PDA

View Full Version : 4 more years!

Keller
11-05-2004, 05:53 AM
Today I learned that the reason I had not been called back for my job with Homeland Security is that they needed to make sure THEY would still have their jobs before they offered me mine. If I would have know this I would have said fuck women/gay rights -- I want a paycheck! At least I've quit my two-day alcoholic binge of depression for now. Now my background investigation begins. Then I get to do a "Meet and Greet." Anyone know what this means? I just graduated in May and I've no clue what that means. I was told I would be doing one though. Do I just go into work for a day and meet the people, we have some small-talk, and I leave? What a waste of a day.

Anyways, I'll bring down the system from the inside. And they thought the Bolsheviks were brutal, just you wait.

PS - If for some reason you find this in my background check -- I am so kidding!

Pallon
11-05-2004, 06:43 AM
I feel safer already

Warriorbird
11-05-2004, 06:48 AM
Heck... with Bush in power I might join back up. TSA will definitely remain relavent.

Nakiro
11-05-2004, 07:00 AM
A meet and greet is where you go in (dress up) meet your supervisors, and talk about what types of responsibilitis you'd have on the job. Its like an interview, but the focus is less on your background and more on your future.

So look sharp!

Gan
11-05-2004, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by Keller

...Anyways, I'll bring down the system from the inside. And they thought the Bolsheviks were brutal, just you wait.

PS - If for some reason you find this in my background check -- I am so kidding!

Big Brother will always find things like this and spring it on you when you least expect. Muahahahahahahahahaha.

Parkbandit
11-05-2004, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by Keller

Don't worry. I sent this post in as well as excerpts from your other anti-Bush posts. That Meet and Greet should be quite entertaining. Glad I'm going to be there orchestrating the entire night.

Muuaahhaaa.

Betheny
11-05-2004, 12:27 PM
I tried to get a job with TSA.

Affirmative action assured that every underqualified black person got in, but I didn't. Even though I'm more than qualified.

Farquar
11-05-2004, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by Maimara
Affirmative action assured that every underqualified black person got in, but I didn't. Even though I'm more than qualified.
Is this a joke? If so, good one.

If not, then you have no idea how AA works, and I'll be glad to explain it to you. I would do so now, but I didn't want to waste my time if you were just kidding.

DeV
11-05-2004, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by Maimara
I tried to get a job with TSA.

Affirmative action assured that every underqualified black person got in, but I didn't. Even though I'm more than qualified. Well, Keller just may have taken your job then.

But seriously, this is not the way it works. You would not know if you were not offered the job due to affirmative action as a job seeker. Affirmative action as it pertains to the TSA is targeted at promoting qualified veterans which include special disabled veterans, and any other veterans who served on active duty during a war, for starters.