever wonder why I'm in so much conflict all the time. Fuck her.

Taernath
08-11-2003, 10:45 PM
Most of the time I use it (rarely) it's just to report continuous OOC talk, so the GM response I get is the automated 'thank you, we are looking into this situation...'

Snapp
08-11-2003, 11:18 PM
I use it to report a lot of stupid names I see walking around, which most of the time the reply is "thats not completely against policy..." And I've also reported Mhzentul, Bob.

Drew2
08-11-2003, 11:56 PM
I've used report a few dozen times in the past few weeks. Before that, I had never used it before. I use it to talk to the GM's sometimes though. Some of them are good people.

Artha
08-12-2003, 02:09 AM
I use it occasionally. Continuous OOC talk and amazingly stupid names, as well as anyone who decides they feel like attacking me for no reason all get it.

Bobmuhthol
08-12-2003, 02:12 AM
Am I psychic, or was that already posted? I'm positive I read it earlier.

Betheny
08-12-2003, 06:36 AM
I report inappropriate and disruptive behavior. I've also been known to report stupid names. I try and make an effort to resolve inappropriate/disruptive behavior in an in-character manner before I report though.

Generally if it's nothing serious I tend to assist and talk to a host (assuming it's not an ongoing problem.)

Warriorbird
08-12-2003, 07:21 AM
I use it for like...not just the standard idiocy, but, like massively disruptive stuff. Screen scrolling, wanton 1337 flavored hate speech, totally inappropriate stuff on the net/character names. I'd probably also use it for guild skill weapon robbery. It is nice to have, but some people use it as a crutch.

Betheny
08-12-2003, 07:34 AM
Pardon me for saying this, but screw policy. If someone's being a dick and they won't stop, they get reported. Inappropriate behavior doesn't have to be openly cybergasming. It can be talking out of character, which is technically only discouraged by policy, not outlawed.

I've used report for things I wasn't even involved in -- just the other day some idiot cleric was beating the crap out of a younger rogue. The rogue hadn't done anything but sat there talking to his girlfriend, and the cleric decided he wanted to get involved too, and he started insulting the rogue. The rogue stole a few coins, and the cleric kept him bound, silenced, and stunned for about 45 minutes. Guy was about 10 trains my junior, but I didn't really want to get involved, so I just reported. It's amazing that people won't do it themselves.

Kitsun
08-12-2003, 04:01 PM
The alst few times I've used report to let GM's know login for the SGE and Website are all broken.

Also if rooms aren't connected properly, typically with just opened merchant events. You go into the shop on the east end and it throws you out the west end.

Usually just get a thanks for the heads up.

Lord Whirlin
08-17-2003, 03:02 AM
Report is a last resort in my mind. I've been on the GM queues several times. I want them to be paying attention to me, not some newbie who'se being annoying by talking OOC in the small park. I understand policy, but even so, it doesn't mean it has to be brought up every single time something wrong is done. If someone is being annoying, I'll stun them, if someone is being loud, I thump them. deal with it in game before going to the GMs.
I don't see the reason to report stupid names, nor most OOC talk. Swearing, only on occasion I will report (mainly if it's someone I'm in a fight with). Other than that, I'll deal with it in game. The GMs have to deal with a lot as it is, a game host's power isn't great enough to get our reports. I don't think report should be used as often as I've seen posted here.

Artha
08-17-2003, 04:00 AM
It's a different group of GMs who are looking at disruptive and who are helping you.

Haashek
08-17-2003, 11:04 AM
As a rule GH just files a report to build a case against someone who is just out of line. According to one SGM I talked with it takes a good deal of reports on someone before they really do anything unless they feel it's a severe problem that many are reporting about.

Edaarin
08-17-2003, 02:27 PM
Maybe they'd take it seriously if some people didn't use it as a constant crutch for poor RP'ing.

Parkbandit
08-17-2003, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by Edaarin
Maybe they'd take it seriously if some people didn't use it as a constant crutch for poor RP'ing.

Exactly. Folks like Haashek who use report/assist/warn all the time to prop up their lack of roleplaying skill are probably put on a GM idiot list. "WAA! Falgrin was picking on me again! He laughed, though I'm not sure he did it to me, but I warned, assisted and reported JUST in case"

peam
08-17-2003, 05:31 PM
I report when I'm continously disabled (bound, silenced, thumped, stunned, etc.) One's fine, but when it's continual it drives me nuckin' futs.

08-18-2003, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by Maimara
Pardon me for saying this, but screw policy. If someone's being a dick and they won't stop, they get reported. Inappropriate behavior doesn't have to be openly cybergasming. It can be talking out of character, which is technically only discouraged by policy, not outlawed.

I've used report for things I wasn't even involved in -- just the other day some idiot cleric was beating the crap out of a younger rogue. The rogue hadn't done anything but sat there talking to his girlfriend, and the cleric decided he wanted to get involved too, and he started insulting the rogue. The rogue stole a few coins, and the cleric kept him bound, silenced, and stunned for about 45 minutes. Guy was about 10 trains my junior, but I didn't really want to get involved, so I just reported. It's amazing that people won't do it themselves.

I'm not sure why you felt the need to get involved. Obviously, if the rogue wanted to report or to have GM involvement, he would have reported. If it bothered you, leave the area.

Minding your own business is underrated.

AnticorRifling
08-20-2003, 12:34 AM
I rarely use it. I think I've used report twice in three years for anything serious. Once and awhile I'll report some stupid random thought to see if anyone is listening. Sometimes it goes unnoticed and sometimes I catch a lightning bolt to the head followed by a send of laughter :cool:

Lisu
08-22-2003, 04:36 AM
I wish there was a command between 'report' and 'comment'. So many times someone does something that is a violation of policy, but doesn't need 'immediate attention'. Like if your bike gets stolen, you don't call 911, you call the police station. We need something similar.